PDA

View Full Version : [Nexus] HALO 162: One Night In HALO Makes A Hard Man Humble

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7

Beans
2011-09-23, 06:50 PM
She nods, reaching for her favorite book.
Dinosaurs galore.
She sits back against the pillows, trying to draw Angela into her lap.

FireFox
2011-09-23, 06:54 PM
As might be expected from the uneducated girl, Angela is not very literate. I suspect that she'd be interested in the kamasutra, but she is not normally a fan of books. Yet she sits in the daemon's lap and listens to her read about dinosaurs.

Beans
2011-09-23, 06:58 PM
Tsiln helps the experience with some well-placed ear-petting.
Eventually, she puts the book away and nuzzles Angela's neck.
Thank you for being with me, mistress.

FireFox
2011-09-23, 06:59 PM
Angela purrs and smiles at Tsiln. I look after all of my girls.

Beans
2011-09-23, 07:02 PM
Tsiln snuggles closer, smiling back.
You take care of me very well, mistress.

FireFox
2011-09-23, 07:06 PM
You deserve no less, sweetie.

Beans
2011-09-23, 07:09 PM
She smiles and kisses her goddess.
Thank you...
Tsiln pets her, holding her close.
I'm glad to be yours.

FireFox
2011-09-23, 07:11 PM
Angela kisses her back, then tries to pull a gentle curtain.

Beans
2011-09-23, 07:13 PM
When it rises again, the daemon is snuggled close, sleeping in the foxgirl's arms.

The Bushranger
2011-09-23, 10:15 PM
BR, meanwhile, has decided to patrol the base.

Patty looks to be heading for the airlock to depart.

Condimentscharacters available upon request.

Beans
2011-09-24, 10:54 AM
Tsiln wakes with a jerk, eyes wide and frightened. Her breath is quick and shallow and she's sheened in a cold sweat.

iElf
2011-09-25, 01:59 PM
Amber appears in the airlock again. she looks pretty exhausted and bruised , but happy

Beans
2011-09-25, 02:02 PM
Tsiln, looking sleep-deprived, brightens when she sees her.
Hello D---er, Amber.
How are you?

iElf
2011-09-25, 02:06 PM
Tsiln, looking sleep-deprived, brightens when she sees her.
Hello D---er, Amber.
How are you?

Amber smiles at her "hey" she staggers forward and slumps into he nearest chair "for being gone a while, fighting extra planar evil...I feel pretty good" she leans her head back, and sighs "and In need of a bath..."

Beans
2011-09-25, 02:08 PM
Tsiln will help her up.
I can help with that.
All I ask in return is some cuddles.

iElf
2011-09-25, 02:12 PM
Tsiln will help her up.
I can help with that.
All I ask in return is some cuddles.

Amber smiles "I can do that for you... thanks" she slowly gets up, her whole body aching "how are you anyway? anything interesting happened , while I was away? "

Beans
2011-09-25, 02:14 PM
I think a long time ago I saw something I wasn't supposed to and it got locked away but it's unlocked and I'm having flashbacks.
She helps her to her (Tsiln's) room and begins to run a bath.

iElf
2011-09-25, 02:23 PM
I think a long time ago I saw something I wasn't supposed to and it got locked away but it's unlocked and I'm having flashbacks.
She helps her to her (Tsiln's) room and begins to run a bath.

Amber sighs, slowly preparing for the bath. several pieces of light armour were under her top clothes "that's ...bad. I'm sorry to hear it, but there is nothing I can do to help. I'm not a mage, I'm a paladin. are the flashbacks unpleasant?"

Beans
2011-09-25, 02:28 PM
Just the latest one, where I open a door and...
Everything's strange and I can't describe it then.

But knowing about it is scary.

She also undresses.

iElf
2011-09-25, 02:33 PM
Just the latest one, where I open a door and...
Everything's strange and I can't describe it then.

But knowing about it is scary.

She also undresses.

Amber sighs , and gets in " well...i heard my version that lives here had the same problems... Maybe you could ask carrie what she did there..."

Beans
2011-09-25, 02:36 PM
Tsiln gets in and will help get her clean. Scrubby!
Okay...

Afterward, she'll help her dry off.

iElf
2011-09-25, 02:45 PM
Tsiln gets in and will help get her clean. Scrubby!
Okay...

Afterward, she'll help her dry off.

Amber grins at her "so...you said something about snuggles if i remember correctly. want to see if we can take your mind of things for the moment?"

Beans
2011-09-25, 02:48 PM
Tsiln nods and sits on the bed.
I'd be really grateful.

iElf
2011-09-25, 02:52 PM
Tsiln nods and sits on the bed.
I'd be really grateful.

Amber sits next to her, gently kissing her on the cheek. "I'm here to help...and I'd hate to see someone like you sad..." she whispers, while tenderly hugging the daemon

Beans
2011-09-25, 02:54 PM
Tsiln hugs her close and lays down on the bed.
Not really doing anything, just holding the elf gal.

iElf
2011-09-25, 02:58 PM
Tsiln hugs her close and lays down on the bed.
Not really doing anything, just holding the elf gal.

Amber holds her back, humming gently, a soothing melody, finally singing softly "hush now, quiet now...time to rest your gentle head..."

Beans
2011-09-25, 03:01 PM
Tsiln pulls the covers over them and settles down to sleep.

iElf
2011-09-25, 03:02 PM
Tsiln pulls the covers over them and settles down to sleep.

Amber settles down too, sleeping almost instantly

Beans
2011-09-25, 03:03 PM
She later wakes with a little jolt.

iElf
2011-09-25, 03:04 PM
She later wakes with a little jolt.

Amber stirs a little "mmmmhhh....tslin? you ok?"

Beans
2011-09-25, 03:06 PM
Yeah...
I had a dream but it wasn't as bad as others.

iElf
2011-09-25, 03:08 PM
Yeah...
I had a dream but it wasn't as bad as others.

the Elf leans up, and turns a bedside lamp on "...can you tell me...what was it about?"

Beans
2011-09-25, 03:10 PM
She snuggles closer.
It was the part where I was in the stairwell I'd never been in before and I just ran up because there was an emergency alarm.
I woke up before I hit the door...

iElf
2011-09-25, 03:14 PM
Amber hugs her tight "...and...what's behind the door? do you know that?...do you want to talk about it?"

Beans
2011-09-25, 03:16 PM
That door takes me to a hallway.
Where the... the bad door is...
She holds herself closer to Amber.
Don't want to talk about it...

iElf
2011-09-25, 03:21 PM
That door takes me to a hallway.
Where the... the bad door is...
She holds herself closer to Amber.
Don't want to talk about it...

Amber holds a hand to Tslins forehead , and whispers "embrace of courage" if the spell works on Tsilin, she may feel the grip of fear weakening on her

Beans
2011-09-25, 03:26 PM
Tsiln smiles.
Thank you.
She hugs her closer.
You're a good friend, Amber.

iElf
2011-09-25, 03:30 PM
Tsiln smiles.
Thank you.
She hugs her closer.
You're a good friend, Amber.

Amber smiles, and kisses her "...thank you...no one's ever said that to me..."

Beans
2011-09-25, 03:31 PM
She kisses back.
Well... now somebody has!
The daemon grins cheerily.

iElf
2011-09-25, 03:35 PM
She kisses back.
Well... now somebody has!
The daemon grins cheerily.

Amber hugs her close, looking tsilin deeply in the eyes, her hand slowly creeping towards the curtain

Beans
2011-09-25, 03:36 PM
Curtains can happen!
After which, the daemon girl will be sitting up in bed.
That was fun...
Do you like reading?

iElf
2011-09-25, 03:38 PM
Curtains can happen!
After which, the daemon girl will be sitting up in bed.
That was fun...
Do you like reading?

Amber is still laying down, on her belly, smiling, dozing a little "yeah...do you?"

Beans
2011-09-25, 03:43 PM
I love reading.
Especially about dinosaurs.

iElf
2011-09-25, 03:45 PM
I love reading.
Especially about dinosaurs.

Amber giggles "I have no idea what dinosaurs are...but they sound awesome..."

Beans
2011-09-25, 03:47 PM
She gets out a book.
I can read to you about them!

iElf
2011-09-25, 03:49 PM
She gets out a book.
I can read to you about them!

"mmmhhh...ok. but don't get too disappointed if I fall asleep...I'm tired "

Beans
2011-09-25, 03:52 PM
She shrugs and giggles and starts reading to her.
Dinosaurs are the boss.

iElf
2011-09-25, 03:55 PM
She shrugs and giggles and starts reading to her.
Dinosaurs are the boss.

Amber smiles, and will listen for as long as she can...after 20 minutes though, she starts snoring

Beans
2011-09-25, 04:01 PM
She smiles, then gets out of bed.

She throws on some pajama pants, a v-neck, and a light bedrobe and gathers up Amber's clothes; she'll put those in the wash, then go to Amber's room to get some of her clean clothes.

iElf
2011-09-25, 04:11 PM
She smiles, then gets out of bed.

She throws on some pajama pants, a v-neck, and a light bedrobe and gathers up Amber's clothes; she'll put those in the wash, then go to Amber's room to get some of her clean clothes.

Amber's room is pretty tidy apart from an unmade bed, the clothes are all neatly laid in their place in a chest of drawers, which has a small shrine to zelda on top of it.

Beans
2011-09-25, 04:17 PM
She'll get her a clean set of clothes and come back with them.

iElf
2011-09-25, 04:29 PM
She'll get her a clean set of clothes and come back with them.

Amber will still be fast asleep...she's been fighting a war out there, and has a right to sleep in^^

Beans
2011-09-25, 04:44 PM
She hangs up the clothes and gets back in for sleeps and dedtiemz soon.

Reinholdt
2011-09-26, 12:31 PM
Ultimate evil continues to wander the halls, wondering how long it will take for him to find either someone naive enough to screw around with, or someone brave enough to actually try to stop him.

The goblin whistles as he wanders. He's got a friendly enough demeanor at least. For now.

FireFox
2011-09-26, 03:36 PM
Matt and Kynegetis are sparring in the training room.

Moofin Bard
2011-09-26, 03:39 PM
Ari, who was actually going to the training room to train instead of just watch, heads into the training room and stops for a second to watch them spar.

FireFox
2011-09-26, 03:44 PM
Kynegetis is a young girl, about 17 years old, with dark red hair cut short like a boy. She looks a little like Angela, but has less curves. She moves swiftly, practically dancing around Matt. The angel is shirtless; purple gashes rip open on his chest and quickly heal shut as the girl slashes at him. Matt is weilding his bastard sword defensively, but he still can't stop Kyne from repeatedly hitting him.

Moofin Bard
2011-09-26, 03:50 PM
Watching the two of them spar, Ari feels a fire in her chest. It couldn't be any bit of jealousy so she would have to attribute it to her protective nature instead. With little thought, she raised her hand which was holding a plain and battered longsword and used it to parry the girl's next blow.

FireFox
2011-09-26, 03:54 PM
Matt is quite surprised to see Ari there, but Kynegetis just assumes that she wants to join the sparring. When her blow is parried, the girl steps to the side and quickly slices at Ari's leg.

Moofin Bard
2011-09-26, 04:00 PM
Ari, who is quick enough to see where the blade is heading but not nimble enough to get there in time, receives a shallow wound on her leg. However she does not stop. She grits her teeth, feinting at the girl's right then going in to hit her on the left.

FireFox
2011-09-26, 04:03 PM
The girl expertly parries Ari's strike at the last second. She would counterattack, but is forced to backflip away as Matt launches a bolt of plasma at her. Apparently the angel is not happy to see Ari hurt.

Moofin Bard
2011-09-26, 04:05 PM
Ari glares at Matt but says nothing. She also doesn't notice that the would on her leg is deeper than it first looked and is bleeding freely. She's still too focused on the fight.

FireFox
2011-09-26, 04:09 PM
Matt starts to circle around Kyne, but she ignores Ari to attack him. After all, Ari is clearly a novice swordswoman and hardly a threat at all, right?

Moofin Bard
2011-09-26, 04:12 PM
It seems that Ari realizes what the other girl means by this. She does not like that at all. Gritting her teeth even further (she might have to see a dentist after this) she attacks the girl from behind.

FireFox
2011-09-26, 04:18 PM
Kynegetis senses the attack coming. In a split second, she calculates the disadvantage to deflecting Ari's sword and positions herself so that it hits her in a nonvital area. Matt was expecting her to whirl around, so he is taken by surprise when the girl stabs him in the heart.

iElf
2011-09-26, 04:20 PM
Amber lounges a little in the pool room, drifting in the water, smiling to herself

Moofin Bard
2011-09-26, 04:22 PM
Oh no. This is not good at all. It seems as though hurting Matt has mad Ari very angry. She roars with rage and brings down the full might of her druidic power on the girl by holding her still (or trying to) with entangling roots and getting ready to throw wrath at her.

FireFox
2011-09-26, 04:26 PM
Matthew falls to the ground, lifeless.
Kyne's legs and one of her arms are caught up by the roots. With her free hand, she tries to cut away he binds so she has a chance of dodging.
And then Matt sits up, fully healed. I was not expecting that.

Moofin Bard
2011-09-26, 04:28 PM
Ari, hearing Matt's voice even when she thought he was dead, blinks and looks back at him. Her hands stop glowing with wrath. The roots around Kyne keep trying to tangle her more so she can't escape. Oh. That's a neat trick. She says it casually but it's obvious she's glad he's okay.

The Bushranger
2011-09-26, 04:30 PM
In the Room with All The Flas...bah, just call it the Monitor Room. :smalltongue:

In the monitor room, somebody watches the fight silently.

FireFox
2011-09-26, 04:32 PM
Yeah, fast regeneration. It takes a fair bit out of me though. Matt gets to his feet and hefts his sword.
The girl makes another futile attempt at cutting her way out of the roots, but is eventually bound tight. She sighs in frustration. Grr... Fine, I conceed.

Moofin Bard
2011-09-26, 04:34 PM
Ari crosses her arms and looks at Kyne with a fierceness Matt has hardly ever seen before. It's obvious now more than ever that she's changed. And just who are you?

FireFox
2011-09-26, 04:39 PM
The girl raises an eyebrow, completely unafraid. I am Kynegetis, Aspect of Angela the Huntress.
Matt tries to put a hand on Ari's injured leg and heal it with his paladin magic. She's my sister, Ari...

Moofin Bard
2011-09-26, 04:42 PM
Knowing that the girl is Matt's sister makes her feel slightly better but that never really stopped Matt before if Ari could recall. Grudgingly, the roots start to recede and Ari lets Matt heal her. I can't keep the number of siblings you have straight anymore. Also as not to be rude she says, I'm Ari, druidess.

FireFox
2011-09-26, 04:47 PM
When he's sure Ari is fine, Matt goes to heal the hole in his sister's back. Oddly enough, she never once made a sound of pain. The girl nods. Before she was a priestess of Lust, Angela was an assassin. When she was a Goddess, she took that part of her which enjoys killing and created me out of it. I am an Aspect, but still part of her.

Moofin Bard
2011-09-26, 04:49 PM
Ari has a hard time keeping these things straight but she does grimace at what Kyne says. How can anyone love killing? Then she walks off and deadtimes.

The Bushranger
2011-09-26, 04:50 PM
The figure in the video room sighs, and exits the room, heading down a hallway with head bowed, not watching where she's going.

FireFox
2011-09-26, 04:52 PM
The emotionless girl watches Ari walk off, then heads in the opposite direction. Because some people are monsters. At least I use my talents against my fellow monsters.
Matt sighs and looks back and forth between them. He chooses to hurry after Ari and gets caught up in her deadtime.

The Bushranger
2011-09-26, 05:22 PM
Patty pauses, then decides to head to Erin's room, to talk with her mother about how she feels!

After a little while, she exits, looking a bit happier than she did going in, and turns to wander the base, quite possibly encountering Kynegtis while doing so.

FireFox
2011-09-26, 05:26 PM
Kynegetis' tight leather top has a hole in the front and back from where Ari stabbed her. She seems a little annoyed, but will nod to Patty when she sees her.

The Bushranger
2011-09-26, 05:29 PM
Patty nods back, noticing the hole, but not commenting upon it. (Yet.)
"Hey. Looks like you had a rather...intense sparring session earlier," she says by way of breaking the ice.

FireFox
2011-09-26, 05:32 PM
I can dodge all my brother's blows and he can withstand all the little cuts I give him. We are equally matched. Kynegetis shrugs. Giving him a... partner should theoretically give him the advantage, but I know how to steal that advantage.

The Bushranger
2011-09-26, 05:33 PM
"How so? By making her angry and, thus, more prone to making mistakes?" Patty asks, genuinely curious.

FireFox
2011-09-26, 05:40 PM
She is an amateur swordfighter. Her mistakes are going to be unpredictable and more of a threat than Matthew's brutish attacks. Matthew knows I am fast enough to fight off two people on opposite sides of me. He assumed that I would parry Ari's attack and so was too slow to stop me from stabbing him instead. But my father wrote a whole book on strategy and one of the things I learned from it was how to deflect surrounding opponents' attacks at each other.
This... seriously may be the longes thing Kyne has ever said. It seems she enjoys discussing tactics.

The Bushranger
2011-09-26, 05:44 PM
"In other words, the world's best swordsman doesn't fear the world's second-best swordsman, but rather the world's worst swordsman, because he has no idea what they're going to do?" Patty chuckles and nods. "That makes sense. And...well, perhaps I should read that book myself at some point, it might be useful in the future for me."

FireFox
2011-09-26, 05:48 PM
That book was written when he was just a young druid with no ambitions. I believe you would be more interested in the books he writes about fighting deities. Kyne gives Patty a look like she knows the priestess is planning on killing Angela and taking over. But that's just crazy, right? :smalltongue:

The Bushranger
2011-09-26, 05:50 PM
It's all crazy talk!

"Well, perhaps those as well," Patty admits with a nod. "Considering the continuing Selenite threat, and all that. I had no idea he was such a prolific author, though."

Toby's just full of surprises!

FireFox
2011-09-26, 05:53 PM
Only a few were ever published and their circulation is restricted to the library at Vulpan Keep, where the officers read them like holy scripture.

The Bushranger
2011-09-26, 05:54 PM
"Understandable. Wouldn't want his enemies having an insight into his mind," Patty agrees - even as she gets a chill down her spine at the thought of a Deified Tobias. :smalltongue:

Moofin Bard
2011-09-26, 06:43 PM
Ari started running in a random direction but eventually stops in the middle of a hallway. She hits the wall but doesn't seem to make much of a dent.

FireFox
2011-09-26, 06:46 PM
Kyne shrugs. Just as suddenly as it appeared, her talkative mood vanishes.

Woah! What's wrong Ari? Matt tries to gently hold her so she doesn't run into anyy more walls.

Moofin Bard
2011-09-26, 06:48 PM
(she hit it with her hand. And sorry Beans this be for Matt and Ari.)

I do not know. She lets herself be held.

FireFox
2011-09-26, 06:51 PM
Well, it's okay now. You don't have to kill anyone else... Matt continues to hold her as long as she lets him.

Moofin Bard
2011-09-26, 06:57 PM
She seems to finally realize what he's doing and tries to struggle out of his grasp. That's not it at all.

FireFox
2011-09-26, 07:00 PM
Matt lets go of her and steps back. Then talk to me, Ari. Let me help you.

Moofin Bard
2011-09-26, 07:04 PM
Ari seems reluctant to say anything to him. She is silent for a while. Finally she talks. I would have hurt her without blinking. It would have been easy for me.

FireFox
2011-09-26, 07:07 PM
You've had a horrible year that forced you to become hard in order to survive it. Kynegetis is the same way. Heck, when I was raised in that resistance on an alternate Earth, I was the same way. It gets better with time. Now that you're safe, you don't need to be so hard. The angel frowns. He understands her situation, but doesn't quite understand how she feels about it.

Moofin Bard
2011-09-26, 07:10 PM
Ari sighs and looks away from him. I just wish causing violence didn't come so easy.

FireFox
2011-09-26, 07:14 PM
Matt starts to reach for her again, but stops himself. That's just how it is...

Moofin Bard
2011-09-26, 07:18 PM
Ari takes a deep breath and looks at Matt. Yes. I'm just going to have to deal with this. I can handle it. I'm stronger now.

FireFox
2011-09-26, 07:20 PM
Yes, you certainly are. Matt chuckles. I don't often see Kynegetis lose a sparring match.

Moofin Bard
2011-09-26, 07:24 PM
Even though Ari is smiling, it looks strained. She doesn't seem too upset though. Well you both cheat with your regenerating and I cheated with magic. It wasn't really fair.

FireFox
2011-09-26, 07:26 PM
Oh, she doesn't regenerate. She's just really really good. But yeah, we fight with all our powers, so that's the way we train.

Moofin Bard
2011-09-26, 07:28 PM
Well I guess I'm glad that you have them. She's referring to the fact that she's glad that he's not, you know, dead. That's just the way she says it.

FireFox
2011-09-26, 07:31 PM
The angel nods, then hesitates for several seconds before speaking again. So... Do you want to, uh, do something?

Moofin Bard
2011-09-26, 07:32 PM
Oh. Ari hesitates. What did you have in mind?

FireFox
2011-09-26, 07:35 PM
Erm... I'm not sure. Something relaxful? Matt winces at the awkwardness. Like... a movie? Or something?

Moofin Bard
2011-09-26, 07:39 PM
Ari also winces at the awkwardness of it all.
Um sure. That would be good.

FireFox
2011-09-26, 07:43 PM
The angel leads the way to the movie room, then starts worrying about what to watch. A romance would send the wrong message. Action and horror wouldn't be good right now. I... don't suppose you have any idea what you want to watch?

Moofin Bard
2011-09-26, 07:44 PM
The druidess follows him, trying not to feel awkward or out of place. Is there anything good I've missed while I was...away?

FireFox
2011-09-26, 07:51 PM
Matt eventually picks some recent comedy movie and sits down on a couch.

Moofin Bard
2011-09-26, 08:06 PM
Ari hesitates for a second before sitting next to Matt on the couch. She keeps looking between Matt and the movie, not knowing what to do.

FireFox
2011-09-26, 08:07 PM
Matt is careful to avoid touching Ari. He rests a hand on the couch between them. If she wants to make a move, great. If not... he understands and won't push.

Moofin Bard
2011-09-26, 08:10 PM
It's nearly half way through the movie when Ari decides to place her hand on the couch too, her fingers barely touching Matt's.

FireFox
2011-09-26, 08:14 PM
Feeling as nervous as he did when he first met Ari... No, that's not right. Three years ago Matt was young and arrogant. He knew he wanted her and he planned, as cunning as is father, how to charm her. He said the right lines and touched her with confidence. He even injured himself to trigger her maternal instincts. But now he is nervous, greatly more nervous than the first time, as he reaches out to take her hand. Matt believes that if he pushes too far too fast, he could lose her forever.

Moofin Bard
2011-09-26, 08:17 PM
Ari considers pulling away. She doesn't quite know if she's ready to start all this again. However she does let Matt hold her hand through the movie. She does laugh a couple times at the movie.

FireFox
2011-09-26, 08:18 PM
Although his mind is weighed down by many things, Matt allows himself to relax with Ari and enjoy the movie. He really doesn't have enough fun like this.

Moofin Bard
2011-09-26, 08:24 PM
This is also the first time Ari has really relaxed for a while. It's almost like the last few years didn't happen. Like she had never been a wife, a mother, a kidnapee, or a fighter. As the movie goes on, she keeps laughing more frequently.

FireFox
2011-09-26, 08:26 PM
Buoyed by her laughter and his enjoyment, the angel becomes a bit more confident and, by the end of the movie, tries to put an arm around the druidess' shoulders.

Moofin Bard
2011-09-26, 08:29 PM
As the angel puts his arm around her shoulders, Ari stiffens for a moment. Then after a moment of quiet contemplation, she relaxes.

FireFox
2011-09-26, 08:31 PM
Matt makes no further moves and just stays like that in peaceful companionship until the credits roll.

Moofin Bard
2011-09-26, 08:33 PM
When the movie ends, Ari stays sitting there. That was a good movie. She doesn't exactly know what else to say. She looks at Matt and gives him a small smile.

FireFox
2011-09-26, 08:35 PM
Yeah... Matt returns the smile, staying seated as well. He's in no hurry to leave. Once he steps out of this room his problems will come back. He can practically see the responsibilities and duties waiting for him.

Moofin Bard
2011-09-26, 08:39 PM
I'm not sure... She cuts off.
Matt can probably tell what she means.

FireFox
2011-09-26, 08:43 PM
Matt doesn't really know what she means. She's not sure doing anything more is a good idea?
Arielle... I know strategy and how to fight. I know my Goddess and I know my paladins. I know what is right and what is wrong. But when it comes to you, I'm not sure about anything. Well, I am sure of one thing... He chuckles, trying to make it sound like he's making a joke.

Moofin Bard
2011-09-26, 08:47 PM
Ari sighs. I don't know. I just want this time to be different. I want everything to work out, I do. I just don't know if it's possible. She just doesn't want anymore lust potions or amnesia or kidnappings or running away.

FireFox
2011-09-26, 08:49 PM
The angel sighs and tries to rest his head on the druidess' shoulder. We're never going to have a normal life.

Moofin Bard
2011-09-26, 08:53 PM
Ari sighs along with him and rests her head on his. Maybe not. Do you really want to try again?

FireFox
2011-09-26, 08:56 PM
I love you, Ari. I know I want to be with you forever. But... I'll understand if you... He trails off into silence.

Moofin Bard
2011-09-26, 08:58 PM
Ari looks at him with surprise in her eyes. She blinks a few times and stays silent for a moment. I didn't know you still felt that way. I...I have to think about this.

FireFox
2011-09-26, 09:01 PM
Matt chuckles and looks up at the ceiling. I waited a year for you, Ari. I can wait a bit longer.

The Bushranger
2011-09-26, 09:03 PM
Kyne shrugs. Just as suddenly as it appeared, her talkative mood vanishes.

Patty notices this, and decides a change of subject might be in order.
"Say, you wouldn't happen to be tired enough not to be up for another round of sparring, would you?" she asks, with a lopsided grin.

Moofin Bard
2011-09-26, 09:03 PM
Ari grimaces at the thought of the year that she's been away.
Thank you. I'll let you know.

FireFox
2011-09-26, 09:06 PM
You fight with a soulblade, do you not? That's not the best weapon for sparring, especially since I have a nonenchanted katana...

Matt pulls his arm back and smiles. Good night, Ari.

The Bushranger
2011-09-26, 09:07 PM
"As a rule, yes. But I wouldn't mind using a more conventional weapon," Patty says. "I...don't want to be necessarily dependant on my magic," she explains.

Erin, meanwhile, heads in the direction of the pool.

Moofin Bard
2011-09-26, 09:08 PM
She smiles back. Goodnight Matt. She then hesitates before giving him a quick kiss on the cheek. She rushes out of the movie room and to her own room.

FireFox
2011-09-26, 09:12 PM
Without your magic, you would not even be a challenging opponent. Kyne states it matter of factly. She isn't trying to offend. She doesn't even care about Patty enough to intentionally offend her.

Matt stupidly grins up at the ceiling and stays there in the dark room for awhile.

The Bushranger
2011-09-26, 09:13 PM
Patty draws up to her full height. She isn't offended - she takes it as a challenge.
"Oh? Would I now?" she asks, a grin playing across her lips.

---

Erin reaches the pool and slips into the changing room.
To change, of course.

FireFox
2011-09-26, 09:19 PM
Kyne blurs faster than the human eye can follow, trying to trip Patty to the floor and toss two knives on both sides of her neck. Patty may think she's really good, having killed a few deities, but the Aspect is incredibly fast.

The Bushranger
2011-09-26, 09:20 PM
Patty wasn't expecting that.
She's tripped!
Knives land either side of her neck!
...she does try to lift her legs to knock Kyne's legs out from under her, though...

FireFox
2011-09-26, 09:27 PM
Kynegetis' leg is kicked. Since she has a stable stance, she just looks down at the priestess. You need to find a trainer and practice until you become better than him or her. Then you need to find a better trainer and beat them too. And then you might be worthy enough for me to train you... when I'm not teaching elite commandos.
Harsh, but probably true. Patty should focus on improving her strengths instead of being well-rounded.

The Bushranger
2011-09-26, 09:30 PM
Kyne's grasp of strategy was enough to predict Patty's next move as well.
"Funny, I was just about to ask you to train me in the ways of the Jedi," she quips, looking rather impressed - and a bit shaken. "But I suppose you're right. I need to be stronger."
This last is more to herself, it seems, and possibly only partially related...

Erin, meanwhile, emerges from the changing rooms in a white bikini, and slips into the pool.

FireFox
2011-09-26, 09:33 PM
The girl crosses her arms and waits for Patty to sit up so she can take her knives back. You know how to get more power. Just go slut it up.
Obviously, she doesn't approve of her other, more popular half.

The Bushranger
2011-09-26, 09:35 PM
Patty sits up, and scowls a bit at Kyne, but there's no real heat behind it...
"I shall, then. And the next time we battle we shall see if you take me down so quickly," she promises, standing - and giving Kyne a deep, respectful bow.

FireFox
2011-09-26, 09:38 PM
Kyne bends down to pick up her knives and disappears them into some concealed sheath. Just remember, Patricia: you are not my priestess. I bear no love for you.

The Bushranger
2011-09-26, 09:43 PM
"Nor do I ask for it," Patty tells the Aspect, straightening up. "I am not your priestess. But I would not be adverse to being your friend," she states. "Even if our friendship were to consist only of our occasional sparring matches."

FireFox
2011-09-26, 09:47 PM
No. Kyne must have used most of her montly word quota, because she is now simply laconic. The girl turns around and walks away.

The Bushranger
2011-09-26, 09:53 PM
Patty watches Kyne go, then sighs, shoulders slumping, and heads in the direction of her quarters.

Beans
2011-09-26, 10:06 PM
One one hand: Want to RP somebody trying to cheer Patty up.
On other hand: BEDTIEM.

Solution:

Patty may see something taped to her door.

It's a note.
Patty,

It's nice being a fellow priestess of Angela with you. You're really nice and very pretty and this blue pen is running out of ink hold on
I found a green highlighter. I found this note left unattended, so I guess I'll go with what I see.
Patty, you're the older sister I never had and always needed. You stuck with me through some pretty nasty times and I owe you a lot.
I have another blue pen and Carrie wrote on my letter without telling me.

Anyway, I wondered if you were okay these past few days, and I heard that chocolate is popular here and I found some and here it is.

There's several foil-wrapped chocolate hearts taped to the note. Carrie has helpfully added...

PATTY DON'T EAT THESE THEY'RE OLD AND TSILN DOESN'T KNOW ANY BETTER

G'night.

The Bushranger
2011-09-26, 10:10 PM
Patty can't help but giggle a little at the note, and reading it brings a smile to the priestess' face, and a blush as well.
Feeling a bit better, she retrieves the chocolates, and slips into her room to play with Brian.

Quinsar
2011-09-26, 10:14 PM
Cruik is around, smiling.

Coria is watching TV.

Amanda is with Lisa in the kitchen.

The Bushranger
2011-09-26, 10:16 PM
Erin is possibly still in the pool. Or back in the pool. One can never tell. :smallamused::smallwink::smalltongue:

Quinsar
2011-09-26, 10:24 PM
Amanda could see Erin. If so she'd wave to her.

The Bushranger
2011-09-26, 10:33 PM
Erin, in a white bikini, waves back at Amanda with a smile!

Quinsar
2011-09-26, 10:34 PM
Hi Erin.
How've you been?
She looks a lot more confident than the last time they met.

The Bushranger
2011-09-26, 10:42 PM
"I'm doing pretty good." Erin smiles happily. "And you're looking well!"

Quinsar
2011-09-26, 10:44 PM
Thanks!
It's been a while, what's new with you, Erin?

The Bushranger
2011-09-26, 10:46 PM
"Well, nothing much really, to be honest."
Erin shrugs.
"Same old same old..."

Quinsar
2011-09-26, 10:47 PM
Yeah.
She sits by the edge of the pool.
I have a daughter now.

The Bushranger
2011-09-26, 10:48 PM
"Oh? Congratulations!" Erin gives Amanda a bright smile!

Quinsar
2011-09-26, 10:50 PM
Yeah.
Amanda smile bac, but there's something off about it... False.
She's a really good kid, learning how to be a druid, like her mother.

The Bushranger
2011-09-26, 10:51 PM
Erin pulls herself out of the pool to sit next to Amanda.
"Oh, I'm sure...but how has life been for you otherwise?"

Quinsar
2011-09-26, 10:53 PM
Pretty good.
My ex wife and mothe rof my child is just gone now and my girlfriend left me ot go after my mom...
But it could be worse, yeah...

Moofin Bard
2011-09-26, 10:54 PM
Cruik might find Jezzie...gasp!...in the library. She's looking through a big old dusty book with lots of small print.

The Bushranger
2011-09-26, 10:57 PM
"...oh..."
Erin turns and tries to give Amanda a hug!

===

Patty, Dani, BR are all available if desired.

Moofin Bard
2011-09-26, 10:59 PM
Ari undeadtimes from her room and goes to find Patty.

Quinsar
2011-09-26, 10:59 PM
He'll walk in and try and hug her.

Amanda looks up and hugs her back.
What's the matter?

Moofin Bard
2011-09-26, 11:02 PM
Jezzie, who has finally grown used to Cruik attack hugging her without warning, does not attack him. Hi love. I'm working.

Quinsar
2011-09-26, 11:04 PM
Oh yeah?
What on?

Moofin Bard
2011-09-26, 11:06 PM
She turns a page and sneezes at the dust.
Trying to memorize this law book.

The Bushranger
2011-09-26, 11:07 PM
A DRD chitters at Ari, informing her that Patty can be found in her quarters!

===

"I'm sorry," Erin says softly. "I...kinda know what that's like..."

Moofin Bard
2011-09-26, 11:16 PM
Ari goes to Patty's quarters and knocks on her door.

The Bushranger
2011-09-26, 11:18 PM
A moment after the knock, the door opens, and Patty's there.
With a surpised look on her face as she recognises Ari.
"Oh. Um, hey..."

Quinsar
2011-09-26, 11:22 PM
Oh sweetie, you don't have to.

Yeah, but it could always be worse.

Moofin Bard
2011-09-26, 11:22 PM
Ari comes in without asking.
Hey can I talk to you about something?

------------

But I have to so I can be your lawyer.

The Bushranger
2011-09-26, 11:24 PM
"Yes, but it could and should be better," Erin insists.

---

Patty steps back to let Ari in. And nods.
"Of course you can...Ari," she says, catching herself before saying something else.

Quinsar
2011-09-26, 11:25 PM
Thank you.

I guess, yeah.

Moofin Bard
2011-09-26, 11:28 PM
Unfortunately Moofin has to deadtime and will continue this all tomorrow.

The Bushranger
2011-09-26, 11:33 PM
Patty gets stuck in a sympathetic deadtime ooze!

==

Erin just smiles and hugs Amanda again before letting go.

Quinsar
2011-09-26, 11:37 PM
Wanna go swimming?

The Bushranger
2011-09-26, 11:43 PM
"Sure!"
Erin grins, and slips back into the pool!

Quinsar
2011-09-26, 11:46 PM
I'll go change.
SHe grins, stands, and heads to the changing room!

The Bushranger
2011-09-27, 12:08 AM
Erin grins, and stretches out atop the water to wait!

Quinsar
2011-09-27, 12:08 AM
Amanda comes out in a nice purple two piece.
She giggles and dives into the water.

The Bushranger
2011-09-27, 12:18 AM
Likely a bit more modest than Erin's. :smalltongue:
Erin grins, and tries to splash Amanda as she surfaces!

Quinsar
2011-09-27, 12:23 AM
Of course.
Amanda laughs and splashes back at Erin.

The Bushranger
2011-09-27, 12:26 AM
Erin is splashed! And, grinning, dives under the water, to try and dunk Amanda.

Quinsar
2011-09-27, 12:30 AM
Amanda is dunked, letting out a little squeal.

The Bushranger
2011-09-27, 12:35 AM
Erin giggles and blows bubbles at Amanda's face before letting go!

Quinsar
2011-09-27, 12:39 AM
She grins and will resurface giggling.
She's still not the best swimmer and it kind of shows in the choppiness of her movements.
She dives back under tries to grab Erin.

The Bushranger
2011-09-27, 12:41 AM
Erin allows herself to be grabbed! Curious what Amanda will do now that she's caught her. :smalltongue:

Quinsar
2011-09-27, 12:52 AM
Amanda grins and will try to crocodile roll Erin.

The Bushranger
2011-09-27, 12:54 AM
Erin is rolled!
Giggling madly!

Quinsar
2011-09-27, 12:54 AM
Amanda giggles, rolls, and will eventually let go to surface.

The Bushranger
2011-09-27, 12:58 AM
Erin surfaces as well, grinning ear to ear.

No doubt play continues, but her player really should sleep. 'Night!

Quinsar
2011-09-27, 01:03 AM
Night BR!:smallbiggrin:

iElf
2011-09-27, 04:18 PM
Amber is in the kitchen, munching on a sandwich

Quinsar
2011-09-27, 05:52 PM
My characters are aound.

Amanda might still be in the pool.

Moofin Bard
2011-09-27, 05:54 PM
Jezzie undeadtimes and says to Cruik:
I still have a lot to read but there are some good defenses in here.

The Bushranger
2011-09-27, 05:55 PM
Patty potentailly undeadtimes for her conversation with Ari.

Quinsar
2011-09-27, 05:55 PM
Oh, are there?
You can take a break if you want, we could go for dinner...

Moofin Bard
2011-09-27, 05:59 PM
It sort of all comes out in a gush. So even though I'm all Post Traumatic Stress Disorder and I have no idea what to do with myself anymore, I'm pretty sure some time soon that Matt and I are going to try dating again because we still love each other you see. And I wanted to make sure you wouldn't be hurt by that or anything.

------------

Jezzie shakes her head.
No I wont stop until I know all there is to know.

Lady Serpentine
2011-09-27, 06:00 PM
I believe Adrin was investigating some sort of disappearance in the library?

He'd just poked at the sword on the table with a very chaotic weapon.

Quinsar
2011-09-27, 06:02 PM
The sword glows for a moment but does nothing.

Well can I get you something to eat, sweetie?

The Bushranger
2011-09-27, 06:04 PM
[Patty's Room]

Patty's eyes widen a bit, and her cheeks flush noticably.
She quickly swallows though and nods...
"I...that's...that's alright with me," she says, a little quickly as well. "If you two are happy, that's great, it won't hurt."

A skilled ear will be able to tell she's lying, of course...

Lady Serpentine
2011-09-27, 06:04 PM
Did the magic-detection he was using (I don't think he stopped using Logrus-sight, anyway.) reveal anything more about the nature of the blade when it glowed?

Moofin Bard
2011-09-27, 06:07 PM
Jezzie looks back at him and smiles.
That would be great thanks.

-----------------

Ari, even though gone for a year, is still almost as naive as ever. Especially when it comes to relationships. Oh thank you. You're the best friend I could ask for. She hugs her.

The Bushranger
2011-09-27, 06:09 PM
Patty can't help but smile, and hugs Ari back tightly. Properly tightly, though.
"You're pretty awesome yourself..." she whispers, holding back the words she truly wants to say, not wanting to scare the other girl off again.

Quinsar
2011-09-27, 06:12 PM
It did not, but there's another life form in the room

Cruik leaves then comes back with a box of chinese.

Lady Serpentine
2011-09-27, 06:14 PM
Adrin moves to approach it, but cautiously.

Reinholdt
2011-09-27, 06:16 PM
Calublufiok wanders through the pace, occasionally stopping and placing small circular devices in different locations. Above a couch, at an intersection, in a corner. They aren't all that hidden. He could run into anyone along the way though.

The Bushranger
2011-09-27, 06:28 PM
The DRDs, following Cal at a discreet distance, start shooting the devices with their lasers.

Reinholdt
2011-09-27, 06:35 PM
*looks up what the heck DRDs even are*
Diagnostic Repair Drones from Farscape.
Shooting lasers. :smallconfused:

Yeah ok. Sure.

When a device is shot, a large amount of purple gas starts flooding the immediate area.

The Bushranger
2011-09-27, 06:45 PM
BR's modified their cutting tools. :smallamused:

They start screeching and turn the ventilation system to 'Emergency', venting the gas into the surrounding sea!

And possibly soaking one bowler-hatted goblin when a nearby airlock 'accidentally' opens.

Reinholdt
2011-09-27, 06:47 PM
Alas, Cal's already moved on to the next room, putting down another one! How rude of him to not stick around and watch the DRD's escapades.

The Bushranger
2011-09-27, 06:55 PM
Which is why the airlock in that room, was the one that opened. :smallwink:

Reinholdt
2011-09-27, 06:59 PM
*GASP*
Sudden force!
Not... moving Cal at all. He's suddenly chrome colored though. It's an interesting look.

He does wonder why they have an airlock in the kitchen however. It seems very odd. :smallconfused:

He sticks a device in a cupboard before heading for the exit. He came here hoping to find heroes. He feels sorely disappointed.

The Bushranger
2011-09-27, 07:06 PM
He declined to fight when presented with one.

DRDs continue zapping all the devices!

Reinholdt
2011-09-27, 07:07 PM
Ummm... no. No he didn't. He accepted the one offer and the other guy renigged. :yuk:

Doesn't matter. Cal's gone, devices destroyed, gas with nifty curse sucked up. Go back to your pool party.

Beans
2011-09-27, 07:23 PM
Pesty had set out with a pack and her sabre two days ago. She said she'd fight some demons like her husband did all the time.
Unfortunately, she failed to take into account that just because you're married to someone doesn't mean you can do their job.

The shuttle comes to the main airlock.
A slightly wet thump sounds against the door.

The Bushranger
2011-09-27, 07:56 PM
Entirely possible they missed some of the devices. :smalltongue:

The DRDs open the airlock.

Beans
2011-09-27, 08:02 PM
Pesty is there. Well, a large percentage of her. She seems to have misplaced her left leg, her right eye, most of the skin on her right arm...

She drags herself into the main hall with the four mechanical tentacles that emerge from her back, ruddy and sticky with the same blood that makes her hair claggy and dull.
She doesn't make a sound.

I dunno about parties, but there sure are a few pools of blood here.

The Bushranger
2011-09-27, 08:25 PM
Pesty just might be found by a plotcloned Dani.

Who shrieks and rushes to her friend the moment she spots her!

Beans
2011-09-27, 08:27 PM
Pesty just keeps crawling forward.
Couldn' do it.
C-couldn' do it...

The Bushranger
2011-09-27, 08:37 PM
Dani does her best to call on her clerical magic and starts spamming healing spells!
"Oh, gods, Pesty, what happened?!"

Beans
2011-09-27, 08:39 PM
Thought I could do... w' Gran' does.

Couldn'.
Wounds begin to close up, but she needs some medical care.

Mee
2011-09-27, 08:52 PM
After a while of ZOMGHOMEWORKIDUNWANNARP induced deadtime, Ori's finally around again.

So, dusting herself off, she heads off towards the library, and could be run into by most anyone.

Until I deadtime in 8 minutes.
Whoop.

Moofin Bard
2011-09-27, 08:52 PM
Jezzie gives Cruik a quick hug and starts devouring the Chinese as though she hasn't eaten for a while....seems she's been working a lot lately.

---------------

Ari lets go and steps back.
Things might finally be getting back to normal soon.

Viera Champion
2011-09-27, 08:54 PM
Genkia writes. She's getting really intensely into it.

The Bushranger
2011-09-27, 08:55 PM
[Patty's Room]

"I hope so," Patty says with a nod, genuine hope in her eyes.

===

[Somewhere]

Dani swallows hard, and summons some DRDs to help her move Pesty to the Infirmary!

===

[Somewhere Else]

Ori, or Kwen, or anybody else might bump into Erin, who's returning from the pool, still in her swimsuit.

Mee
2011-09-27, 08:57 PM
[Somewhere Else]

Ori, or Kwen, or anybody else might bump into Erin, who's returning from the pool, still in her swimsuit.

Kwen . . .
Is not around.
She'll be back eventually: promise.

Just not yet.

But Ori could run into her, sure.
"Oh, m'sorry."
She says, after litterally running into Erin.

Beans
2011-09-27, 09:00 PM
Pesty has never been heavy, and with bits hacked off and blood lost she's not any heavier.
She is moved to the infirmary and probably put on a bunch of medical... things.

Moofin Bard
2011-09-27, 09:03 PM
Ari genuinely smiles back and gets up to leave.
Well anyway I better go. I have some thinking to do.

The Bushranger
2011-09-27, 09:08 PM
"Alright. And...don't be a stranger, alright?" Patty says hopefully.

===

Dani does indeed hook Pesty up to all the necessary medical things that she can find!

===

Yay Kwen! ^_^

Erin bounces off Ori.
Then off the wall!
...bouncily.
"Oh, no, I'm sorry, I should have been watching where I was going," she says apologetically.

Moofin Bard
2011-09-27, 09:11 PM
Alright. She waves and starts wandering through the halls.

FireFox
2011-09-27, 09:11 PM
Kyne is pacing around, apparently practicing her Goswell Scowl on the walls and carpet.

Beans
2011-09-27, 09:13 PM
Pesty dozes off, thank the gods.

Eventually she cracks her eye open, squinting.

Moofin Bard
2011-09-27, 09:15 PM
Ari walks past her and scowls back at her.
Do you have any other facial expression?

FireFox
2011-09-27, 09:17 PM
Sometimes I frown disapprovingly. Kynegetis carefully watches Ari's stance and body language to determine if she's going to attack or if she's just making some joke.

Moofin Bard
2011-09-27, 09:23 PM
Oh well that's such a refreshing change. Ari doesn't seem to be standing threateningly. She just doesn't seem to be in a good mood anymore and doesn't seem to like Kyne.

The Bushranger
2011-09-27, 09:23 PM
Patty waves back, and sighs, stretching out on her bed.

===

Dani's sitting right next to Pesty, watching her hopefully!

Beans
2011-09-27, 09:26 PM
Hi Dani.
W's hap'ning?

FireFox
2011-09-27, 09:26 PM
Well I'm so sorry, but I just don't have much to be happy about. Kyne breaks eye contact, looking at the floor and crossing her arms while her shoulders hunch defensively.

Moofin Bard
2011-09-27, 09:30 PM
Ari wants to be angry with her and not like her but something in Kyne's stance is pulling at her heartstrings. At least that hasn't changed. What's wrong? She sounds generally concerned.

FireFox
2011-09-27, 09:35 PM
Nothing is wrong. I go out, train some powerful killers, hunt down a few bad guys, maybe hang out with my father a bit... Don't get me wrong, I have fun doing that, but... I just don't have much reason to be happy. Hopefully Ari can tell that Kyne will react violently if she thinks Ari is pitying her.

Moofin Bard
2011-09-27, 09:36 PM
(Someone needs to make the new thread. Not it.)

Ari sighs and shrugs. Whatever. You don't want to talk to me that's fine. It's your problems anyway.

The Bushranger
2011-09-27, 09:39 PM
[Infirmary]

"You came in all...all torn up," Dani says, hurrying from her chair to Pesty's bedside.

Beans
2011-09-27, 09:43 PM
(Not it either. I made this one and a bajillion recent ones.)

[Inf]
Pesty sighs.
Guess I did, didn't I?
I should've... not been so dumb.

FireFox
2011-09-27, 09:44 PM
Look, I just... Kyne sighs. My mom said I need to do more... girly things. Or less killy things.

Moofin Bard
2011-09-27, 09:46 PM
Right so which one is your mom again? Ori? Someone else? I can never quite keep track. She says this bitingly.