PDA

View Full Version : Aquatic campaign (my players stay out)

Adindra
2011-09-05, 01:52 AM
So im starting a new campaign once my current one finishes and its based upon the high seas. I was going to use a tyrannical government to act as the big bad (which kindof allows good characters to be pirates for a good cause which they will love ^.^ ) but im at a loss for actual objectives for the to have.

Having never run an oceanic/underwater based campaign before i was wondering if the minds here at GitP could offer any advice or ideas to keep my players entertained. (any research i have to do is fine im willing to put in any work i have to i just would like them to have fun)

Inferno
2011-09-05, 02:11 AM
Could have some other government hire them as privateers, sinking and capturing the evil guys boats, taking prisoners. Or members of some Npc's privateer crew (to inherit leadership at a higher level) objective is simple and can scale depending on their orders/greed/other motivations.

AzazelSephiroth
2011-09-07, 02:19 AM
I am sure someone will mention this of course but Stormwrack has some great material for a highseas style campaign... If they are to be pirates then of course jungle islands with buried treasure, ghost ships and unexplained mysteries at sea, are all required. I would also suggest checking on the exposure rules for diseases and strange weather effects... you can never be too careful in the Tropics!

Fouredged Sword
2011-09-07, 09:05 AM
Zombie lizardmen make great horrors from under the sea. Awaken them and grant dread necromancer class levels for more fun. Very hard to kill with DR/ slashing, bludgioning, and magic. The watchman calls out one night as he suddenly sees them start to come out of the ocean and climb up the sides of the ship.

A good pirate story need ghosts or undead somewhere in it.