PDA

View Full Version : Being the Jovoc Dread Emperor

Demonic_Spoon
2011-09-09, 08:13 AM
So I was looking at the equipment in the BoVD, and the Dread Emperor stuff is ridiculously powerful. I believe I can make it even more powerful however, thus this thread.

What you need:
5 Jovocs(MMII)
Riverine Armor of the Dread Emperor(BoVD)
5 Amulets of Retribution(BoED)
5 Starmantle Cloaks(BoED)
Optional Belt of the Dread Emperor(BoVD)

Step 1:Take 5 Jovocs, one of them advanced to 9HD so it is medium size(or permenant enlarged personed or whatever) and the rest are normal small size.

Step 2:Equip all the Jovocs with Amulets of Retribution

Step 3:Give them all starmantle cloaks.

Step 4:Get the four small jovocs on the ethereal plane somehow(Plane shift etc.).

Step 5:Have the medium Jovoc wear the Armor of the Dread Emperor, chaining the rest of the Jovocs to him(Riverine is ethereally substantial due to being force, hence armor made of riverine so that ethereal creatures can be chained.).

Righto, you now have 1 medium jovoc on the material plane wearing the Dread Emperor Armor, with for chain connected to the armor and seemingly floating in midair(unless you have see invisibility or the like of course). He is immune to all mundane weaponry, DC 15 reflex save for half damage from magic weapons and missiles(starmantle cloak). 50% of all damage from natural or handheld weapon is reflected back at the attacker(Amulet of retribution). Any damage the Jovoc causes all non-tana'ri in 30 spread to also take the same amount of damage(Aura of Retribution). All damage the Jovoc take is halved, with the remainder divided among the four jovocs chained to him(Armor of the Dread Emperor). You also heal 5 points of damage each round thanks to fast healing.

This makes the Jovoc pretty hard to kill, though he's still pretty vulnerable to ranged magic effects and effects that can damage the ethereal Jovocs.

Step 6: Wear the Belt of the Dread Emperor and be some sort of spellcaster that prepares his spells. You can now cast spells forever without resting due to your chained Jovocs' fast healing ability.

Enjoy

Thoughts, comments or improvements?

*.*.*.*
2011-09-09, 11:20 AM
How many million gold does this require?

Demonic_Spoon
2011-09-09, 12:14 PM
Well the starmantle cloaks and retributive amulets on the chained ethereal jovocs are not essential, so if you drop those:

1 Starmantle Cloak: +132,000 gp
1 Retributive Amulet: +56,000 gp
1 Armor of the Dread Emperor(+25000 for being made from Riverine included): +39560 gp
1 Belt of the Dread Emperor: +120,000 gp

For a grand total of 347,560 gp.

So achievable by level 17 if you use wealth by level. Not the most ideal of setups but I find the concept cool.