PDA

View Full Version : Fax Celestis' wiki?

mootoall
2011-09-09, 08:34 PM
Has anyone recently attempted to go to wiki.faxcelestis.net? I've been trying, and getting a 404 error. Has the site moved, or been deleted?

Chess435
2011-09-09, 08:44 PM
Has anyone recently attempted to go to wiki.faxcelestis.net? I've been trying, and getting a 404 error. Has the site moved, or been deleted?

It's not just you, just to let you know. I just hit a 404 error as well. I'll use some Google-fu and try to find it.

Edit: No such luck. forum.faxcelestis.net is down as well. Your best bet would probably be a PM.

mootoall
2011-09-09, 09:01 PM
Your best bet would probably be a PM.

That's definitely my next step.

Seffbasilisk
2011-09-09, 09:44 PM
It's down for me as well.

Same as his link he sent me.

Redshirt Army
2011-09-09, 10:06 PM
Next time something like this comes up, use Down for Everyone or just Me (http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/wiki.faxcelestis.net).

TroubleBrewing
2011-09-09, 11:19 PM
Thats... possibly the most rad link I've ever seen. Almost as good as "let me google that for you".

Gralamin
2011-09-10, 12:39 AM
Fax's host (pifro.com) is down. It's already being investigated.

Draz74
2011-09-10, 12:54 AM
I PMed Fax about this about a week ago. He responded that it might be hurricane-related, and that I should ask SweetRein what was up. I sent her a PM too, and she hasn't responded.

Tvtyrant
2011-09-10, 01:02 AM
Thats... possibly the most rad link I've ever seen. Almost as good as "let me google that for you".

What about the Way Back Machine?

TroubleBrewing
2011-09-10, 01:07 AM
(My mind is about to be blown. I know it.)

What is "The Way Back Machine?"

Tvtyrant
2011-09-10, 01:14 AM
It lets you read archives of downed (http://www.archive.org/web/web.php)websites.

Gralamin
2011-09-10, 01:28 AM
I PMed Fax about this about a week ago. He responded that it might be hurricane-related, and that I should ask SweetRein what was up. I sent her a PM too, and she hasn't responded.

It has actually been up within that time, this new downtime is in my limited understanding unrelated (I only know what I hear on the IRC).

Hazzardevil
2011-09-10, 02:49 AM
I PM'ed Fax about this about a week ago and he/she told me to message the guy who hosted the site, I did, but the site was up again a few days later.

Draz74
2011-09-10, 11:57 AM
It has actually been up within that time, this new downtime is in my limited understanding unrelated (I only know what I hear on the IRC).

Hmmm. That's promising. Guess I should have checked more diligently. I still haven't gotten a PM response from SweetRein, though.

EDIT: Reading FAIL on my part. My concern has been for the Fax Competitor forums, not the wiki ... so it might have been up/down differently than other people are discussing.

mootoall
2011-09-10, 12:14 PM
Next time something like this comes up, use Down for Everyone or just Me (http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/wiki.faxcelestis.net). That'd be fine if I weren't also looking for information about it from people who might know.

Gralamin
2011-09-10, 04:08 PM
Hmmm. That's promising. Guess I should have checked more diligently. I still haven't gotten a PM response from SweetRein, though.

EDIT: Reading FAIL on my part. My concern has been for the Fax Competitor forums, not the wiki ... so it might have been up/down differently than other people are discussing.

The Wiki and the forums use the same host, so everything is either up or down :smallwink: