PDA

View Full Version : Help needed: Charactercreation-Campaign-Issues

Krazzman
2011-09-06, 04:00 AM
Hello again,

I myself think it's starting to go on somes nerves since it goes on mine as well...but I've met another problem.

As stated in earlier Threads/Posts I'm going to play as a player in a Eberron (Pathfinder Characters) round. But somehow the DM is a bit weird about this campaign. We will start at level 0. And are all living in a small village. Totally Isolated from the outside(since most players don't know Eberron as good as Faerun in our Group). And have to actually do things to qualify for the classes we want to take. For example the Wizard has to study much to qualify for the Class etc.

As I wanted to play a Paladin of the Silver Flame (PF Classes in Eberron world) I start to wonder if that would still be useful because: Martial Study? Not so much probably. Religious Study? Not so much either, cause the only Priest is a stone old human cleric (maybe level 1) of the silver flame...

Additionally whenever we kill, be it a smite evil or something in self defense, if I got him right, this would be an Evil Action.

Now I'm more psyched to play something that's not so... yeah alignment bound and thought about a Bard, maybe going Dragon Disciple OR Sorcerer this way. (Cause I ever wanted to play one). Or going into the typical Adventurer Class(the rogue) or a multiclass combo, with a load of skills (or shortly said, I want to try to be the skillmonkey).

I thought about a Human or Halfling Rogue to fight with a Rapier (Weapon Finesse + Dancing Dervish?) and dumping Str. Another thing I would try was an artificer (but we are going to have it be the eberronic version not the updated one).

We will vote for Point-Buy or 4d6 drop lowest while one Player and me are for Point-Buy and the DM at the moment for 4d6 drop lowest. (The opinion of the other 2 players is not clear atm)

If there is already homebrew for eberronic races (Changeling/Warforged/Shifter) please link it here so I can show it to my DM.

tl;dr:

Help me build one of these classes in Eberron with Pathfinder classes. With Point-Buy or 4d6 drop lowest.
1.) Dragon Disciple from Bard or Sorceror.
2.) Bard full progression? (skill monkey-ish[umd])
3.) Rogue full progression? (skill monkey-ish[umd], maybe nonlethal sneak?)
4.) Rogue/Bard multiclass? (skill monkey-ish[umd])
5.) Eberronic Artificer

I hope you can (again) help me with that.

Have a nice day, Krazzman.

Krazzman
2011-09-06, 10:55 AM
Ok, maybe I was not specific enough. Ok I refrain from the urge to play a paladin and instead thought about playing a skillmonkey/castergishthingy.

So I stuck on 3 Ideas: Rogue, Bard/Sorcerer going Dragon Disciple(or simply going Rogue), Or an Artificer.

The Problem I have is: The Guides to the Rogue and Bard aren't updated with the UC yet. Therefore I would appreciate your help.

Have a nice Day,
Krazzman

DemonRoach
2011-09-06, 10:58 AM
We will start at level 0.

Sorry, I can't get past this line.

This screams get the hell away from it, let alone the other problems with the DM, no game is better than a bad one.

Not helpful I know, but it's all i've got :smallfrown:

Krazzman
2011-09-06, 11:04 AM
Oh, no he wanted to play an introduction to flavour it up, since we all start in the same little village. Thats ok, but I dislike the Alignment section, so I'm switching to the more Alignment confortable classes.

This is only stating we will do the first session in Character Introduction.

But thanks for the Reply.

Habe a nice Day,
Krazzman

Madcrafter
2011-09-06, 06:30 PM
Alignment in Eberron is supposed to be a very grey area, since it is designed to be a more magipunk, gritty sort of world. It is in fact part of #2 of the 10 things you need to know about Eberron in the beginning of the ECS. So your paladin would have no problem killing things, and could even do so with very tenuous moral justification without suffering a fall, and possibly without any notice from the church. He would probably have gotten his martial and religious training at one of the seminaries in Thrane, after being scouted out/feeling the call at a potentially young age. So in the sense that your DM wants you to start as villagers, its probably a good idea you chose not to be a paladin from a fluff standpoint.

Artificer might have the same "Why on earth would you be in this town?" vibe to it, depending on how small a place it is. In a large city, that won't be the case.
Edit: Saw the OP stated you started in some tiny backwater village. You'd be very hard pressed to find an artificer there (at least one that wasn't adventuring, which you seem unlikely to be doing before your level 0 start)

As for actually helping you with your class choices (besides an artificer), I don't think I can be of much help, being much less familiar with pathfinder. Any Eberron questions I can probably answer though.