PDA

View Full Version : M&M 2e: seeking character help

Fjolnir
2011-09-06, 09:48 PM
I am working on a character and am trying to figure out how to build this character: the idea is to be a psychic thief/con man he's telepathic and prior to being arrested and caught his MO was to go to a place and pretty much use his psychic powers to make him be ignored while he does his thing (people who would look at him to attempt a description end up giving widely varied descriptions of him if he is observed), he would also have the "psychic paper effect" where anything he presented would be the correct credential for the situation. I don't know if telepathy would be the correct angle or something else would do it better. The power level is going to be 6 but the caps are set at pl 5. He would have gotten caught due to the use of an automatic camera during one of his thefts. I don't want to run true invisibility, and while he would be sneaky, I think his abilities would head more towards the "Face" end rather than the "rogue" end

ExtravagantEvil
2011-09-06, 10:04 PM
My first thought is a rank or few in the illusion power, though telepathy is always good for a con artist.

tensai_oni
2011-09-06, 10:11 PM
Mind Control power with extras Conscious and One Command ("ignore me"). Possibly Subtle.

The psychic paper could be a variation of that, as a Device.

WildPyre
2011-09-06, 10:12 PM
I'd combine Mind Reading and illusion... use Mind Reading to find out what they should be seeing, and use illusion to replicate that image.

Mind Control and Telepathy would be good powers to drop some ranks into as well. Drop some ranks into Diplomacy and Bluff with a good charisma too.

Fjolnir
2011-09-06, 10:36 PM
is there an "always active" flaw because the idea that he can't not probe the people around him might be a good way to make the ID work...

WildPyre
2011-09-06, 11:35 PM
There's "Permanent" that has a power always on... I'd say talk to your GM about it to see how they would suggest setting up such a combo.