PDA

View Full Version : The Dungeon Masters (2008)

Balor01
2011-09-06, 02:44 AM
Hey roleplaying guys and girls,

I saw this http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0988086/ movie yesterday and well ... I would really like your opinion on it.

IMO, this is the core of most gamers, but I wont say anything else at this point.

If this thing was already discussed in some other thread, I'd appreciate a link to it.

Toofey
2011-09-06, 10:29 AM
Looks pretty good, I'll check it out when I have time to kill.

Balor01
2011-09-06, 11:02 AM
Ok guys and (cat)girls ... I asked about this flick in my first post when I saw like 1/2 hour of it. I just finished it today and ... its the most depressing horrid gloomy piece of grimdark I saw for a long time.
When I saw the first part I said, "yeah I know lots of gamers being hopelessly single and with impared social skills ..." but the last hour was like ... a foundation for a really grimdark campaign.

Holy Gygax.

NikitaDarkstar
2011-09-06, 11:34 AM
Hmm I might check it out when I got the time... but shouldn't this be in the media discussion?

Kilmrak
2011-09-06, 11:42 AM
I just finished watching it and I have to agree with the OP, this is a rather depressing film almost like a cautionary tale to all gamer's.

Laura Eternata
2011-09-06, 11:56 AM
Ok guys and (cat)girls ... I asked about this flick in my first post when I saw like 1/2 hour of it. I just finished it today and ... its the most depressing horrid gloomy piece of grimdark I saw for a long time.
When I saw the first part I said, "yeah I know lots of gamers being hopelessly single and with impared social skills ..." but the last hour was like ... a foundation for a really grimdark campaign.

Holy Gygax.

But was it a GOOD depressing, horrid, gloomy piece of grimdark? I mean, that's pretty much how I'd describe Requiem for a Dream, which I very much enjoyed.