PDA

View Full Version : Help to build a warlock/shou disciple/fist of the forest villain

Sir_Chivalry
2011-09-06, 08:12 PM
Okay, so I was planning on making a monk/warlock build once. I came to the forums for some help, and was told the build was lackluster. A suggestion was made that it's better to just go with Superiour Unarmed Strike and levels in Warlock combined with the Eldritch Claws feat. Though this decreases the number of overall attacks I'd have, lacking flurry of blows, this is not that important.

So a few questions:

1) Should I keep to the original idea I had, and use Beast Strike combined with Mighty Arms? Should I instead use it with Eldritch Claws?

2) I'm assuming it isn't allowed to take Beast Strike twice to apply both?

3) What invocations should I take? Is hellfire warlock suggested?

Treblain
2011-09-07, 01:31 AM
Hellfire Warlock is probably a good idea to avoid losing EB damage. Since he's a villain, no need for a Binder dip or whatever; you can just rule that he has a custom item that recovers 1 CON per round or something.

Invocations: Spiderwalk and Fell Flight are great for all circumstances, Breath of the Night is handy, Flee the Scene is great for tricking players and for quick getaways, Chilling Tentacles will ruin their day, one of the dispelling ones to counter their buffs, Disembodied Hand (CM) to deliver Eldritch Claw attacks out of nowhere or even flank yourself. Also Entropic Warding, Walk Unseen, and Repelling Blast.