PDA

View Full Version : Well, here goes.

Shadesinger
2011-09-04, 01:33 AM
Just an idea knocking around my head, and I figured I'd run it past you guys, see what you make of it, or give any critique or ideas for it.

I've always enjoyed a combination of sci-fi and medium-heavy fantasy, and I quite like the idea of a modern-fantasy style world. (So like the modern world we live in, but with magic and elves and dragons and e.t.c.)

Said world would probably be populated by your usual fantasy races (elves, dwarves, half-elves...) but I may make adjustments to them. And I'd maybe create genetically altered subraces of humans with unique abilities and drawbacks.

For potential plots there are numerous conspiracies and underground crime syndicates (like some kind of Fantasy mafia... except not the mafia, naturally.) There are also unexplored and long forgotten areas where the traditional fantasy adventuring and dungeon crawling can still take place. Or modern day problems could be used in a plotline as well.

Alignments wouldn't apply, but maybe there should be something similar like a reputation or something that would affect how npcs and such should react to a certain PC.

Anyway, that's just the start of some of the stuff running through my brain, it's still undergoing development really.

Twin Dragons
2011-09-04, 02:34 AM
Have you heard of Amethyst? IMO it does a great job of combining D20 Modern w/ D&D.

It might be worth looking into for the sake of inspiration.