PDA

View Full Version : Snake Themed Druid

TheGoggFather
2011-09-09, 04:34 AM
Im starting either a 3.5 or a pathfinder game soon and i want to make a snake themed druid whose abilities primarily focus around augmenting my snake. Im going with a burmese python for my snake and i wanted to use a bow for a weapon. Any suggestions on how i should go about doing this?

molten_dragon
2011-09-09, 05:26 AM
Step 1. Replace python with viper.
Step 2. Apply venomfire.
Step 3. Win.

Repeat steps 2-3 as often as desired for more winning.

In all seriousness though, you don't need anything special. All your normal animal buffs will work on the snake.

Jair Barik
2011-09-09, 05:27 AM
You could try loading your snake in your bow instead of using a regular arrow. There must be rules for that somewhere.

hamishspence
2011-09-09, 05:31 AM
There's a spell that turns an arrow into a snake, in Serpent Kingdoms- but I think it's a wizard spell, not a druid spell.

AMFV
2011-09-09, 10:59 AM
Yuan-Ti cultist from Savage Species is probably really close to what you're looking for. Of course it won't advance druid abilities which kinda sucks from a power perspective. But from a thematic perspective it is like absolutely perfect. Also you have to be a Yuan-Ti, but that's kind of not hurting your snake theme either.

Human Paragon 3
2011-09-09, 11:11 AM
If you play in Pathfinder, you could just play a summoner and make your Eidelon a snake.

Luminiferous
2011-11-26, 03:17 AM
I'm thinking of making the same thing. I've chosen to be a yuan-ti, and I'm adding some rogue levels to fit the theme of attack. Still looking for the just the right mix of classes and fluff to fit what I'm going for. Luck to us both!:smallbiggrin:

suhkkaet
2011-11-26, 05:27 AM
There's also the Animal Lord PrC (Heroes of the Wild, 3.0). There's even the part for Snake Lords, who get Resistance to Poison, ability to produce poison and +2 to charisma.
The PrC itself also gives you the ability to wildshape into any type of your "chosen animal" unlimited times per day. And the ability to telepathically communicate with any type of your "chosen animal" as long as they're within x-feet, even if they're underground or w/e.

Edit:
The PrC is also in the 3.5 Complete Adventurer. Has been edited a little bit, but it's still pretty snaky.

Stone Heart
2011-11-26, 06:01 AM
There is always the Snake Shaman Druid in pathfinder. It allows you to partial transform into a snake giving you a bonus of your choice between a few things like bonus natural armor or a bite attack, and allows you to wildshape into snakes better at the cost of wildshaping into other things worse.

Amphetryon
2011-11-26, 09:56 AM
If you can use Stormwrack, the Sea Serpent has somewhat better venom than the Viper does, and is available as a starting AC. See Akal Saris' Poison Handbook for more.

EDIT: Linky (http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=4854.0)

darksolitaire
2011-11-26, 10:12 AM
Ok, but how do I make Orocihmaru?

Dusk Eclipse
2011-11-26, 10:18 AM
Not a druid and the buils is epic but
Orochimaru - Human Telepath 8/Slayer 5/Subverted Psion 13

Feats: Otherworldly** (1), Shape Soulmeld*** (Planar Chaucible) (Human), Speed of Thought (Telepath1), Expanded Knowledge (Reach) (3), Expanded Knowledge (Bite of the Wolf) (Telepath5), Lunatic Insight* (6), Track (9), Psionic Meditation (12), Quicken Power (15), Psionic Body (18), Epic Expanded Knowledge (True Creation) (21), Expanded Knowledge (Truevenom) (24)

* - Heroes of Horror ** - Player's Guide to Faerun *** - Magic of Incarnum

Powers:
1st - Call Weaponry, Reach**, Charm, Bite of the Wolf
2nd - Alter Self*
3rd - Telekinetic Thrust, Graft Weapon
4th - Correspond, Truevenom, Psychic Reformation
5th - Psianimate Dead***
6th - Contingency
9th - Reality Revision, Psychic Chirurgery, True Mind Switch, True Creation

* - Dark Sun 3.5 ** - Mind's Eye *** - Hyperconscious

Orochimaru's Signature Abilities:
Sword of Kusanagi - One of Orochimaru's common close combat techniques is the use of the sword of kusanagi. Orochimaru has summoned it into battle, attacked with it grafted to a snake tentacle in his mouth, and thrust it through the air at an opponent with a wave of his finger. These abilities are approximated by Call Weaponry, Graft Weapon, and Telekinetic Thrust
Disguise - Orochimaru uses disguises quite a bit. He appeared in a disguised form at the Chuunin Exam, hid the fact that he possessed the body of a little girl from everyone, and so on. To represent this Orochimaru has Psionic Alter Self
Charm of a Snake - Orochimaru has used the lure of power to seduce more than a few up and coming shinobi into being his subordinates, most notably Sasuke. For this reason he has psionic charm.
Taijutus - Orochimaru uses a unique form of Taijutsu that concentrates on delivering bite attacks at long range with an extending neck. Given his snake theme I wouldn't be surprised if he incorperated poison into this attack form in some way, though I don't believe he has done so yet. This is represented by Reach, Bite of the Wolf, and Truevenom Jutsu Research - Orochimaru's goal, and indeed his need for immortality stems from a desire to the create and understand all the ninja techniques in the world. He feels all he needs to accomplish this is time, and it is also his motivation for attempting to gain access to the sharingan. This is represented by Psychic Reformation, and Psychic Chirurgery. Also, several of his psychic warrior powers have been added this way.
Fuuinjutsu - Orochimaru makes use of a lot of sealing techniques to make permanent changes to the abilities of himself and his subordinates, most notably his signature cursed seal. For this reason he has Psychic Chirurgery and Reality Revision.
Edo Tensei - Ressurection to the Impure World - Psianimate Dead
Fushi Tensei - Living Corpse Reincarnation - True Mind Switch
Triple Rashomon - For custom sculpted giant triple iron walls, we turn to one place and one place only. True Creation.

Dr.Epic
2011-11-26, 03:11 PM
Step 1. Replace python with viper.
Step 2. Apply venomfire.
Step 3. Win.

No. Step 3 is ???. Step 4 is win.:smallwink: