PDA

View Full Version : Spell to increase Tempature Band

Scribble
2011-09-04, 07:59 PM
I'm looking at playing a Walker in the Waste and have noticed something a bit odd. Aside from the epic spell Global Warming there don't appear to be any spells that raise the temperature band in a given area.

Frostburn has Frostfell which lowers the band by 3 for a while but there appears to be no Sandstorm equivalent of this spell.

Did I over look something or are there really no spells to increase the temperature band in a small area so I can make it Unearthly Hot around my Walker?

sreservoir
2011-09-04, 08:38 PM
control temperature. buff your caster level.

Scribble
2011-09-04, 10:28 PM
That has a casting time to make it worthless in combat. Was looking for something like Frostfell, only for heat instead of cold.

ILM
2011-09-05, 06:20 AM
On the other hand it lasts hours/CL and stays centered on you, so you can just cast it in the morning (extend it if necessary) and walk around with it. Of course, your teammates may not thank you for it... On the plus side, with Greater Drought, it should be enough to bring anywhere you are up to burning heat.

Malimar
2011-09-05, 10:33 AM
Was looking for something like Frostfell, only for heat instead of cold.

Say that to your DM, in exactly those words. "I want a spell that's like <existing spell>, except <different kind of damage>" is exactly what the "researching your own brand-new spell" guidelines are for.