PDA

View Full Version : The Cattiest Cat

BlueInc
2011-09-06, 06:29 PM
I'm sure a lot of people have heard tales of Bearbearians (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=140757), or heard that druids become "a bear, riding a bear, summoning bears," and it got me to thinking: What about a werecat Tibbit. It's a cat-person who can turn into a cat - but when the moon is full, they turn into...A CAT!

Yeah, I know it doesn't work because Tibbits are monstrous humanoids, but you could still have a Catfolk Weretiger or Werelion, right? Make them some kind of feline-totem barbarian cat burglar with a cat-of-nine-tails!

What else could be added to purr-fect this build?

BIGMamaSloth
2011-09-06, 06:53 PM
well first of all it needs more puns. :smalltongue:

BlueInc
2011-09-06, 07:16 PM

I should have included a claws: I could use the who kitten-kaboodle of puns, but that might put someone into a catatonic state. At least it might give people paws. People might suffocate with laughter. Seeing a list like that could give you cataracts. It would be a catastrophe - cataclysmic, even!

Though, for others, it might be cathartic. It's a delicate process, if you catch my drift..

I want to catalogue some good ideas; that's the point of this thread, to be a catalyst. Maybe the build could include siege weapons for a catapult or something in that category? Could it include some kind of Cleric who recites catechisms? Could an undead build could live in catacombs? I don't want to litter the build with anything it doesn't need - and I'm not trying to be scatological.

Cathodes. Catheter. Caterpillar. Caterwaul. Cater. What a meowsterful list of puns.

Quietus
2011-09-06, 07:18 PM
I should have included a claws: I could use the who kitten-kaboodle of puns, but that might put someone into a catatonic state. At least it might give people paws. People might suffocate with laughter. Seeing a list like that could give you cataracts. It would be a catastrophe - cataclysmic, even!

Though, for others, it might be cathartic. It's a delicate process, if you catch my drift..

I want to catalogue some good ideas; that's the point of this thread, to be a catalyst. Maybe the build could include siege weapons for a catapult or something in that category? Could it include some kind of Cleric who recites catechisms? Could an undead build could live in catacombs? I don't want to litter the build with anything it doesn't need - and I'm not trying to be scatological.

Cathodes. Catheter. Caterpillar. Caterwaul. Cater. What a meowsterful list of puns.

I don't know about anyone else, but I think if this post is any indication, we should scratch the whole idea.

Hirax
2011-09-06, 07:19 PM
Totally not what you're looking for, but for some reason this made me think of applying the lycanthrope template with a dog as the base animal to a catfolk. :smallbiggrin: What would that hybrid form look like?

BlueInc
2011-09-06, 07:22 PM
Totally not what you're looking for, but for some reason this made me think of applying the lycanthrope template with a dog as the base animal to a catfolk. :smallbiggrin: What would that hybrid form look like?

http://catsrkule.webs.com/photos/Famous-Cats/catdog.jpg

Chilingsworth
2011-09-06, 09:00 PM
apparently: (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNEraxj559Y)

Eisirt
2011-09-06, 10:27 PM

And it needs more cowbell!

grarrrg
2011-09-06, 10:35 PM
I don't know about anyone else, but I think if this post is any indication, we should scratch the whole idea.

I agree, we should throw it out with the rest of the litter.

BlueInc
2011-09-06, 11:06 PM
I agree, we should throw it out with the rest of the litter.

If you've got ideas for the build, post them; don't feel like you're coming in on the tail end of this.

ShneekeyTheLost
2011-09-07, 12:25 AM
If you've got ideas for the build, post them; don't feel like you're coming in on the tail end of this.

Here now, let's not get catty

Coidzor
2011-09-07, 01:07 AM
Well, for barbarians there's the always popular Spirit Lion Totem Barbarian. Don't know if there's any other Spirit Big Cat Barbarians.

For regular totems, the base barbarian is the Jaguar Totem Barbarian, and the regular Lion Totem Barbarian gets Run, a bonus on Hide, and a bonus on damage when charging.

The Totemist gets a soulmeld that makes their lower body become take of a lion named after the Sphinx, IIRC.

Were-Phnixkin is a 1 HD medium dragonblooded catty creature with pounce from Dragon Magic, so that the lycanthropy doesn't eat up too much ECL, IIRC.

Treblain
2011-09-07, 01:18 AM
Well, for barbarians there's the always popular Spirit Lion Totem Barbarian. Don't know if there's any other Spirit Big Cat Barbarians.

It's a debated issue and I'm sorry for bringing it up, but some argue that you can be both a Lion Totem Barbarian and a Spirit Lion Totem Barbarian.

Coidzor
2011-09-07, 01:38 AM
It's a debated issue and I'm sorry for bringing it up, but some argue that you can be both a Lion Totem Barbarian and a Spirit Lion Totem Barbarian.

Given what is traded out by each of them, yeah, the only thing preventing it is a DM with his own prejudices.

Zombimode
2011-09-07, 05:10 AM
Uhm, no. All of the CChamp ACFs trade Fast Movement. Almost all of the UA ACFs trade also Fast Movement. The Only UA ACF compatible with the Spirit Totems is the Wolf Totem. So you can be a Spiritual Wolf Wolf Totem Barbarian, but not a Spiritual Lion Lion Totem Barb.

Edit: oh, UA Horse Totem also works.

Elixia
2011-09-07, 06:19 AM
What about a werecat Tibbit. It's a cat-person who can turn into a cat - but when the moon is full, they turn into...A CAT!

this made my sides split!!

Morph Bark
2011-09-07, 08:32 AM
Uhm, no. All of the CChamp ACFs trade Fast Movement. Almost all of the UA ACFs trade also Fast Movement. The Only UA ACF compatible with the Spirit Totems is the Wolf Totem. So you can be a Spiritual Wolf Wolf Totem Barbarian, but not a Spiritual Lion Lion Totem Barb.

Also Jaguar Totem. :smallwink:

Treblain
2011-09-07, 11:40 AM

My mistake. I didn't bother checking the specific combinations; I just knew that some were possible.

BlueInc
2011-09-07, 12:29 PM
So right now we've got a Were-Phnixkin Catfolk Spirit Lion Jaguar totem barbarian? Are there any cat burglar or other cat-inspired prestige classes?

Andorax
2011-09-07, 01:12 PM
I once wrote up a great cat variation on the Bear Warrior PRC. Basically, just substitute in Cheetah, Tiger and Dire Tiger.

PlzBreakMyCmpAn
2011-09-08, 07:35 PM
I reject your nominally bear-related link and give the superior version (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=205774) for o

Chilingsworth
2011-09-08, 07:42 PM
Well, for equipment, the character could have a rod of cats (MIC 56).

Jjeinn-tae
2011-09-08, 07:44 PM
Don't forget to take the PRC from OA revolving around Lions... Singh Warrior I think? It's like the Bear Warrior, but with Lions (and Lawful though... That might make it difficult).

TroubleBrewing
2011-09-08, 07:59 PM
This character must wear sleepwear at all times. Otherwise, how will he be the cat's pajamas?

EDIT: Psicrystal familiar that is re-fluffed into pajamas?

Ryu_Bonkosi
2011-09-08, 11:24 PM
A pair of female druid were(feline) Dvati that are always snipping at eachother. Now that is catty.

Tvtyrant
2011-09-09, 12:00 AM
Catfolk Wildshape Ranger/Lion of Talsid/Cat Warrior!