PDA

View Full Version : Is it just me or...?

Gwendol
2011-09-12, 07:03 AM
Isn't this an easy exploit to defeat druids, especially for persuasive characters (like bards)? I mean, all the bard has to do is to Fascinate, then Suggest teaching of the druidic language.

A druid who ceases to revere nature, changes to a prohibited alignment, or teaches the Druidic language to a nondruid loses all spells and druid abilities

If it works it's top shelf stuff together with Shivering Touch and similar.

The Glyphstone
2011-09-12, 09:13 AM
That depends on what you consider 'teaching'. If all the druid has to do is instruct the bard in how to say 'Hello', then sure. If the bard has to actually be capable of communicating and understanding the language, that's gonna take a long time to impart fluency, likely longer than 1 hour/level. And if, somehow, it can be completed in that time, you've immobilized yourself and the target for the entire duration, creating the most horribly inefficient and time-consuming way of stripping someone of their class features ever.

Plus, you'd have to Charm or Dominate them anyways, or once you break/end the Fascinate to start the Suggestion, they can decide to start by teaching you phases like 'why is a giant bear devouring my internal organs'.

Or you can just say it counts as an 'obviously harmful act', since they're explicitly called out as losing all class features if they do it, and say the effect auto-fails. Quicker that way.

Gullintanni
2011-09-12, 09:33 AM
That depends on what you consider 'teaching'. If all the druid has to do is instruct the bard in how to say 'Hello', then sure. If the bard has to actually be capable of communicating and understanding the language, that's gonna take a long time to impart fluency, likely longer than 1 hour/level. And if, somehow, it can be completed in that time, you've immobilized yourself and the target for the entire duration, creating the most horribly inefficient and time-consuming way of stripping someone of their class features ever.

Plus, you'd have to Charm or Dominate them anyways, or once you break/end the Fascinate to start the Suggestion, they can decide to start by teaching you phases like 'why is a giant bear devouring my internal organs'.

Or you can just say it counts as an 'obviously harmful act', since they're explicitly called out as losing all class features if they do it, and say the effect auto-fails. Quicker that way.

Yo G what up?

You should join the rest of the conversation here: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=215086

Everyone knows that's where the cool kids hang out. :smallwink:

Incidentally this thread, and this one: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=215084 are both duplicate threads. I'd bet 2 cp that you could probably lock them both without any protest.

Gwendol
2011-09-12, 09:55 AM
Please do.
For the life of me I can't seem to find where to delete the posts...