PDA

View Full Version : Nvestro's Black Ray?

Tibbaerrohwen
2011-09-08, 09:45 PM
I can't seem to find it in my copy of CoR. Could someone tell me the spell level, casting time and effect?

Thanks.

Flickerdart
2011-09-08, 10:16 PM
Googling the spell's name seems to suggest it is on page 33 of CoR.

Tibbaerrohwen
2011-09-08, 10:20 PM
Googling the spell's name seems to suggest it is on page 33 of CoR.

So does looking at the table of contents, but it does not appear on the aforementioned page in my copy. When I try and double check it against pdf's available when you Google the book, it is similarly absent.

Talya
2011-09-08, 10:31 PM
The secret of the Black Ray has been safe for thousands of years, and for all that time the Sacred Order of Nvestro has kept it safe. Ask yourself why you seek the Black Ray. Is it for Nvestro's glory, or for yours?

Zonugal
2011-09-08, 10:54 PM
The secret of the Black Ray has been safe for thousands of years, and for all that time the Sacred Order of Nvestro has kept it safe. Ask yourself why you seek the Black Ray. Is it for Nvestro's glory, or for yours?

I don't want the Black Ray, I just want Sean Connery!?!

Oh, Sean Connery...

Tibbaerrohwen
2011-09-09, 02:28 AM
I don't want the Black Ray, I just want Sean Connery!?!

Oh, Sean Connery...

If I could use Sean Connery as a ray spell, then I'd be happy with him. Right now, though, I'm asking about Nvestro's Black Ray.

Anyone have the stats for it?

Ungoded
2011-09-09, 11:35 AM
The spell slashing darkness on page 35 is a ray that seems to be missing from the Table of Contents. I would assume that the spell was renamed at some point after the Table of Contents was done, and the Table was never updated.

Talya
2011-09-09, 01:24 PM
I can't seem to find it in my copy of CoR. Could someone tell me the spell level, casting time and effect?

Thanks.

The spell does not exist in COR. It may have been renamed, as already suggested, or it may never have been published. In any case, the intended effect of Nvestro's Black Ray will forever be something of a mystery.