PDA

View Full Version : [PF]Necromancer Wizard build help?

Maho-Tsukai
2011-09-07, 07:45 PM
As the title, I am looking for ideas on how to make a good, minion-focused Necromancer wizard? For the general build I am going to take Agent of the Grave which means I won't be banning enchantment(Dominate Person/monster on wrights and other undead is just too much fun to pass up.). However, I want ideas for what school(s) to ban. So far Evocation is pretty much the only one that will be auto-banned. As for the second school, I need ideas, here. I was thinking about abjuration since beyond the dispell line it has few must-haves, and if I still need dispells I can just prepare them with the penalty(this is pathfinder so banned schools can still be used if need be.).

As for the actual build, I'll be going Wizard 5/Agent of the Grave 5/Wizard X, using a non-cheesy trick for early entry. What trick? Simple. A third party feat from Super Genius Games, Necrothurge (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/3rd-party-feats/super-genius-games/general-feats/necrothurge), allows me to obtain Animate Dead as a level 3 spell at level 5,(It adds level 3 animate dead to my spell list and I get 2 free spells at level 5, one of which can be spent on animate dead)as well as adding some other nice spells to my list. The main thing I am looking for, though, are feats and items for a minion-focused Necromancer that are not from 3.5e.(Though I may lobby to get the corpsecrafter line and perhaps Fell Animate.) I'll also be taking the Undead sub-school of Necromancy to replace the lame touch attack with a minion-buffing power, since I am going for a minion-focused build. Also, while I know bonded items have some MASSIVE drawbacks attached to them getting a Necromancer's Athame as my bonded item seems pretty awesome, but I am not sure if it's worth the risks that come with bonded items.

So, dose anybody have answers/opinions on my questions or other ideas for a minion-focused Necromancer wizard build?