View Full Version : Buffing the Will Save? (Also BBG questions)

Krüsher
2011-09-11, 07:23 PM
Hey guys, quick question about a character I am playing. He is phrenic, and his main damage output is mind thrust and other silly psi-like abilities. Now I don't usually play quasi-caster characters and I don't really know how I could make it so I basically always do damage. I am already Unseelie Fey and keep invisibility up on myself so I can get close to people, any other ways you guys know of?

On an semi-related note, the campaign I am in lets every player make a world and DM it. My BBG is going to be Mewtwo. A phrenic anthro-kangaroo warlock. Since shadow ball is kinda Mewtwo's thing, but probably wont be his strongest attack, are there any feats he can take so that it is quickened? I want him to show off his signature moves without wasting actions, because with the size and optimization of this group, I'll be lucky if it's 5 rounds.

Flickerdart
2011-09-11, 07:39 PM
Quicken Spell-Like Ability (DMG) does just that - quickens an SLA. Psi-Like Abilities are explicitly stated to count, so just take that and go to town.

As for dealing damage, expecting a 3/day power to be your primary attack mode seems kind of misguided, especially since you can't augment it.

Krüsher
2011-09-11, 07:46 PM
*snip*

As for dealing damage, expecting a 3/day power to be your primary attack mode seems kind of misguided, especially since you can't augment it.

Actually, you can.
http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/monsters/overview.htm

Flickerdart
2011-09-11, 07:57 PM
Oh, well, that's convenient - but it doesn't give you any more uses.

Krüsher
2011-09-11, 10:21 PM
Oh, well, that's convenient - but it doesn't give you any more uses.

This is true. But 1: in my group, we use maybe one attack per encounter. So many people. 2: I have other ways of doin damage. Phrenic is just top.

supermonkeyjoe
2011-09-12, 05:55 AM
ctually, you can't quicken mind thrust PLA :

Psi-Like Abilities And Feats

Creatures with access to psi-like abilities can use the feats Empower Spell-Like Ability and Quicken Spell-Like Ability.

These feats can be used only on psi-like abilities that do not have increased effects due to augmentation. Furthermore, the creature can empower only a psi-like ability with a level less than or equal to half its manifester level (round down) minus 2, and can quicken only a psi-like ability with a level less than or equal to half its manifester level (round down) minus 4.

Flickerdart
2011-09-12, 06:41 AM
I figured the OP's two paragraphs were unrelated, but yeah, there's that. Just find a way to get a Magic Missile SLA or something, or look for a non-augmentable combat power.

Krüsher
2011-09-12, 07:52 AM
Yes, it was more I would want to quicken the eldritch blast. So he could shoot one off and then get on to whatever psionics is more important.

rpgcubed
2011-09-14, 09:59 PM
So you basically chose one of the hardest things to do in 3.5. Congratulations!
The only thing I can think of is using a variety of templates to buff your initial charisma. In particular, look at the Incarnate Construct hack, and Lesser Aasimar as your base race. Half-golem templates could make for an interesting, if slightly overpowered, character, especially with the requisite backstory. I'm not sure how stacking inherited and acquired templates would fly with your DM, though, so be sure to check that before running anything.