PDA

View Full Version : Druid help

Corrik
2011-09-07, 04:55 PM
Hey there playground, I need some help. Have a special power gaming campaign coming up and my straw said druid, which I've never played or given much of a look at. So I need some help making the most powerful, game breakingest, campaign ruiningest, druid build that I can get.

Here is the info:

Stats: 18, 17, 17, 10, 10, 8 with the -2 to any stat for a +1 to any other stat rules in effect.

Starting level 9.

Gold: 36,000gp

If possible I'd like to get elemental companion from complete mage but I'm willing to let it go if it doesn't work.

Allowed Books:
* Book of Exalted Deeds
* Cityscape
* Complete Adventurer
* Complete Arcane
* Complete Champion
* Complete Divine
* Complete Mage
* Complete Psionic
* Complete Scoundrel
* Complete Warrior
* Draconomicon (3.5e)
* Dragon Magic
* Drow of the Underdark
* Dungeon Master's Guide (3.5e)
* Dungeon Master's Guide II
* Dungeon Survival Guide
* Dungeonscape
* Elder Evils
* Exemplars of Evil
* Expanded Psionics Handbook
* Fiendish Codex I
* Fiendish Codex II
* Frostburn
* Heroes of Battle
* Heroes of Horror
* Libris Mortis
* Lords of Madness
* Magic Item Compendium (3.5e)
* Miniatures Handbook
* Monster Manual (3.5e)
* Monster Manual III
* Monster Manual IV
* Monster Manual V
* Planar Handbook
* Player's Handbook (3.5e)
* Player's Handbook II
* Races of Destiny
* Races of Stone
* Races of the Dragon
* Races of the Wild
* Rules Compendium
* Sandstorm
* Savage Species
* Spell Compendium
* Stormwrack
* Weapons of Legacy

LA races are allowed but have to be approved and the DM isn't a fan so most are not. Thanks in advance for any and all help.

*edit*
Oh and did I mention that the game is tomorrow, cause that's kind of important.

Keld Denar
2011-09-07, 05:09 PM
Well, you don't have Faiths of Eberron or Lost Empires of Faerun, so that rules out Planar Shepherd and Greenbound Summoning...

Best you'd hope for is:

Human Drood 9
Wis > Con > Int > Cha > Dex > Str

1st Spell Focus: Conjouration
H Augmented Summoning
3 Natural Bond
6 Natural Spell
9 Elemental Summoning

That gets you a Drood-3 companion at full Drood9 strength, or a Drood-6 companion at Drood-3 strength. Common pets are the Fleshraker or any other sizeable Dinosaur. Desmudu Hunting Bats are also pretty smexy.

Elemental Summoning is an awesome reserve feat from CMage that gives you your choice of elemental all the time as long as you keep a high level summoning spell in reserve. At 9th level, IIRC, you should have a large one, with Air and Earth being prime combat suspects with a fair amount of utility built in.

For spells, keep a fair bit of battlefield control. Wall of Thorns is about the best spell you have right now. Use the heck out of it. Control Winds is another brutal slayer, great for mass destruction. Last Breath and Delay Death are really nice for keeping your friends from dying prematurely. Cast Produce Flame on your animal companion, possibly with a Lesser MM Rod of Empower for a sizeable damage boost to his attack routine.

Half-orc Bard
2011-09-07, 06:55 PM
What do you want to do druids are great at summoning and melee combat though you can also become an almost evoker-like caster throwing bolts of lightning at your target until they turn into a pile of ashes I personally would go with summoner feats (ie augment summoning) and prepare some blasty and some buff spells but use those for your summoning, and wildshape into a big mean beast when melee needs help.

build
Human
feats Augment summoning, Natural spell<--- a must, Ashbound, beckon the frozen, extend spell, persistant spell, spell foucs (conjuration) <--- sux but pre rec for augment summoning

The ability rule ROCKS for you put 1s in dex and str and make your wis through the roof!

Runeclaw
2011-09-07, 07:01 PM
For equipment, remember Wilding Clasps.

Bite of the WereX line of spells are excellent buffs.

Corrik
2011-09-07, 07:22 PM
The summoning(elemental especially) quite appeals to me.

Half-orc Bard
2011-09-08, 10:25 AM
see if your DM might let you get Rashami Elemental Summoning it turns you air and earth elementals into an even deadlier force.

Keld Denar
2011-09-08, 10:31 AM
Rashemi Elemental Summoning is from a source that isn't allowed.

Half-orc Bard
2011-09-09, 02:00 AM
Rashemi Elemental Summoning is from a source that isn't allowed.

Thats why I said to ask the DM