PDA

View Full Version : Making Magic in the Playground

AgentPaper
2011-09-03, 03:31 PM
I've been messing around with making a custom set of cards for Magic: The Gathering, as have a few others over in the MtG thread, but to make any real progress we really need to gather up a team.

I'll take the position as head designer. We'll also need a head developer, someone well versed with the ins and outs of how the game actually plays. Preferably this would be someone who's played and done well in tournaments, both constructed and draft. Other than that, we'll need various people to do design and/or development, and eventually playtesters.

To get things started, we should decide on the focus of the first set. Zendikar was all about land, Rise of the Eldrazi was all about the Eldrazi, Scars of Mirrodin was about war, and Innistrad is about horror. What will our set focus on?

Shas aia Toriia
2011-09-03, 10:48 PM
We tried this a while back, and it didn't work out so well. Lack of focus and commitment just lead to the thing kind of falling apart.

Zain
2011-09-03, 11:00 PM
I'd be happy to help with ideas and play testing, however my experience with MtG is limited, so I'm not sure how much help I'd be. As for focus, why not focus on variable based cards?

MammonAzrael
2011-09-03, 11:19 PM
This is a double posted thread. If you two are interested, the discussion is already underway (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=214068). :smallsmile: