PDA

View Full Version : pokemon campaign (PEACH, Pathfinder)

jasonguppy
2011-09-07, 07:58 AM
Hi there!
Im running a Pokemon Mystery Dungeon style campaign where the PCs are pokemon and i am constructing the races. I have come up with my abilities for bonuses:
HP: Constitution
Attack: Either Str or Dex
Defense: Either Con or Dex
Sp. Attack: Either Int or Cha
Sp. Defense: Wisdom (maybe charisma?)
Speed: Dexterity

The main problems i have encountered are managing evolutions and size (seeing as basic pokemon are usually small or tiny when basic) please if you have suggestions then help!

Sypher667
2011-09-07, 08:23 AM
I know its not the most useful thing to use, but you could go by the size they look in game as the size you would use. The stars for size would work as well i would think.

Prince Zahn
2011-09-07, 08:24 AM
Ok, first of all evolution (I guess IMHO) can be adapted according to level, you know, like a bulb-o-meter for the sake of argument, when a character(pokemon) reaches a certain level, he will be given the choice of giving up his old form for a new one, be it stat increase, size increase, new move available, etc.
now of course different Poke's evolve in different rates in the games, that's where the bulb-o-meter thing comes in, a specific rule of thumb that will say what level you all evolve in, keeping set levels means "Nobody goes Primeape over being a slowpoke", so to speak.:smalltongue:

alternatively, you could make the Evolutions PrC's, which means that your characters(if so) might get basic pokemon levels 1-8, then get a side-quest to meet prerequisites and evolve to 1st E.V.O levels at 9-15, and same with the big stuff(2 E.V.O) at 16-(as far as you pull it)...
divide it in whatever way you see fit, I guess...

As for size, if I were in your place I'd consider the size bonus as part of your evasiveness(AC), that way even if they get charizard-sized - the big size matters little (pun intended?), since by then they'd have different ways to improve evasiveness and accuracy(*COUGH* *COUGH*doubleteam *COUGH* COUGH*.

am I helping?

Morph Bark
2011-09-07, 10:09 AM
Are you also going to be including Pokémon Trainers or the like, as enemies/alied NPCs? If so, I got a class floating around for it. :smalltongue:

jasonguppy
2011-09-07, 05:23 PM
I know its not the most useful thing to use, but you could go by the size they look in game as the size you would use. The stars for size would work as well i would think.

What do you mean by stars?

Are you also going to be including Pokémon Trainers or the like, as enemies/alied NPCs? If so, I got a class floating around for it.
i was going to have pokemon trainers be only for either players who don't want to be pokemon or NPCs. But it is mainly PMD style.

My real evolution problem is that i don't know how to balnce the pawer from evolving. Attacks will be either racial abilities, 3.5 esque racial substitution, or feats.