PDA

View Full Version : Centaurs

Metahuman1
2011-09-05, 03:31 PM
Curious about them as of late. I tried to play one, once, back when I was Inexperienced enough to think Fighter was a viable class.

So, I'm actually looking for two things here to help deal with the curiosity.

First: Story's regarding them as PC's/NPC's that you've either played or had in your group.

and Second: Links too any homebrew fixes that make them more playable if anyone has such a thing.

TroubleBrewing
2011-09-05, 03:35 PM
Warhulking Hurler, I'm sure you've heard. :smalltongue:

Flickerdart
2011-09-05, 03:35 PM
Bariaurs in MotP have only +2 LA, so you could use those instead.

Metahuman1
2011-09-05, 04:28 PM
Bariaurs in MotP have only +2 LA, so you could use those instead.

Motp? What is that an abbreviation for?

Flickerdart
2011-09-05, 04:29 PM
Motp? What is that an abbreviation for?
Manual of the Planes. 3.0 book, I think, but there's an update for it in the errata.

Timeless Error
2011-09-05, 04:33 PM
Homebrew fixes? Oslecamo's centaur monster class (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7987339&postcount=91) makes them a fair bit more viable as characters.

Runestar
2011-09-05, 06:32 PM
They seem fairly viable as is. For ECL6, you get monstrous humanoid HD (which is as good as fighter lvs) and excellent stat bonuses. You automatically qualify for mounted feats without having to meet the requirements (as stated in races of faerun), so your centaur can take spirited charge without needing mounted combat.

Right off the bat at ECL6, you can wield a lance and charge for x3 damage (including spirited charge, assuming 22str and a +1 large lance, that's 6d6+30 or 51 damage average). Not quite enough to 1-shot foes at your level, but a good alpha strike.

With 2 more lvs in fighter, you can stack leap attack and shock trooper on top of everything since you are technically your own mount, so you would make a devastating charger.:smallbiggrin: