PDA

View Full Version : complete champion question

dhusarra
2011-09-12, 05:21 AM
if you have the war domain and the church of heironeous you must pay separate for each to earn a rank?500gp for war domain and 500gp for the church of heironeous?

KillianHawkeye
2011-09-12, 06:06 AM
No, the domains are listed in case the DM wants to invent different church affiliations not based on the default D&D pantheon.

dhusarra
2011-09-12, 03:20 PM
the heironeous is the tyr in forgotten realms.so i can have the church and his domain to take ranks i think.and stuck cause the tyr has the war domain.so what happens now?must pay separate for each one.

just think that you are in the church of tyr and want to take ranks and in his domain.i think its possible.

KillianHawkeye
2011-09-12, 08:01 PM
If you want additional help, you're going to have to learn to put your thoughts into proper English, because I have no idea what you are trying to say.

herrhauptmann
2011-09-13, 01:23 AM
the heironeous is the tyr in forgotten realms.so i can have the church and his domain to take ranks i think.and stuck cause the tyr has the war domain.so what happens now?must pay separate for each one.

just think that you are in the church of tyr and want to take ranks and in his domain.i think its possible.
So Tyr=Heironeous. No problems there. WHich means that Killians answer should be fine.

No, the domains are listed in case the DM wants to invent different church affiliations not based on the default D&D pantheon.
Sounds good.

The following is pretty much a houserule, I don't have my copy of complete champion handy, so I can't review the rules for affiliation...

Example:
The church is set up with several different areas of focus (domains/portfolios). So a church could have War, and Protection.
You could buy your affiliation in War, gaining titles like Warlord. And you could buy your affiliation in Protection, gaining titles like Guardian.
Meaning, you could eventually max out your character on War, and start buying up on Protection.
Though, I'd say that splitting yourself between two areas would be seen as lacking focus or direction. Perhaps it would be an extra percentage to buy your affiliation in war if you've already got a few ranks in protection. SOmething like having Protection 3, and you want to buy a rank in War, you take the listed price, and increase it by 30% ( number of ranks in non-War affiliation times .30)

dhusarra
If you're not a native english speaker, maybe you could type out your questions in your native language below the english version of the question.
There's probably someone else here who speaks the same language, or has access to a very good translator and could help us understand what you're saying. And if not, you're no worse off than before.

dhusarra
2011-09-13, 02:05 AM
ok let's ask this then.

i am a priest of Tyr and i want an affiliation in his church to earn ranks.in my campaign says that the Heironeous is equivalent of Tyr. so Tyr has the domain of War and i want to take affiliation and in his domain of war.

so its possible to have 2 affiliations?one to Tyr=Heironeous and one in the domain of War cause as i said Tyr has that domain.must pay separate for each affiliation to earn ranks?

Keld Denar
2011-09-13, 02:24 AM
Ah, I understand now. You want to know if you can be a member of 2 affiliations at once, and recieve their bonuses. You could both be a member of the Church of Boccob, and the Paragnostic Assembly, for example. I can't find anything in the rules in the DMGII (which introduces organizations) or CChampion (which has the organizations in question) that states that you CAN'T join more than one. If you did join more than one, you'd have to pay the affiliation costs for both at whatever rank each affiliation score is at. If you were rank 1 with one group and rank 2 with another, you would have had to spend 2500g total to gain the benefits of both.

The only thing I could come up with is this quote from page 29.

If you use the core D&D pantheon in your home game, the material provided here expands on each domain as a philosophy. You can substitute different criteria and benefits from the domain affiliation tables for those in the churches' tables if you want to create a different sect for one of the core deities, or if the church affiliation presented for a given deity doesn't match your concept.

This makes it seem like the domains are a subset of the churches detailed earlier in the chapter. For example, if you want to embrace a sect of Heironeous that venerates Law above all (instead of Good above all as the basic church is set up), you might swap out the Rank3 ability (+1 hit vs evil foes) with the Rank3 ability of Law (+1 hit vs chaotic foes), and within your sect you might earn affiliation for brining lawbreakers to justice (+1 affiliation score) rather than say...thwarting the plots of a Hextorite (also +1 affiliation).

Its ment to be a guide for you and your DM to customize things. That means...consult with your DM for more details.

Hope this helps.

dhusarra
2011-09-13, 08:01 AM
thanx for your help :)