PDA

View Full Version : Any way to fast-track a full BAB/Casting PrC?

Rossebay
2011-09-11, 09:42 PM
Are there any feats that will let me fast-track myself into Abjurant Champion or anything else that has full BAB and casting? If so, what?

Dusk Eclipse
2011-09-11, 09:46 PM
Duskblade is a full BAB casting class, only up to level 5 spells and the list is not very good TBH, PHB II

Greenish
2011-09-11, 09:47 PM
Depends on what you mean by "fast track", and how much cheese you can use.

Rossebay
2011-09-11, 09:50 PM
Depends on what you mean by "fast track", and how much cheese you can use.

Hmm..
Fast Track as in, I'd like to start boosting my BAB before Sorcerer level 10, or 8.
If there are any Full BAB-granting casty PrC's you know of, then I'd like to hear about them.

Dusk Eclipse
2011-09-11, 09:50 PM
Dragonwrought Kobolds shenanigans :smallbiggrin:?

Rossebay
2011-09-11, 09:51 PM
Full casting as in up to level 9 spells? I don't think there are any base classes with full BAB that get level 9 spells.

Prestige Classes.

And no kobolding.

For clarification: Sorcerer, starting at level 1. Using a spiked chain (taking feat at level 1, DM says).

Dusk Eclipse
2011-09-11, 09:53 PM
:smallfrown: but Kobolding is fun:smallfrown:

Standard gishers are usually Full BAB class 2 (Paladin is the best one for sorcerer) Sorc 4/ Spellsword 1 (Cwar) and then jump into Abjurant champion

Spellsword is a full bab 5/10 spellcasting Prg class, the first level is pretty good since the pre-requisites are easy

Greenish
2011-09-11, 09:53 PM
You want full casting, no lost caster levels? Well, Battle Sorcerer has medium BAB, but that sucks. You can qualify for medium BAB ruathar pretty soon.

If you can stomach a few lost caster levels, sorcadin is the standard option. Kobold shenanigans can get you up to speed with casting, too.

tyckspoon
2011-09-11, 09:58 PM
Most of the full BAB/full casting PrCs (or casting at 1st level, for the ones that are usually just dipped) that I know of are already gated primarily by BAB, and there aren't any feats that will let you cheat that. So as far as I know, there is nothing that does what you're asking for- closest is to either use Duskblade and deal with its limited list or suck up the spells known and per day hits on the Battle Sorcerer variant.

Rossebay
2011-09-11, 09:59 PM
You want full casting, no lost caster levels? Well, Battle Sorcerer has medium BAB, but that sucks. You can qualify for medium BAB ruathar pretty soon.

If you can stomach a few lost caster levels, sorcadin is the standard option. Kobold shenanigans can get you up to speed with casting, too.

Ruathar will eliminate 2 levels of waiting for that BAB, thanks.