PDA

View Full Version : 4e dragonborn cleric

Graytemplar
2011-09-04, 05:00 PM
hi playgrounders!
Im new to 4e, but have great experience in 3.5, as my signature will atest.
I'm working on a dragonborn cleric of Falazure (God of dracoliches) whose ultimate goal is to become a dracoliche. I'm looking for feats/paragon paths/destinies to help him reach this goal.
Any suggestions?

Dreadn4ught
2011-09-04, 05:08 PM
I tried to make a Battle Cleric, and it didn't turn out so well. For a build, go with Devoted Cleric.

DragonBaneDM
2011-09-04, 05:09 PM
Hm... Tempted though you may be to play the Str variant of the Cleric, it's a bit of a trap.

So! I recommend going with Con/Cha instead of Str/Cha and then picking up the basic "Lazer Cleric" build. Sacred Flame is seen as their go-to At-Will, and Astral Seal is a strong second for when you want to throw around that -2 to all defenses. Definately helps.

In general, I've found these to just be MONEY Cleric powers:
Bane
Moment of Glory
Astral Condemnation
Beacon of Hope
Sever the Source (Hello Auto Hit)

I'm also a fan of Pacifist Healer, thus the power selection. BUT if you want to be a Dracolich, I'd think you wouldn't be a fan of that. Multiclassing Paladin with Divine Channeler to pick up Divine Mettle is fun as well!

Oh! Shielding Word and Mark of Healing are two very fun feats as well!

EDIT: If you're looking for Rituals, check out Dragon Magazine 380 if you have DDI. There's a ritual called Comrade's Succor in it, and it's GREAT for managing your party's surges.

MeeposFire
2011-09-04, 06:11 PM
Battle clerics are not a trap anymore but you will want battle clerics lore rather than healers lore. Without it you would be better served as a rune priest or using the newer war priests from the newer books.

WitchSlayer
2011-09-04, 08:38 PM
The Archlich epic destiny seems fairly obvious for the actually becoming of the dracolich.

DragonBaneDM
2011-09-06, 10:18 AM
The Archlich epic destiny seems fairly obvious for the actually becoming of the dracolich.

Agreed! You just need to have the Int score to get into the class in the first place. After that, two simple power swaps to get an encounter utility power and a daily fear or necrotic power would help you make full use of it's capabilities.

Maybe Shield? Shield helps everyone! :smalltongue:

EDIT: Oh boy! Looks like you don't even NEED to go Wizard, my bad! With your huge Charisma, you could definitely get into a different class way easier.

Justicar
2011-09-06, 01:01 PM
Mayhaps a Dragon Soul Sorcerer?

DragonBaneDM
2011-09-06, 01:14 PM
Mayhaps a Dragon Soul Sorcerer?

Yeah! Though you're risking making yourself MAD at this point. Dragon Sorcerer Utilities are reliant on Str for the most part, like Platinum Scales or Sudden Scales.

Needless to say, if you go Battle Cleric, that's a great path to go! Come Epic you're in Archlich and can use those powers twice in a fight/day!

Meta
2011-09-10, 12:41 AM
If you have or can get a hold of Heroes of Shadow, there's a Death Domain Warpriest build. If you don't have it, PM me and I can spoiler some of it for you to see if you'd be interested.

DragonBaneDM
2011-09-10, 02:35 AM
If you have or can get a hold of Heroes of Shadow, there's a Death Domain Warpriest build. If you don't have it, PM me and I can spoiler some of it for you to see if you'd be interested.

Dees my friends and dis my forum. Go back to charop and fight more. =P

Session was great tonight. Asmodeus seemed to like your pitch.

And he's right. The Death Domain would work really well with this character concept, though I don't know exactly what you should do for Paragon Tier. Either way, this will be a very cool character! Do keep us posted on developments!!!

Maho-Tsukai
2011-09-24, 06:58 AM
I also support the death domain idea since pretty much all but a handful of the powers don't require an attack roll to work and the few that do don't need to make the attack roll to get their effects off. What dose this mean? It means you don't have to worry about having a race with no wisdom bonus(IE Dragonborn) because you rarely have to worry about needing to make attack rolls. You can therefore take a 16-17 wisdom and not dumb every stat except wis and con, which you would need to do to get an 18 wisdom off a dragonborn. While that 18 wisdom will make some of the bonuses you grant a bit bigger you quite frankly you won't need it as much because the death domain's powers don't require you to make attack rolls to work.

I know because my most beloved character is a Dragonborn Death Domain Warpriest...