PDA

View Full Version : A little bit of homebrew for Pathfinder

MrRhin
2011-09-10, 04:42 AM
I've been working on trying to put together some homebrew fixes, on the Pathfinder system, to some of the classes that are considered more mundane, in an attempt to give these classes a little more going for them.

And now I've come to the part where I realize that it's probably best to ask for the opinions of others, so I don't simply continue working in something that's pointless or broken, heh.
Would be great if some of you here around the Playground could give me a few pointers and thoughts on this.

I guess it should also be said that when doing this I have pretty much exclusively been using the Pathfinder Core Rulebook (mainly cause it's the only one I own of the Pathfinder series, but also cause while using a multitude of books to fix things might work for some, it doesn't work for everyone. And especially not the guys I play with, heh)
But still, if this steps on the toes on classes or stuff from other books and so on, it would be good to know.

(Note: I do in no way take credit for these ideas, as most of them are things I've found around different forums and discussions.)

These are some of the more basic things, there is also a long list of new feats and work on some other classes, but as they say, one thing at a time.

Barbarian
Barbarian.
Damage Reduction. (Bonus Doubled (2/- at 7th, 4/- at 10th, 6/- at 13th etc,))
Increased Damage Reduction(Rage Power). (Effects Doubled. (adding 2/- damage reduction each time it is taken.)
Rage Powers: The following Rage powers are now permanent, and work outside of raging as well.
Low-Light Vision (Gives the Barbarian Low-Light Vision)

Internal Fortitude ( The Barbarian gains immunity to Sickened and nauseated conditions)

Night Vision (Gives the Barbarian Dark Vision, requires Low-Light Vision as a prerequisite.)

Scent (Gives the Barbarian the Scent Ability)

Quick Reflexes (The Barbarian may make one additional attack of opportunity per round.)

Raging Climber (The Barbarian may add his level as an enchantment bonus to any climb check)

Raging Leaper (The Barbarian may add his level as an enchantment bonus to any jump check)

Swift Foot (Adds a 5-foot enchantment bonus to the Barbarians Speed, may be taken three times)
Tireless Rage. (changed level) Gained at 12th level instead of 17th

Fighters
Fighters.
Skills: (Raised to 4pts/lvl)
Saves: (Reflex is now a high save alongside Fortitude, Will is still low)
Bravery: (bonus Doubled).
Paragon of Men: (Added at 5th level as a new ability) Starting at 5th level (and every five levels after that (10th, 15th 20th)) a fighter gains a permanent +2 bonus to either his Strength, Dexterity or Constitution score.
Armor Mastery: (changed level and added more steps) At 10th level a fighter gains DR 5/- whenever wearing armor or using a shield. This bonus increases to 10/- at level 15, and to 15/- at level 20.
Improved Selection: (Added at 6th level as a new ability) Starting at 6th level and then at 10th, 16th and 20th the fighter may choose to pick his bonus feat while ignoring one of the prerequisites listed that is not a Base attack bonus or a level requirement. A fighter can not discard a feat-chain this way. (So for example a 6th level fighter could pick the Cleave feat, without possessing the Power Attack feat, or the Greater Cleave feat if he possessed Power Attack but not Cleave. Or he could pick the Arcane Strike feat, without possessing Spell-casting abilities).

Monks
Monks.
Hit Dice: Raised one step to D10
Base Attack Bonus: (Full progression +1-+20)
Spiritual Fortitude:(added at level 1 as a new ability) A monk may use his wisdom modifier instead of his constitution modifier as a bonus for Fortitude saves, in addition whenever a character gains a monk level (including the first one) he may use his Wisdom score instead of his Constitution score for calculating additional Hit Points or meeting the requirements for a feat.
Maneuver Training: (Changed, since the monk now has full BaB) At 3rd level, a monk adds his Wisdom Modifier (if any) to his CMB while being unarmored and unencumbered.
Ki Pool: (added text) “At 6th level or higher a monk may also spend 1 point of ki to move as a swift action instead of a move action for one round.”
Wholeness of Body: (Healing Doubled) At 7th level or higher, a monk can heal his own wounds as a standard action. He can heal a number of hit points of damage equal to twice his monk level by using 2 points from his ki pool.)
Unarmed Strike: (added text) A monk may also choose to use his unarmed strike damage whenever using a special monk weapon instead of the weapons normal damage, except when using shurikens.

Godskook
2011-09-10, 04:49 AM
What system is this, cause its not 3.5. Pathfinder? It'd help if the OP mentioned this, preferably in the thread title to avoid helpful 3.5'ers(who don't really know this system) from wandering in by accident(like myself).

MrRhin
2011-09-10, 04:50 AM
Thank you Godskook, I will put that in right away:smallsmile:

Retech
2011-09-10, 07:33 AM
Fighter changes are good, but the monk and barbarian were already arguably "fixed" to make them less mundane with ultimate combat.

I would actually consider playing a monk now.

MrRhin
2011-09-10, 11:18 AM
Fighter changes are good, but the monk and barbarian were already arguably "fixed" to make them less mundane with ultimate combat.

I would actually consider playing a monk now.

Oh, really?
Hmm, I havent read Ultimate Combat, but I'll have to check into it.

How did they go about it? (no need to answer if the answer would be to long)