PDA

View Full Version : Thundercats Ho!!!

Angeal976
2011-09-10, 02:01 PM
I was just wondering if anyone anywhere has ever tried to make a Lion-O in D&D 3.5? I mean I probably wouldn't play it or anything, I'm just curious to see what Lion-O might look like in D&D, so has anyone tried this?

Greenish
2011-09-10, 02:05 PM
Catfolk crusader(?) with fancy magic items, going by wikipedia description. Command cats is a bit tricky, but a cat familiar who can communicate with other cats coupled with some standard diplomancer tricks, hmm…

herrhauptmann
2011-09-10, 02:25 PM
If you're going to make a liono, you've got to make his weapons as well.
Sword of Omens:
+1 dagger, free action to switch between +2 Shortsword and +3 longsword.
Full Round Action: Use True Seeing (and some other sight based divinations), lets say, 5 times per day. Duration on each is 'Concentrate.'

Beyond being a sheathe, I don't remember the original cartoon well enough to know if his claw gauntlet had any real purpose beyond holding his sword and looking cool.

TheJudicator
2011-09-10, 02:30 PM
If you're going to make a liono, you've got to make his weapons as well.
Sword of Omens:
+1 dagger, free action to switch between +2 Shortsword and +3 longsword.
Full Round Action: Use True Seeing (and some other sight based divinations), lets say, 5 times per day. Duration on each is 'Concentrate.'

Beyond being a sheathe, I don't remember the original cartoon well enough to know if his claw gauntlet had any real purpose beyond holding his sword and looking cool.

For the sword, don't forget the multitude of Helping Hands activated with command word "HOOO!!!!", tied to each ally.

As for the gauntlet, I think I recall it having a sort of ranged grapple effect...hmm..

grarrrg
2011-09-10, 05:25 PM
First off, there is a Thundercats Wiki (http://thundercats.wikia.com/wiki/ThunderCats_Wiki)

As for the gauntlet, I think I recall it having a sort of ranged grapple effect...hmm..

According to the Wiki
It is Shiny (more useful than it sounds in this show)
Launching Grappling Hook + unspecified amount of Chain
It is a very Tough Shield
And it apparently has a Gas compartment

Overall fairly mundane in use, I can't see much for D&D enchantments other than a good AC boost.

The Sword can also shoot Lasers, and can magically return to its owner.

Cheetara: Needs to have LOTS of +Movement speed, can use Telepathy, but it is very painful/draining
Weapon: Extendo-Staff, can be as short as a baton, or as long as a Pole-Vault Pole.

Panthro: Strong/Smart, no special powers.
Weapon: Nunchucks that have Gas/Chemical compartments, his clothing Spikes can shoot out as well (semi-grappling hook)

Snarf: Basically an Intelligent 'pet', no special powers, no real weapons.

Tygra: Can turn Invisible (needs whip?), and has painful/draining illusion powers
Weapon: A Bolo-Whip, can shoot small fireballs

WilyKat/WilyKit: Young, no special powers.
Weapons: Capsules that produce various effects when thrown (gas/goo/gum/etc...), and 'hover-surf-boards'

Getsugaru
2011-09-10, 05:37 PM
The show's started back up on Cartoon Network, shown on Friday nights. It should be easily found on youtube.

As for the Gauntlet, I'd stat it as a +2Dastana with the ability to Summon Armor on the wearer if one of the Special Gems is inserted. It has slots for the 3 gems. The armor summoned by this effect has no ACP, no max DEX bonus, and doesn't slow the wearer's speed. Probably is a suit of +3Full Plate. Forgot what the gems do.

Book of Omens is probably some kind of artifact that has the history of everything recorded in it. But the info isn't easily accessed. Proof (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrUtrB5TQrI)

Hope that helps.