PDA

View Full Version : Creating Princess Tutu,

TheRinni
2011-09-05, 10:57 AM
So, I want to play a character who has a literal ugly duckling background.

The only way I can see accomplishing this is: a powerful wizard casts Polymorph and Permanency on a duck, to make it into a human. The problem with this scenario is:
The subject gains the Strength, Dexterity, and Constitution scores of the new form but retains its own Intelligence, Wisdom, and Charisma scores.

Lacking the stats for a duck, I'm going to use the Swan stats provided in Book of Exalted Deeds, change the size from small to tiny, and eliminate the damage reduction.

CR 1/3; Tiny Animal; HD 1d8; hp 4; Init +2; Spd 10 ft.,
fly 60 ft. (average); AC 15 (+2 size, +2 Dex, +1 natural), touch 13,
flat-footed 12; Atk +1 melee (1d3–1, 2 slams) and –4 melee
(1d2–1, bite); AL N; SV Fort
+2, Ref +4, Will +1; Str 8, Dex 15, Con 10, Int 2, Wis 12, Cha 6.
Skills and Feats: Listen +7, Spot +3; Alertness

Any ideas from the Playground on other ways to make this work?

Metahuman1
2011-09-05, 11:03 AM
Make it an Awakened Swan, maybe with a pre Polymorph Spellwarped Template or something to help boost it's Int and Cha.

Analytica
2011-09-05, 11:05 AM
Polymorph Any Object (8th level sor/wis spell) is better for this. It also changes mental ability scores, and is probably permanent in this case.

TheRinni
2011-09-05, 11:10 AM
Polymorph Any Object (8th level sor/wis spell) is better for this. It also changes mental ability scores, and is probably permanent in this case.
It only grants the Intelligence score, but that's still better than my original idea. Thanks!

Unlike polymorph, polymorph any object does grant the creature the Intelligence score of its new form. If the original form didn’t have a Wisdom or Charisma score, it gains those scores as appropriate for the new form.

Make it an Awakened Swan, maybe with a pre Polymorph Spellwarped Template or something to help boost it's Int and Cha.
Sorry, but can you provide the book/page for the template you mentioned, and rules regarding Awakened creatures?

Cieyrin
2011-09-05, 12:14 PM
Sorry, but can you provide the book/page for the template you mentioned, and rules regarding Awakened creatures?

Awakened is as the spell Awaken (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/awaken.htm). Spellwarped only boosts Int, which we have already in spades.

Metahuman1
2011-09-05, 06:51 PM
Um, Int is a 2, Wis is a 12. I think you might have mixed that up.

This would also be good for helping the Int, and the Cha of the character. http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/monsters/phrenicCreature.htm Maybe drop another Template on top if your going for a Cha heavy character.

Cieyrin
2011-09-06, 10:53 AM
Um, Int is a 2, Wis is a 12. I think you might have mixed that up.

This would also be good for helping the Int, and the Cha of the character. http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/monsters/phrenicCreature.htm Maybe drop another Template on top if your going for a Cha heavy character.

I meant the Int provided by Awaken cast on the swan, which is 3d6 Int and +1d3 Cha. Phrenic would be better than Spellwarped, given Spellwarped physically warps the creature and not exactly what Princess Tutu would entail...