PDA

View Full Version : Piercing Gnomish Quickrazor?

Sir_Chivalry
2011-09-06, 08:55 PM
If one was to refluff a gnomish quickrazor as a piercing weapon, what would it look like?

MeeposFire
2011-09-06, 08:55 PM
A shiv perhaps?

Big Fau
2011-09-06, 09:24 PM
If one was to refluff a gnomish quickrazor as a piercing weapon, what would it look like?

Altair's hidden blade. Or the Kiku from Armored Core.

Circle of Life
2011-09-06, 09:26 PM
Like this:http://sourcefed.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/hidden-blade.jpeg

Sir_Chivalry
2011-09-06, 10:16 PM
Like this:http://sourcefed.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/hidden-blade.jpeg

Well that's a pretty cool one right there.

What do you guys think is most appropriate for a scientist/doctor type?

Cog
2011-09-06, 10:21 PM
What do you guys think is most appropriate for a scientist/doctor type?
Palmed scalpel?

Sir_Chivalry
2011-09-06, 10:25 PM
Palmed scalpel?

Or some sort of needle?

Wings of Peace
2011-09-06, 10:50 PM
Or some sort of needle?

How about a Palm Throw build that uses syringes as darts?. Use sneak attack and write it off as he's using his medical knowledge to strike vital points. :smallsmile:

Sir_Chivalry
2011-09-06, 10:53 PM
How about a Palm Throw build that uses syringes as darts?. Use sneak attack and write it off as he's using his medical knowledge to strike vital points. :smallsmile:

He's a factotum/swashbuckler/duelist build focusing on Int so far. A palm throw build couldn't hurt to finish up.

Wings of Peace
2011-09-06, 11:10 PM
He's a factotum/swashbuckler/duelist build focusing on Int so far. A palm throw build couldn't hurt to finish up.

Could work, though if you've invested that much of the build into melee then it's probably best to stick with it. For the Quick-Razor how about a spring-loaded miniature bone saw? I'm assuming you're using the Quick-Razor for it's synergy with Iaijutsu so that lets you keep your main form of damage

Sir_Chivalry
2011-09-07, 12:06 AM
Could work, though if you've invested that much of the build into melee then it's probably best to stick with it. For the Quick-Razor how about a spring-loaded miniature bone saw? I'm assuming you're using the Quick-Razor for it's synergy with Iaijutsu so that lets you keep your main form of damage

I'll still see if there's a way to throw syringe-darts, just because he's got a poison-master on staff, so that would make him much more formidable.

Circle of Life
2011-09-07, 12:11 AM
There's precedent for poison "syringes" already. Either stun gas (A&EG) or sleep-smoke (Waterdeep, City of Splendors) specifically mention coming in capsules that can be attached to a dart. It shouldn't be a huge stretch to apply that to any inhaled poison, if your DM is willing.

Not exactly a syringe, but damn close.

Big Fau
2011-09-07, 02:57 AM
I'll still see if there's a way to throw syringe-darts, just because he's got a poison-master on staff, so that would make him much more formidable.

Magic of Eberron has something close to syringes. They're more useful on yourself though.