PDA

View Full Version : Incarnate Construct and Elder Eidolon

ranagrande
2011-09-08, 09:24 AM
I was wasting time looking through some templates, and I found something fun.

Elder Eidolon, found in Lords of Madness, can be applied to most creature types and turns them into constructs.

Incarnate Construct, found in Savage Species, can be applied to constructs and turns them into humanoids or giants depending on their size.

So, theoretically, the two templates could be stacked over and over again, with some interesting results.

An

Incarnate Construct Elder Eidolon Incarnate Construct Elder Eidolon Incarnate Construct Elder Eidolon Incarnate Construct Elder Eidolon Storm Giant

is a Huge Giant with 19d8 hit dice and no special attacks or qualities and no skill points.

Its ability scores are

Strength - 71
Dexterity - 30
Constitution - roll 4d6 and drop lowest
Intelligence - roll 4d6 and drop lowest
Wisdom - 11
Charisma - 3

And, oh yes, it's CR 4. Want to use it against your players? :smallamused:

subject42
2011-09-08, 09:47 AM
Elder Eidolon is an inherited template. I don't think you can apply repeatedly like that.

Xtomjames
2011-09-08, 10:18 AM
Besides the general RAW on templates is you can only apply a template once to a creature. Most inherited templates can only be applied once (there are exceptions) and it's really playing the rules loosely to apply a repeat template over and over again.

Morph Bark
2011-09-08, 10:22 AM
Better do this with a Dustform creature from Sandstorm, since it is an acquired template.

ranagrande
2011-09-08, 10:43 AM
It still works following both the rules and flavor text for both sources:

An epic caster captures a Storm Giant and makes an Elder Eidolon of it. Now he has a Storm Giant and an Elder Eidolon Storm Giant.

He makes the Elder Eidolon Storm Giant into an Incarnate Construct. Now he has a Storm Giant and an Incarnate Construct Elder Eidolon Storm Giant.

He makes an Elder Eidolon out of the Incarnate Construct Elder Eidolon Storm Giant. Now he has a Storm Giant and an Incarnate Construct Elder Eidolon Storm Giant and an Elder Eidolon Incarnate Construct Elder Eidolon Storm Giant.

And so on. Each new creature becomes more powerful than the last and has a lower CR.

Of course it's playing the rules loosely, but it is legal and it allows you to get NI strength and dexterity at CR 3 or 4, depending on the creature you choose to start with.

Morph Bark posted while I was typing this.

Dustform would allow it to be done with only one creature instead of one for each iteration and could get NI strength at CR 2 or 3, but it would only have a dex of 3. Still, it's another possibility.