PDA

View Full Version : How does one get ones DN's ghostly visage to be an outsider?

Escheton
2011-09-03, 12:15 PM
I considered the spell: Vile death. Which turns corporeal undead fiendish, but yeah, emphasis corporeal.

The elemental familiar spell, from the spellbook archive actually turns your familiar into a small elemental, not very helpful.

And short of rule 0, I'm kinda stumped, any idea?

Urpriest
2011-09-03, 12:27 PM
It might be a bad idea to make your Ghostly Visage an Outsider, I've heard it argued that the ability to not die at Con - is a special feature of the Construct and Undead types. I find this unlikely, but there are those who argue for it.

Anyway, Alienist will make your familiar Pseudonatural. Normally the template can only be applied to corporeal creatures, but the Alienist text makes no exception for familiars that don't qualify.

Zaq
2011-09-03, 02:11 PM
PAO should work, if you can get your hands on it.

Coidzor
2011-09-03, 08:50 PM
Why do you want an outsider ghostly visage?

Jack_Simth
2011-09-03, 09:41 PM
I considered the spell: Vile death. Which turns corporeal undead fiendish, but yeah, emphasis corporeal.

The elemental familiar spell, from the spellbook archive actually turns your familiar into a small elemental, not very helpful.

And short of rule 0, I'm kinda stumped, any idea?
You can make an incorporeal critter temporarily corporeal via the Ghost Trap spell (Spell Compendium page 103 - and an Instant spell only cares about when it was cast, usually).

TheJake
2011-09-04, 06:24 AM
Arcane Disciple (Trickery) will give you PAO as a DN but you will become MAD with needing WIS 18 to pull it off (not impossible though).

Why do you want Fiendish for? Surely there's easier ways to get the Fiendish template?

- J.

Thurbane
2011-09-04, 06:58 AM
One level in the Fiend-blooded PrC (also in HoH) will apply the Fiendish template to your familiar. Note, though, that the Fiendish template will not make it an Outsider, merely an Undead with the Extraplanar subtype.

Escheton
2011-09-08, 03:49 AM
The point was to boost the ego of the critter to make its dominate ability harder to resist.

Seeing this is for gestalt, and the other side is sacred fist, the domaincasting feat could very well work, thanks.