PDA

View Full Version : Looking for some homebrew Fey/Sidhe related PrCs.

Volfogg
2011-09-09, 10:41 AM
Hi All,

I am currently crafting up a BBEG for a campaign I am working on and require a prestige class which is in some way related to the unseelie fey/sidhe. I have reviewed every book I have (which is most of the core d20 books) and cannot find the "right" fit. What I am looking for is a 5 lvl prestige class that advances arcane (or divine) spellcasting and is associated with the unseelie fey/sidhe. If there are any such homebrew prestige classes here (or anywhere) please let me know. Even if the homebrew is a simple idea please feel free to post it here.

Thanks for any and all comments!

Cheers
Volf

Djinn_in_Tonic
2011-09-09, 10:46 AM
How he have to be a spellcaster? 'cause if you're looking for a villainous fey-related PrC, you're (and I hate to toot my own horn here, but I think it may be true) unlikely to find ANY class better suited to the role Seiškona of the Iron Bands (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=136589). It require being a Binder though...

jiriku
2011-09-09, 10:56 AM
Look at the wild soul (Complete Mage p.85).

ErrantX
2011-09-09, 11:46 AM
How he have to be a spellcaster? 'cause if you're looking for a villainous fey-related PrC, you're (and I hate to toot my own horn here, but I think it may be true) unlikely to find ANY class better suited to the role Seiškona of the Iron Bands (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=136589). It require being a Binder though...

Glad to see you back Djinn!

I have to 2nd this. I used a Seidkona as a big bad in my game to amazing effect . One of the best classes to show up on these forums.

-X

Djinn_in_Tonic
2011-09-09, 11:51 AM
Glad to see you back Djinn!

Yeah...I'll be around a little more often these days. :smallbiggrin:

I have to 2nd this. I used a Seidkona as a big bad in my game to amazing effect . One of the best classes to show up on these forums.

-X

You did? How'd it play out, in terms of both flavor and mechanics? Mind dropping me a PM? 'cause I'm dreadfully curious. :smallbiggrin:

Volfogg
2011-09-09, 02:27 PM
Ugh, now I have to make not one BBEG but two. :smallcool: I love binders and this prestige class is an excellent example of flavour melded perfectly with class mechanics.

Look at the wild soul (Complete Mage p.85).
Great idea, however, I already used some summoner type baddies in another campaign so I wanted this BBEG to be as different as possible.

Thanks for the input so far!

Cheers
Volf

Now I am gonna stat up a mini BBEG Seiškona of the Iron Bands. :xykon:

Djinn_in_Tonic
2011-09-09, 02:35 PM
Ugh, now I have to make not one BBEG but two. :smallcool: I love binders and this prestige class is an excellent example of flavour melded perfectly with class mechanics.

Great idea, however, I already used some summoner type baddies in another campaign so I wanted this BBEG to be as different as possible.

Given these two, I'd recommend (if possible) switching the BBEGs around, making the caster the lesser of the two. The Seidkona will automatically be COMPLETELY different from a summoner type (or from any caster), and the lore behind them also gives their presence a MUCH bigger build-up and world effect.

Whatever you decide, I'm glad you like the class though. :smallbiggrin:

TravelLog
2011-09-09, 02:56 PM
Given these two, I'd recommend (if possible) switching the BBEGs around, making the caster the lesser of the two. The Seidkona will automatically be COMPLETELY different from a summoner type (or from any caster), and the lore behind them also gives their presence a MUCH bigger build-up and world effect.

Whatever you decide, I'm glad you like the class though. :smallbiggrin:

Djinn, out of curiosity, are the Seidkona vestiges still forthcoming?

ErrantX
2011-09-09, 04:10 PM
Djinn, out of curiosity, are the Seidkona vestiges still forthcoming?

I wrote a demonic vestige for the Seidkona, I did think of a couple other ones but I thought that the project had lost momentum. So if it hasn't Djinn, I will help you write more.

-X

mrcarter11
2011-09-09, 05:07 PM
That brings something to my mind.. How many fae lords were ever finished for that project? If I recall, only two were ever fully finished, one by Djinn and one by Errant

ErrantX
2011-09-09, 05:33 PM
That brings something to my mind.. How many fae lords were ever finished for that project? If I recall, only two were ever fully finished, one by Djinn and one by Errant

Far as I know that's the only two that were written.

-X

Mulletmanalive
2011-09-10, 02:47 PM
Int he Fae-o-matic thread in my sig, there's the Faerie Knight class, which is complete, though not a spellcaster, and relying on the Hedge, so maybe not for you.

There's also the prestige and base classes in Le Cirque Funeste, which is themed around a faerie circus...

Volfogg
2011-09-10, 03:17 PM
Int he Fae-o-matic thread in my sig, there's the Faerie Knight class, which is complete, though not a spellcaster, and relying on the Hedge, so maybe not for you.
Thanks for the link! Even though it's melee oriented I might be able to use it for a cadre if Sidhe guardians or some such thing.

There's also the prestige and base classes in Le Cirque Funeste, which is themed around a faerie circus...
Very interesting read Mulletmanalive! BTW ... "I AM Carnival" is made of awesome. Brings back fond memeries of one of my first jobs. :smallsmile:

Cheers
Volf

Mulletmanalive
2011-09-10, 03:22 PM
You're very kind.