PDA

View Full Version : The Jellomancer

Demonic_Spoon
2011-09-10, 04:30 PM
http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg30/scaled.php?server=30&filename=dnd20watercolor20riding.jpg&res=medium

In which we make use of Gelatinous Cubes for fun and profit.

Righto we'll be going human Cleric 7/Verminlord 10/Windrider 3 with the Slime Domain for flavour. Alignment is evil.

Give him the Able Learner and Verminfriend(BoVD) feats on startup. You'll need at least 15 cha for Verminfriend but don't really need any other specific stats so feel free to assign them as you please. When he earns his next feat choose mounted combat. Rest of feats can be assigned as you see fit.

Make sure to put at least 3 ranks into Hide and Move Silently, 6 Ranks into Knowledge(Nature) and 8 ranks into Handle Animal and Ride as you progress in levels in order to qualify for Verminlord(BoVD) and Windrider(Masters of the Wild).

At level seven be sure to take the giant vermin spell in order to qualify for Verminlord. By now you should meet all the requirements except the ordaining by a evil, intelligent verminous creature. Pay a drider or something to declare you a vermin lord.

At level 17, with a Cleric 7/Verminord10 is when the real fun starts.

The Jellomancer

Preparation:

Purchase a Gelatinous Cube and Amulet of Ooze Riding, costing 5000 gp and 28,000 gp respectively(AaEG) .

Acquire 1 Acidborn(Dungeonscape) Husk Vermin(DoTU) Jellyfish Swarm somehow. A swarm consists of 5000 vermin jellyfish. (Sto p 161)

Place the Swarm of Jellofish in the Gelatinous Cube. The Acidborn prevents them from being effected by the acid. Their undead traits granted by being Husk Vermin protect them from the poison. The Gelatinous Cube takes the space of a 10 ft cube, meaning there is actually enough space for 8 swarms, but really that's going a bit too far. Since even 1 Swarm already gives ridiculous power, consider using a quarter swarm.

Enter the Gelatinous Cube via the Amulet of Ooze Riding. Some mention should be made of the Verminlord's vermin servant I suppose. I couldn't find any appropriate creatures and as such choose whatever you like, the giant bombardier beetle looks cool, include or not as you like in this scheme.

The Jellomancer

Now, use Verminlord's capstone Hivemind ability to form a hivemind with the swarms of jello floating inside the giant cube of jello.

5000 - 150 = 4850
4850 / 50 + 5 - 18 = 84 sorcer levels.

You now have a almighty jellomancer. Best of all you jellomancer is not vulnerable to the usual weaknesses of a swarm, though if its jello cube container is broken they'll flop around uselessly on the ground, what with being aquatic creatures and all(but won't die, what with being undead and all).

Speeding up the Cube:

The main problem is that the jello cube has a "lightning fast" speed of 15 ft per round, with a top speed of 60 f it runs. Enter the Windrider prestige class. This class grants a number of nifty abilities mostly to do with the rider's mount, most notably granting a "bound" mount free feats and the ability to improve their speed with a +10 competence bonus each round at the cost of a standard action each round.

As such, if we choose the run feat, with the base speed now 25ft, we can reach a more respectable top speed of 125ft.

The Cube can equip Boots of Striding and Springing for another +10 boost to base land speed and get the Feathered Wings Graft for a sly speed of double the base land speed, which at this bound is 35, so fly speed of 70. Have a Permanenced Cloud Wings spell cast on you to boost the speed to 100ft.

Protecting the Cube:

Now to increase the survivability of our cube. Windrunner already increases the bound mount's armor bonus by +4 and Hit Dice by +2. And they can increase the ac further by +4 each round at the cost of a standard action each round. Or we could take advantage of the Mounted Combat Feat and use out ride skill in the place of the Cube's ac if it's higher.

Controlling the Cube:

By now you should have 3 methods of controlling the cube, namely via the riding skill, via commanding it from the cleric slime domain or via the nifty Ooze Puppet spell, as cast by the hivemind. Personally I like the Ooze Puppet(SC) method. The hivemind is of course already under you control as part of the verminlord capstone ability.

Spells of Jellomancer:

Must haves are the aforementioned Ooze Puppet as well as the Engulfing Terror(DoTU) to summon some backup Cubes if necessary.

Equipping the Jellomancer:

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg689/scaled.php?server=689&filename=gelcube.jpg&res=medium

Suggested equipment for the cube:
Ring of Invisibility(SRD: To sneak up on victims so he can engulf them)
Ring of Regeneration(SRD: Healing)
Healing Belt(MIC: Some more Healing)
Amulet of Health(SD: Improves health and improves DC of the Cube's Paralysis poison.)
Darkskull(SRD: Unhallow effect helps to protect the undead squishies.)
Boots of Striding and Springing(SRD: Speed boost)
Feathered Wings Graft(FF: Jellomancer has liftoff! :smallbiggrin:)
Greater Pectoral of Maneuverability(Draco: Fly like a Hummingbird stingengulf like a Cube)
Permanenced Cloud Wings spell(SS:Improved Speed ftw)

Suggested Equipment for Humie(in addition to Amulet of Ooze Riding of course):
Ring of Invisibility(So that you are also invisible when the cube is invisible, the jellyfish are translucent so they should stand out too much, though the hivemind can cast invisibility or greater invisibility if necessary.)
Ring of Telekinesis(So you can push victims into the Cube to be digested, omnomnom. Also useful for pushing out the indigestible garbage left behind.)
Charming Eye graft(FF: Cast darkness spell then have the gelatinous cube sneak up on your enemies.)
Riding Boots

Additional Fun Stuff:

Create a Cryptspawn/Corpse Warbeast Magebred Acidborn Hivenest Giant Octopus, with the Jelly swarm hosted inside it while it swims in the cube. It has 10 feet reach so it can use its improved grab to drag stuff into the cube I think? I'm unsure on the grappling rules. With the Hivenest the Hivemind can take part in the fun.

Make the Human a necropolitan(LM) at some point in time so that it doesn't show up with the lifesense ability.

Add Sentry Ooze(Dungeonscape) template to the Cube, permanent curse it to remove the intelligence and make it mindless again. Alternatively do not make it mindless again, but give it a Cowl of Warding to give it a mind blank effect then choose some cool feats like Ability Focus(Paralysis), Extended Reach, Power Dive, Roll with It and Virulent Poison. Suggested skills are Hide, Move Silently, Escape Artist and Tumble.

Cast a permanenced version of Resistance and Greater Magic fang on the cube and octopus.

Put Aboleth Mucus in the Cube so that any victims engulfed by it aren't just digested but also suffocated.

Attack from above. :smallbiggrin:

Find some way to cast giant vermin before level seven so you can take Verminlord earlier and thus take more levels of Windrider.

Get a Slime Pot(BoVD) to get some Green Slime in on the action.

Take a Thrall of Juiblex(BoVD) Cohort to summon infinite Jello Cubes.

Tactics of the Jellomancer:

Engulf you're enemies while they're sleeping.

Cast Spider Climb, sneak up above your enemies then drop engulf them.

Fly up above your enemies, stop flying, engulf drop.

Cast Wall of Stone a few times to trap your prey so you can engulf them at you leisure.

Invisibility then sneak up on your unsuspecting prey.

Invisibility then stand in the middle of a busy street, laugh at ensuing slaughter.

Get some bat effigies or other flying minions, have them fly above enemies and benign transposition summoned cubes with them to combat drop said cube on the enemies.

Thoughts, comments, improvements?

Urpriest
2011-09-10, 04:35 PM
Able Learner doesn't work that way.

Demonic_Spoon
2011-09-10, 04:37 PM
Able learner is only to reduce skill point cost, I know there is still cross class skill limit. You should have enough skill ranks to qualify for the prestige classes by the time you take them though, even with cross class.

Urpriest
2011-09-10, 05:21 PM
Able learner is only to reduce skill point cost, I know there is still cross class skill limit. You should have enough skill ranks to qualify for the prestige classes by the time you take them though, even with cross class.

Ah ok, I had counted things up wrong.

Demonic_Spoon
2011-09-11, 08:22 AM
An alternative to the Jellomancer, I now present

The Oozerider

This time around we're gonna be playing a Half-Ogre Fighter 8/Windrider 10/Whatever 2(possibly Cavalier? I dunno)

Level Adjustment and you: Keep in mind that Half-Ogre has a +1 LA.

Oozerider Skills:

At least 6 ranks in Knowledge (Nature) and at least 8 ranks Ride and Handle Animal.

Oozerider Grafts:

2 Long Arm Grafts

Oozerider Feats:

1 level: Slow Flaw, Shaky Flaw, Saddleborn Trait, Saddleback Feat, Education feat(In order to make Knowlede(Nature) a class skill), Hidden Talent and Exotic Weapon Proficiency (Awl Pike) as fighter bonus feat.

Level 2: take Mounted Combat as one of your Fighter Bonus Feats.

Level 3: Weapon Focus (Awl Pike)

Level 4: Power Attack

Level 6: Long Strike(DR #331) and Cleave

Level 8: Great Cleave

Level 9: Aberration Blood(Bulging Eyes)

Level 11: Improved Initiative Windrider Bonus Feat

Level 12: Inhuman Reach

Level 15: Blindfight Windrider Bonus Fear, Weapon Specialization (Awl Pike)

Level 18: Combat Reflexes

Oozeriding Equipment:

Cube:
Ring of Invisibility(SRD: To sneak up on victims so he can engulf them)
Ring of Regeneration(SRD: Healing)
Healing Belt(MIC: Some more Healing)
Amulet of Health +6(SD: Improves health and improves DC of the Cube's Paralysis poison.)
Boots of Striding and Springing(SRD: Speed boost)
Feathered Wings Graft(FF: Now we can Fly)
Whip Tail Graft
Greater Pectoral of Maneuverability(Draco: Fly like a Hummingbird stingengulf like a Cube)
Cowl of Warding(Mind Blank ftw)
Greatreach Bracers(More reach ftw)
Permanenced Cloud Wings spell(SS:Improved Speed ftw)

Oozerider:
Amulet of Ooze Riding
Ring of Invisibility(So that you are also invisible when the cube is invisible)
Ring of Telekinesis(So you can push victims into the Cube to be digested, omnomnom. Also useful for pushing out the indigestible garbage left behind.)
Strongarm Greatreach Reach Bracers(I'm unsure how many of these enchantments you can slap on items so the reach enchant can be left out if necessary and the hidden talent feat also left out as it would then no longer be necessary.)
Riding Boots
Whip of Obeyance(Handle Animal bonus for when the ride skill just aint enough)

Oozeriding Weaponry:

The Awl Pike:

The Awl pike is a 15 ft reach weapon from Dragon Magazine #331. To the best of my knowledge it is the longest melee reach weapon available.

Thanks to Large Size from Half-Ogre and Strongarm enchantment you can now wield a Huge Awl Pike.

From SRD:

"Most reach weapons double the wielder’s natural reach, meaning that a typical Small or Medium wielder of such a weapon can attack a creature 10 feet away, but not a creature in an adjacent square. A typical Large character wielding a reach weapon of the appropriate size can attack a creature 15 or 20 feet away, but not adjacent creatures or creatures up to 10 feet away. "

A awl pike triples the reach.

As such a Huge Awl Pike will have a reach of 45 feet. The Long Arm grafts and Inhuman Reach each improve it with another 5 feet, for a total of 55ft. Add to that the Reach and Greatreach enchantments for a extra 5 feet each 3 times per day, for 65 ft reach total.

It should also do about 3d6 of damage.

The Mount

A Sentry Ooze Gelatinous Cube, acquired somehow, possibly through buying some breeding base stock and some breeding them into sentry oozes. If you're DM will allow it make it your cohort via leadership, there should be a feat you can give up for leadership. Suggested classes for Cube if Cohort is allowed: Monk or Psychic warrior, possibly Barbarian.

The Gelatinous Cube

The Cube should get 8 extra HD, +10 Natural AC and + 4 Strength from Windrider as well as 3 Feats. As such it should have about 8 feats total. Suggested feats:

Run
Prehensile Tail(The cube can now wield weapons! Whoo!)
Flyby Attack
Ability Focus(Paralysis)
Extended Reach
Toughness
Virulent Poison
Roll with it

Bringing it all together:

The Oozerider is now safely ensconced inside his flying Gelatinous Cube, from where he can attack creatures that are up to 65 feet away, or 60 feet from the edge of the cube(or Possibly 55 ft from the edge of the cube if the cube's size increases due to HD increase) by attacking them with a long point stick that he sticks out of the cube.

The cube can also attack creatures up to 15 feet away (Extended Reach and Greatreach Bracers), hopefully paralysing them.

The save DC for the paralysing poison should be 31(10 + 6(12HD/2) + 11((26Con + 6 - 10)/2) + 2(Ability Focus) + 2 (Virulent Poison)), making it much harder to resist.

As such you could have the Rider softening up the enemy while the cube moves in to paralyze them and then from there engulfing them.

Additional Options:

The Porcupine Cube:

You'll need reasonably high dexterity for this.

Give the Oozerider the Insectile template(assuming LA buyoff here otherwise you won't be able to take windrider 10). Infect him with the aboleth disease. Give him the amphibious skin graft to elimnate the need for skin wettening. Give him 6 Aboleth Tentacle Grafts. Replace the six arms with Long Arm grafts.

Drop Hidden Talent, Combat Reflexes and Weapon Specialization (Awl Pike). Replace Blindsight with Combat Reflexes. Drop Power Attack, Cleave and Great Cleave. Take the Deepdweller feat for a extra two tentacles, Multidexterity, Extended Reach, Multiweapon Fighting, Improved Multiweapon Fighting and Greater Multiweapon Fighting.

Wear Gloves of Man on all of the tentacles. Cast a permanenced extend tentacles on your arms to make them as long as your arms. Have a permanenced Girallon's Blessing cast on you for 4 extra arms. Equip 9 Awl Pikes. The Cube now looks something like a Porcupine when you stick them all out of it. Drop the Reach enchantment on your bracers. The top reach should be now be 65 ft except for girallon arms which have reach of 60ft. All minus 10 from edge of Huge Gelatinous Cube of course.

So, would this all work? Did I miss something?

Nerdynick
2011-09-11, 09:25 AM
Reading through the Oozemaster PrC, specifically how Drow were the first ones, gave me the idea of a Drow Paladin riding a Gelatinous Cube.

If you could figure out a way to make that work (I don't have much experience with paladins), the Improved Speed might help out.

Not to mention, you can summon it as a full round action and it gets the other nifty bonuses of a paladin's mount.

Demonic_Spoon
2011-09-11, 10:03 AM
Page 199-200 of the DMG, the Paladin can use a cohort for his mount, and there are also rules for a unusual cohort. According to those rules a normal Gelatinous Cube would have a ECL of 6, with a Sentry Ooze Cube have a ECL of 8, the cohort you attract needs to have at least 4 int though(p. 205 Leadership and mounts), so add the phrenic template as well for a ECL of 10. This is supoptimal though.

Another option is to cast Awaken Ooze(Dragon Magazine #304 p.38) on a Gelatinous Cube who can then have a intelligence of 3-18, if necessary add Sentry Ooze or Phrenic to it to add more intelligence. I'm not sure what this thing's ECL would be. Possibly 5-8, consult your dm. I'm sure there's rules somewhere to work out ECL but I can't remember where, possibly Savage Species?

So taking Leadership and attracting a awakened Gelatinous Cube as your cohort seems to be the easiest and simplest method.

EDIT: Consider using some sort of magic that you don't need to eat or drink and sleep inside the cube, stay inside it, forever.

RedWarrior0
2011-09-11, 08:31 PM
Reach is based on the wielder, not the weapon. Or else I feel Monkey Grip would be a lot more used.

Nerdynick
2011-09-11, 09:11 PM
Reach is based on the wielder, not the weapon. Or else I feel Monkey Grip would be a lot more used.

Thats obviously not entirely true, since polearms (usually) give a medium creature 10 ft reach (and a whip gives you 15 ft, if memory serves).

RedWarrior0
2011-09-11, 10:39 PM
Not exactly what I meant, but you're right. I should have clarified: reach is dependent on the wielder's size, not the weapon's size. A Fine creature wielding a Colossal polearm has 0ft reach, odd as it may seem, and a colossal creature wielding a Fine polearm (a sliver, basically) gets double reach.

mootoall
2011-09-11, 10:41 PM
Needs moar Thrall of Jubilex.

Enterti
2011-09-11, 11:47 PM
Now someone just needs to find a way to wield the cube, and preferably take weapon focus(gelatinous cube) for the lulz

Demonic_Spoon
2011-09-12, 12:12 AM

Can you give a source for that please?

I'd think that a huge weapon would stay the same length, no matter the size of its wielder. :smallconfused: Strongarm bracers also specifically "lets you wield weapons as a creature of one size category larger."

The problem with jubelix, is that its only cool ability, summoning a infinite number of oozes, is limited to a few rounds/level of jubelix. Not worth the dip in my opinion. A straight caster can just cast a persisted engulfing terror a few times.

In regards to wielding the cube, the obvious answer is hulking hurler or drunken master or such of course. The point of the builds so far was to stay safely inside the cube while it sneaked up on victims, but throwing a giant engulfing, paralyzing acid cube at your enemies is 1. a hilarious mental image and 2. would probably be pretty effective.

Tvtyrant
2011-09-12, 12:16 AM
I think the best part of Thrall of Jubilex is the at will infinite polymorph.

Demonic_Spoon
2011-09-12, 12:26 AM
Well certainly but I don't see a way to bring that back to Oozes, unless you want the Jubelix to be the ooze, which is not how I have been approaching this up till now. Could work though I suppose.

Tvtyrant
2011-09-12, 12:26 AM
Well certainly but I don't see a way to bring that back to Oozes, unless you want the Jubelix to be the ooze, which is not how I have been approaching this up till now. Could work though I suppose.

An ooze summoning oozes while riding an ooze? Where have I heard that joke before :smallyuk:

Also, gelatinous templated creatures FTW

Darrin
2011-09-12, 07:20 AM
Now someone just needs to find a way to wield the cube, and preferably take weapon focus(gelatinous cube) for the lulz

If we take the MM at it's word that a G. Cube weighs 50,000 lbs, then you'd want a hulking hurler/war hulk with at least Str 55 (max load 51200 lbs). However, the MM text says this is the weight for a 15' x 15' cube, which was later erratified to 10' x 10'. In an earlier thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=10296634&postcount=9) I napkinned an estimate of a 10' x 10' cube as weighing 14766 lbs (Str 46-47ish), but I don't recall exactly how I got that number (cube roots, ugh).

Also, gelatinous templated creatures FTW

Changes type to aberration, not to ooze. We can get to ooze via Skitterhaunt (www.wizards.com/dnd/article.asp?x=dnd/fw/fw20021123a)... but I'm not sure how to change a creature's type to vermin.

Demonic_Spoon
2011-09-12, 07:26 AM
If we take the MM at it's word that a G. Cube weighs 50,000 lbs, then you'd want a hulking hurler/war hulk with at least Str 55 (max load 51200 lbs). However, the MM text says this is the weight for a 15' x 15' cube, which was later erratified to 10' x 10'. In an earlier thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=10296634&postcount=9) I napkinned an estimate of a 10' x 10' cube as weighing 14766 lbs (Str 46-47ish), but I don't recall exactly how I got that number (cube roots, ugh).

You're pretty close, the errata also included a new weight of 15,000 pounds.
Gelatinous Cube (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/ooze.htm#gelatinousCube)

Yeah, I'm currently looking into how the hulking hurler actually works and how to add in levels of Thrall of Juiblex

Changes type to aberration, not to ooze. We can get to ooze via Skitterhaunt (www.wizards.com/dnd/article.asp?x=dnd/fw/fw20021123a)... but I'm not sure how to change a creature's type to vermin.

There isn't as far as I know, not via templates anyway, I checked extensively.

EDIT: Found a way, requires ten levels of Fang of Lolth (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/ex/20011207)

Vermin Type (Ex): At 10th level, the fang of Lolth's creature type changes to vermin, though she retains her previous Intelligence score, Hit Die type, and abilities. As a vermin, she becomes immune to mind-influencing effects (charms, compulsions, phantasms, patterns, and morale effects).

The Underlord
2011-09-12, 07:33 AM
Having a large weapon doesnt change your reach because reach based on size of the creature not weapon. If not a creature's natural attacks would have less reach than the creature's weapon.

Demonic_Spoon
2011-09-12, 07:43 AM
Someone has already stated this. I would still like a source for this rule though. :smallsmile: Even so though, the strongarm bracers still specifically allows you to "wield weapons as a creature of one size category larger." so this would work for them, even if the monkey feat does not.

Darrin
2011-09-12, 08:35 AM
Can you give a source for that please?

A creature's natural reach is determined by it's size, which can be found on a table in the PHB p. 149. As per the Weapons rules on p. 113, "Most reach [weapons](sic) double the wielder’s natural reach". A weapon with the "reach" quality is generally identified either in it's descriptive text or via a footnote on a table.

The Awl Pike is an oddball, which is not all that suprising, considering it's Dragon Magazine material (reprinted in Dragon Compendium). The descriptive text says nothing about tripling reach, just that you (assuming a medium-sized wielder) can strike opponents up to 15' away, but can't use it against foes closer than that (a 10-foot no-hit "donut", in other words). There are a few different ways to interpret this for larger creatures:

1) natural reach + 10'
2) double natural reach + 5'
3) triple natural reach

I'm inclined to lean towards #2, since it allows doubling per RAW, and gives us a better idea of how big the no-hit donut should be.

For example, a large creature with 10' natural reach, wielding a "reach" weapon: strike opponents at 15' or 20', but not within 10' or less.

A large creature wielding an awl pike (method #2): strike opponents at 20' or 25', but not within 15' or less.

A huge creature with 15' natural reach, wielding a "reach" weapon: strike opponents at 15' to 30', but not within 15' or less.

A huge creature wielding an awl pike (method #2): strike opponents at 20' to 35', but not within 20' or less.

Demonic_Spoon
2011-09-12, 09:02 AM
Mmm, rereading that I have to agree, though I still think the strongarm bracers can circumvent this. So we can drop the monkey feat? That'll allow us to make the Oozerider a Half-Ogre, bumping his size to large, so that he could still utilize the huge awl pikes if he uses strongarm bracers.

Darrin
2011-09-12, 09:33 AM
Mmm, rereading that I have to agree, though I still think the strongarm bracers can circumvent this. So we can drop the monkey feat?

Neither Strongarm Bracers or Monkey Grip have any effect on reach. All Strongarm Bracers do is allow you to wield a larger weapon without the -2 weapon size penalty. Your natural reach is still based on your current size, and the size of your "reach" weapon has no effect on how your reach is calculated: double your natural reach with this weapon.

All Monkey Grip does is allow you to ignore the increase in "handedness" for wielding a larger weapon. You still get the -2 weapon size penalty no matter what. Again, no effect on reach... if it's a reach weapon, regardless of how the weapon is sized, it doubles your natural reach.

Fouredged Sword
2011-09-12, 09:50 AM
It is posible to read "as a creature one size larger" as "with the reach of a creature one size larger" if expanding your reach is a function of wielding the weapon. large build specificly calls out not increaseing reach.

This would make for an odditiy that wielding a non-reach weapon of larger size would not effect your reach, but wielding a reach weapon would.

As a general note though, I think it doesn't work that way, and strongarm bracers function like monkey grip.

What you need it to be a psionic warrior and get your psi crystal PAO'ed into a cube. Now you can share expansion with it and kill stuff with collosal gello.

PirateLizard
2011-09-12, 10:41 AM

I once met a Mountain Giant that used a plate and one of those hotel roomservice lids (jumbomegahugesized) to weaponize a Glitterfire living spell ooze...

Demonic_Spoon
2011-09-12, 12:58 PM
And the final addition to any proper Gelatinous Cube adventuring party:

The Juibliator:

"This will be a day of jubilation for you."
"In every province and every city, wherever the king's command and his law reached, rejoicing and jubilation took place"
"When the field reverts in the Jubilee year it shall become holy"
"it shall be a jubilee unto you - and you shall return every man unto his own clan, you shall return every man to his family."

The Jubliator is the ultimate in ranged gelatinous cube warfare. With its neverending supply of gelatinous cube ammo, it can devastate its enemies completely.

Who becomes a Juibliator?

A Mineral Warrior Lolth-Touched Half-Ogre

Base Abilities(32 Point Buy): Str 18, Dex 14, Con 14, Int 12, Wis, 8, Cha, 8

This is before adjustment due to race and template

Half-Ogre(SS):

Ability Score Adjustments: +6 Str, -2 Dex, +2 Con, -2 Int, -2 Cha
Large size: -1 Atk, -1 AC, and 10' reach.
Base Speed: 30 ft
Darkvision: 60 ft
Natural Armor bonus: +4
Giant blood: For all abilities and effects, a Half-Ogre is considered a Giant.
Automatic Languages: Giant and common.
Favored Class: Barbarian
Level Adjustment: +1

Lolth-Touched(MMIV):

Alignment is CE
+6 to Str and Con
+4 to Hide and Move Silently
Fearless
+1 LA

(This would also be a good addition to a gelatinous cube mount)

Mineral Warrior:

Size and Type: Type remains the same, but it gains earth subtype. Size is unchanged.

Speed: Gains a burrow speed equal to one-half the highest speed. Loses its fly ability, if any.

Armor Class: Natural armor improves by +3.

Special Attacks: Retains all the special attacks of the base creature and also gains the earth strike ability.

Earth Strike (Ex): Once per day, the mineral warrior can make an exceptionally vicious attack against any foe that stands on stone or earth. The mineral warrior adds its Constitution bonus (if any) to its attack roll and deals 1 extra point of damage per racial Hit Die.

Special Qualities: All the special qualities of the base creature, plus the following.

Darkvision (Ex): A mineral warrior has darkvision with a range of 60 feet or the base creature's darkvision, whichever is better.

Damage Reduction (Ex): Gains damage reduction 8/adamantine. If it already has damage reduction, it retains both versions and uses the best one that applies.

Abilities: +2 Strength, +4 Con, -2 Int (minimum 1), -2 Wis, -2 Cha.

Environment: Same as the base creature and underground.

Level Adjustment: Same as the base creature +1.

Equipment of the Juibliator:

Belt of Giant Strength +6
Manual of Gainful Exercise +5
Quickness Clockwork Armor (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/cw/20070212a)(+4 circumstance bonus to Strength)
Boots of Striding and Springing
Tan Bag of Tricks(You can throw a Rhinoceros at people, awesome.)
Bag of Boulders
Headband of Intellect +6
Some sort of flight-enabling item
Ring of Sustenance(To counteract Gutworm's tradeoffs)

Grafts and Symbionts of the Juibliator(All of them from the FF, I love that book):

2 Clawed Arm grafts(Strength Bonus)
Climbing Legs Graft(Climb speed, sttack from the ceiling, whoo!)
Hauling Back Graft(Turn into quadruped for purposes of determining carrying capacity. :smallbiggrin:)
Added Tail Graft(Swim speed)
Gutworm Symbiont(Infinite Rage, for the strength bonuses, makes you eat more and become fatigued faster thoug)
Sithilar Muscles(Lords of Madness, +2 untyped bonus to Str)

Permanenced Spells:

Permanenced Girallon's Blessig(+3 pairs of Arms)
Permanenenced Fuse Arms(+12 Strength)

Making of the Juibliator:

Level 1: Fighter(I like fighter okay >.>), Quick trait, Weapon Focus(Spear), Power Attack
Level 2: Fighter, Cleave, Escape Artist Ranks 1
Level 3: Fighter, Item Familiar(invest skill ranks jump. Assign skill bonuses to Craft(Construct))
Level 4: Fighter, Point Blank Shot, Escape Artist Ranks 2
Level 5: Fighter
Level 6: Hulking Hurler, Thrall to Demon, Escape Artist Ranks 3
Level 7: Hulking Hurler, Meteor Strike Hurl Trick
Level 8: Hulking Hurler, Area Attack Hurl Trick, Escape Artist Ranks 4
Level 9: Warhulk, Strength +2 Boost, Willing Deformity
Level 10: Warhulk, Strength +2 Boost, Escape Artist Ranks 5
Level 11: Thrall of Juiblex,
Level 12: Thrall of Juiblex, Brutal Throw(CA, Add strength modifier to throws)
Level 13: Thrall of Juiblex, Summon Ooze(Infinite Gelatinous Oozes)
Level 14: Thrall of Juiblex, Alter Self
Level 15: Warhulk, Power Throw(CA), Strength +2 Boost
Level 16: Warhulk, Strength +2 Boost
Level 17: Warhulk, Strength +2 Boost

If LA buyoff is available:

Level 18: Warhulk, Strength +2 Boost, Natural Heavyweight(Planar Handbook)/Far Shot (if you'd rather have more range)
Level 19: Warhulk, Strength +2 Boost
Level 20: Warhulk, Strength +2 Boost

The Clockwork armour:

The Clockwork armour requires a Craft(Construct) DC 14 check to use effectively. With a headband of intellect your intelligence ability modifier should be +2 (8 + 6 = 14). You'll be able to invest around 9 ranks in item familiar, giving a further plus 3 bonus to Craft(Construct). As such you can be assured of a successful check if you take a 10.

Thrall of Juiblex Alter Self Ability

We will utilize this alter self ability to get a further +2 strength size bonus and to get the size carrying capacity bonus.

How does the ability scores of the Juibliator look when we're done?

I don't know, let's see.

Effective strength for hulking hurler throwing:

18(base) + 6(Half-ogre) + 6(Lolth-Touched) + 2(Mineral Warrior) + 5(Ability increase) + 5(Manual) + 6(Belt) + 4(Clockwork Armor) + 4(Gutworm Rage) + 4(Clawed Arm) + 4(Other Clawed Arm) + 16(Warhulk) + 2(Alter Self Size Bonus) + 2(Sithilar Muscles) + 12(Fused Arms)= 96

Dexterity:

14(Base) - 2(Half-Ogre) + 4(Clockwork Armor) - 2(Alter Self Size penalty) = 14

Constitution:

14(Base) + 2(Half-Ogre) + 6(Lolth-Touched) + 4(Mineral Warrior) + 2(Gutworm) + 4(Gutworm Rage) = 32

Mental stats are uniformly horrible.

Carrying Capacity:

"Tremendous Strength

For Strength scores not shown on Table: Carrying Capacity, find the Strength score between 20 and 29 that has the same number in the "ones" digit as the creature’s Strength score does and multiply the numbers in that for by 4 for every ten points the creature’s strength is above the score for that row."

Strength
Score Light Load Medium Load Heavy Load
26 306 lb. or less 307-613 lb. 614-920 lb.

Light Load:
306 * 4^7 * 6(Huge Quadruped) * 2(Natural Heavyweight) = 60162048
Medium Load:
613 * 4^7 * 6(Huge Quadruped) * 2(Natural Heavyweight) = 120520704 pounds

...that is a larger number than I expected, no wonder people say Hulking Hurler is broken...

:smallcool:

What does the Juibliator actually do?

The Juibliator summons Gelatinous Cubes via its Thrall of Juiblex Summon Ooze class ability. It then throws these Cubes at her enemies thanks to the abilities granted by Hulking Hurler, these attacks also have a extremely good to hit chance thanks to Brutal Throw. Its range increment is 15 ft(30ft with Far Shot if you take it). So the Juibliator could attack a area with the cube thanks to its hurl trick, and then have then have the area be subsequently engulfed by the Gelatinous cube for a awesome double whammy.

I believe the Juibliator could even theoretically throw Colossal sized Gelatinous Cubes with that large a carrying capacity...

In any case, there is no limit on the number of cubes that can be summoned per day, so the Juibliator has effectively unlimited ammo with which to commit its mass carnage. But while it does do massive damage, the Juibliator is itself still rather vulnerable to damage.

The Juibliator also has the ability to throw 50 pound AOE boulders if he wants to, via Warhulk.

How much damage would the Jubliator do anyway?

Well let's see. Your average Gelatinous Cube weighs 15,000 pounds.

15000 - 400
= 14600
14600/200
=73
So 78(73+5)d6.

Add in Meteor Strike Hurl Trick...

78d6+86(43(Strength Modifier) * 2)

So you can basically one shot nearly anything. Gelatinous Cubes are awesome. :smallbiggrin:

Incorpereal, Gaseous and Ethereal Creatures and the like would be immune though. :smallfrown:

Mr.Smashy
2011-09-12, 02:10 PM
And the final addition to any proper Gelatinous Cube adventuring party:

The Juibliator:
[I]
................So you can basically one shot anything. Gelatinous Cubes are awesome. :smallbiggrin:

Incorpereal, Gaseous and Ethereal Creatures and the like would be immune though.

You, Good Sir, are insidious.:smalleek:

Demonic_Spoon
2011-09-12, 02:12 PM
Why thank you. :smallsmile:

Fouredged Sword
2011-09-12, 02:43 PM
No, just get a amulet of natural weapons for the cube and grant it the ghosttouch property. Now you can hit incorperial targets.

Now you can kill things with enchanted jello.

BlueInc
2011-09-13, 08:31 AM
Edit: Beyond the realm of mortal ken.

Mind blown.

Darrin
2011-09-13, 09:40 AM
Hmm. Needs more Bloodstorm Blade (so the gelatinous cube automatically returns to your hands for multiple throws).

Also, the Summon Ooze (Sp) is a standard action, so it can't summon and throw on the same turn? So we need a little love from Quicken SLA... huh. It says "as the summon monster spell" but doesn't identify a specific SM spell (could this wording have been butchered any worse?). I assume summon monster I? That's 3/day... any way to get more swift action SLAs?

Demonic_Spoon
2011-09-13, 10:02 AM
Hmm. Needs more Bloodstorm Blade (so the gelatinous cube automatically returns to your hands for multiple throws).

I considered bloodstorm blade, but the cubes only last a few rounds so having them be returning isn't really worth it in my opinion, though you could drop some levels of warhulk to do it if you wanted to I suppose, since our carrying capacity is way above what we need for throwing gelatinous cubes. Also it's funny to have the Gelatinous Cubes also engulf the targets after having been thrown at them, doing extra damage and paralysing them.

Also, the Summon Ooze (Sp) is a standard action, so it can't summon and throw on the same turn? So we need a little love from Quicken SLA... huh.

Mmm, forgot about that, thought you could take two standard actions a round for some reason. You could do that yes, possibly dropping power throw/natural heavy weight or taking a flaw if you're feeling cheesy.

It says "as the summon monster spell" but doesn't identify a specific SM spell (could this wording have been butchered any worse?). I assume summon monster I? That's 3/day... any way to get more swift action SLAs?

I am assuming the summon monster spell line yes. I assume you mean the quicken is 3/day right? As the summon ooze is still infinite. I can't think of any methods of the top of my head except possibly belt of battle? Lemme check.

Fakeedit: Belt of battle lets you take another standard action per round once per day.

Fakeedit 2: Mmm, why do most of my builds end up utilising broken things like hulking hurler or verminlord? It's like I have some sort of compulsion to make deity level power characters. :smallfrown:

Ksheep
2011-09-13, 10:08 AM
Mmm, forgot about that, thought you could take two standard actions a round for some reason. You could do that yes, possibly dropping power throw/natural heavy weight or taking a flaw if you're feeling cheesy.

Permanenced Haste, mayhaps?

Demonic_Spoon
2011-09-13, 10:12 AM
Reading the haste spell description that wouldn't actually work, since it only grants you a extra attack if you are using a full round attack action, it doesn't allow you to attack and use a spell-like ability.

ShneekeyTheLost
2011-09-13, 05:11 PM
Look up the War Hulk's ability to chuck boulders. Now see if you can have Gelatinous Cubes count as boulders, with a similar area effect...

Also, wasn't there an Oozemaster PrC somewhere? I'm thinking 3.0, but was never updated...

Calanon
2011-09-13, 06:13 PM
You forgot the part where you ask them if they Jelly... :smalltongue:

Elboxo
2011-09-13, 07:19 PM
As far as hivemind you can get that with a feat, Dark Speech, book of vile darkness, look at the things you can do with it: Hivemind

Demonic_Spoon
2011-09-13, 11:31 PM
As far as hivemind you can get that with a feat, Dark Speech, book of vile darkness, look at the things you can do with it: Hivemind

Yeah, but then it isn't under your control.

Also, wasn't there an Oozemaster PrC somewhere? I'm thinking 3.0, but was never updated...

Masters of the Wild page 67, its abilities are quite sucky however.

No, just get a amulet of natural weapons for the cube and grant it the ghosttouch property. Now you can hit incorperial targets.

Now you can kill things with enchanted jello.

This is awesome. We should add flaming or something while we're at it as well. :smalltongue:

Ahem, and now I shall display my horrible art skills!

"You shall not pass!"

http://i709.photobucket.com/albums/ww99/Demonic_Spoon/gelatinouscubeparty.png

panaikhan
2011-09-14, 07:38 AM

Is this the cue to "throw a wobbly"?

Fouredged Sword
2011-09-14, 07:57 AM
Find some way to make it deal slashing damage and enchant it with voporial. I don't care how, but decapitate someone with jello.

Demonic_Spoon
2011-09-14, 12:14 PM
Find some way to make it deal slashing damage and enchant it with voporial. I don't care how, but decapitate someone with jello.

Flesh to Stone plus Stone Shape plus Stone to Flesh maybe?

ShneekeyTheLost
2011-09-14, 12:19 PM
So basically, the goal of the Jellomancer is to traverse an arbitrary and difficult maze of puzzles with the help of her Companion Cube?

Didn't I play a game like that before...