PDA

View Full Version : Quick brainstorm for a fighter

ILM
2011-09-06, 11:15 AM
I'm building a hopefully-recurring NPC for a campaign, a junior sergeant in the city guard. She's basically a Fighter, human, level 6-ish (but it might be useful to map her out to 10 just in case). I'd like her to fight with a greatsword, but to fight "smart" I guess - as opposed to Power Attack Shock Trooper Leap Attack Valorous etc. Unfortunately, the Greatsword has no edge when tripping or anything else, so I'm wondering how I can implement some tactical-ish fighting. AoO optimization is going to be tough since her Dex won't go anywhere higher than 14 (plus, breastplate anyway). I'm not set on pure fighter but not sure if any of the ToB classes and maneuvers would really capture the feel here.

Ideas? :smallsmile:

Keld Denar
2011-09-06, 11:27 AM
Knockdown would allow you to utilize the greatsword for tripping purposes. You could PA for enough that her minimum damage would be 10, thus ensuring that all hits would result in potential trips.

Runestar
2011-09-07, 10:19 PM
There used to be a thread at gleemax describing how tome of battle could simulate various fighting styles (one of which was the greatsword), but it seems to have been pruned. :smallsigh:

Human warblade3/fighter2/warblade+1.

At bab+6, you get a 3rd lv stance, qualify for one of the tactical feats in tome of battle, some of the maneuvers let you disarm (which you would have a small advantage using a 2-handed weapon).