PDA

View Full Version : Raven Singer-For Bards With The Tome Of Battle

skycycle blues
2011-09-05, 03:47 PM
The ultimate blend of arcana, music and the sublime way, The Raven Singer stands up as a fine diplomatic party leader, but when conflict rears it's head, he is always capable of lending support in battle, through his many areas of expertise.

Basically, this should be able to serve as a fun, skill monkey, party face, that can do a whole lot of support in combat, while also on occasion being able to kick some ass.

Raven Singer

Requirements:
Alignment:Neutral Good or Chaotic Good.
Skills: Perform (sing) 6, Diplomacy 8, Sense Motive 5
Base Attack Bonus: +4
Maneuvers:At least two White Raven Maneuvers, one of which must be at least 2nd level
Stances: At least one White Raven Stance
Special: Bardic Music

Class features:

HP d10, 6 + Int skill points
Class Skills: Balance, Bluff, Concentration, Craft, Decipher Script, Diplomacy, Intimidate, Disguise, Gather Information, Hide,Knowledge (all skills, taken individually), Listen, Martial Lore, Move Silently, Perform, Profession, Sense Motive, Speak Language, Spellcraft, Use Magic Device.

{table=head] Level | BAB | Fort | Ref | Will | Fun Stuff | Maneuvers Known | Maneuvers Readied |Stances Known | Spell Casting
1st | +1 | +0 | +2 | +2 | Bardic Music, Bardic Knowledge, Raven Strike (1/day)| 1 | 0 | 0 | +1 level of arcane casting class
2nd | +2 | +0 | +3 | +3 | Raven Unsung | 0 | 0 | 1 | +1 level of arcane casting class
3rd | +3 | +1 | +3 | +3 | Raven Strike (2/day) | 1 | 1 | 0 | +1 level of arcane casting class
4th | +4 | +1 | +4 | +4 | Uncanny Dodge | 0 | 0 | 1 | +1 level of arcane casting class
5th | +5 | +1 | +4 | +4 | Raven Strike (3/day) | 1 | 0 | 0 | +1 level of arcane casting class [/table]

Bardic Music- Levels of Raven Singer stack with levels of Bard to determine uses and amount per day of Bardic Music.
Bardic Knowledge- Raven Singer levels are added to all Bardic Knowledge checks
Spell Casting- At each level, gain spells per day and spells known as if having gained one level in a prior arcane casting class.
Maneuvers- At every odd level, a Raven Singer gains a single known maneuver. This maneuver must be from the White Raven discipline. At level 3, a Raven Singer may ready one additional maneuver.
Stances- At level 2 and 4, a Raven Singer learns an additional stance from the White Raven discipline.
Raven Strike- At first level, a Raven Singer learns how to blend their songs and strikes in such a way that they may initiate a maneuver while performing a song. Once per day, a Raven Singer may either initiate a maneuver from the White Raven Discipline and begin a Bardic Music effect as a full-round action, or initiate a White Raven maneuver while concentrating on performing Bardic Music without having to lose concentration. In either instance, the maneuver initiated must be a standard action, swift action or immediate action. At level 3 and 5, a Raven Singer gains one additional use of this ability per day.
Raven Unsung- At level 2, a Raven Singer may make an additional use of the Raven Strike per day, however each use beyond that of what is allowed by her Raven Singer level costs two uses of Bardic Music per day.
Uncanny Dodge- As the Rogue ability. If a Raven Song already has Uncanny Dodge in virtue of another class, they instead gain Improved Uncanny Dodge.

Morph Bark
2011-09-05, 04:14 PM
I'd give it an additional ability at level 4, like them being able to expend 2 Bardic Music attempts to gain an extra use of Raven Strike if they have already expended all daily Raven Strike uses.

If you do this you could perhaps also add the ability at level 2 to expend two uses of Bardic Music to enable them to initiate a maneuver not from White Raven (maybe from a limited list, like Devoted Spirit, Diamond Mind and Shadow Hand, but with a limited list I'd make the cost only one Bardic Music).

skycycle blues
2011-09-05, 05:09 PM
I added the Bardic Music spending ability. It seems like a pretty cool idea.

I also added Uncanny Dodge, increased the BAB and HD to give more incentive to Warblades. I don't think that will too much to make it much more powerful.

Morph Bark
2011-09-05, 05:22 PM
I'd lower the Fort save, otherwise the basic class frame would be quite strong (d10, 6 skill points, full BAB, two good saves). You could lower the Will save instead, but since this is more Bard-y I figure you'd want to go for that. :smallsmile:

skycycle blues
2011-09-05, 05:40 PM
I'd lower the Fort save, otherwise the basic class frame would be quite strong (d10, 6 skill points, full BAB, two good saves). You could lower the Will save instead, but since this is more Bard-y I figure you'd want to go for that. :smallsmile:

Seems reasonable. I think I'll do that, and raise the Reflex save.

skycycle blues
2011-09-06, 10:16 AM
So does this seem fine?