PDA

View Full Version : Internal Server Error

Kansaschaser
2011-09-10, 03:33 PM
Sometimes when I'm replying to a post, I get an "Internal Server Error". I hit the back button and try to post it again. When I do that, sometimes it ends up getting posted two, even three times.

Is there a way to delete my double/triple posts?

Edit: I got the "internal server error" trying to post this too.

Bobby Archer
2011-09-10, 07:02 PM
I believe the standing instruction for this type of problem is to edit the double posts to take out the doubled info and report the double posts so a moderator can delete them.

Kobold-Bard
2011-09-10, 07:05 PM
I believe the standing instruction for this type of problem is to edit the double posts to take out the doubled info and report the double posts so a moderator can delete them.

Or you could just click Edit & use the delete option yourself, putting "Internal Server error, duplicate posts" or something in the little box where it asks for a reason. That just seems easier to me.

Mystic Muse
2011-09-10, 07:19 PM
Also, before trying to repost, press "Preview post" and check below the post box. It'll show previous posts, and if your post did go through, it'll show that. Prevents server strain.

Rawhide
2011-09-11, 12:34 AM

No, this has never been an instruction. Please simply delete any duplicate messages accidentally posted. You can do that for all except the first post of a thread.