PDA

View Full Version : [DnD 3.5] What to buy?

theonesin
2011-09-03, 06:00 PM
I've got a Wizard 3/War Weaver 5/Archivist 1/Mystic Theurge 1, and we just got a crapload of gold. I've already bought +6 int and wis items, and am looking for other things to buy.

I have 118,991gp.

Any advice? All books are open.

Waker
2011-09-03, 06:42 PM
I've got a Wizard 3/War Weaver 5/Archivist 1/Mystic Theurge 1
Unless you've got some tricks up your sleeve you meet neither of the requirements for those prestige classes. War Weaver requires 3rd level arcane spells, while you only have a maximum of 2nd level and Mystic Theurge needs 2nd level in both arcane and divine, but your Archivist only provides 1st level.

Eldariel
2011-09-03, 06:58 PM
I've got a Wizard 3/War Weaver 5/Archivist 1/Mystic Theurge 1, and we just got a crapload of gold. I've already bought +6 int and wis items, and am looking for other things to buy.

I have 118,991gp.

Any advice? All books are open.

Caster Level boosters (Orange Prism Ioun Stone, Ring of Arcane Power, Robe of Arcane Power [MIC], Strand of Prayer Beads (Beads of Karma), etc.), Metamagic Rods [DMG/MIC] (especially Quicken), Ring of Spell-Battle [MIC], Belt of Battle (unless you plan on using spells for that effect), Ring of Enduring Arcana [CMage], Con-booster, Dex-booster, etc. Much depends on what you want to do (Wands and Scrolls obviously, but you might want e.g. Circlet of Persuasion for Planar Binding or some focuses and Contingent Spells or some such).

sreservoir
2011-09-03, 07:08 PM
Unless you've got some tricks up your sleeve you meet neither of the requirements for those prestige classes. War Weaver requires 3rd level arcane spells, while you only have a maximum of 2nd level and Mystic Theurge needs 2nd level in both arcane and divine, but your Archivist only provides 1st level.

mystic theurge is nigh-unplayable without early entry, so it's kind of given. I'd assume sanctum spell.

noparlpf
2011-09-03, 07:24 PM
I've got a Wizard 3/War Weaver 5/Archivist 1/Mystic Theurge 1

If you don't mind, may I ask how? You don't have the prerequisite spell levels available to enter those prestige classes.

deuxhero
2011-09-03, 07:29 PM
Standard stuff is intelligence booster firstly, then lesser extend rod for buffs, handy harversack for holding everything.

Snails
2011-09-03, 11:46 PM
Spellcasters do quite well with standard kit out of the DMG:
+4 or +6 Con item -- HPs and Fort save are your weak point
Minor Cloak of Displacement -- stops Sneak Attack, extends your HP against melee and ranged attacks, and might save your bacon from a ray
Lesser Rod of Metamagic Quicken -- Actions are your limiting factor on offense

Zaq
2011-09-04, 12:43 AM
I find that standard initiative boosters are never amiss on any sort of caster.

sreservoir
2011-09-04, 11:08 AM
I find that standard initiative boosters are never amiss on any sort of caster.

by that, do you mean things like eager weapons of warning, or boosts to dexterity checks, or init specifically?

Zaq
2011-09-04, 11:53 AM
by that, do you mean things like eager weapons of warning, or boosts to dexterity checks, or init specifically?

Whatever you can get. Eager weapon, warning weapon, sandals of the vagabond, bracers of blinding strike, whatever. You've got the magic, you want to be able to use it before anyone can say no.

Geigan
2011-09-04, 12:08 PM
As always, this thread is a good start. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=187851)

Buy a blessed book(or two) and start filling it. Magic Item Compendium is always a great place to look through after you're done with the SRD. I always like to have a rod of many wands loaded with wands of force orbs if I have an overabundance of money to spend.

Jayh
2011-09-04, 12:11 PM
My warweaver is a crafter, so I usually try to grab a few things from this list:

(yes, some are cleric or sorc spells. If I have a sorc or cleric in the party, I try to get their help)

prestigitgation
light
unseenservant
detect magic
detect secret doors
readmagic
endure elements
identify
shocking grasp
sheild
mage armor
knock