PDA

View Full Version : Reflect on my Cleric reflexes.

Garwain
2011-09-12, 09:19 AM
Hi guys, I'd like some advice. I'm playing a lvl2 human cleric in a low op group, other characters are sorcerer, bard and fighter. I rolled a 52 point buy array, so I have to restrain myself from overshadowing.

My character sees 'signs of the gods' everywhere, and that's why cleric 5/divine oracle (2or6)/contemplative X is my build idea for the moment. As you can see, restricted to PHB+CD.

Dex is at 13, hurting my initiative, but mostly a good refl save to take advantage of Divine Oracle (evasion in armor). So, I want to work on that stat/save:
- I prefer not to loose cleric casting levels
- 'standard' books, I'm already going exotic by using CD.
- I don't want to take 'Lighting reflexes' as a feat. Need feats to fuel DMM quicken cheese.

Thanks

PS: I consulted the X to Y thread. Far too exotic, except Pal 2 dip.

Pigkappa
2011-09-12, 09:28 AM
low op group

bard and fighter. I rolled a 52 point buy array, so I have to restrain myself from overshadowing

And then:

Need feats to fuel DMM quicken cheese.

...What!?

TroubleBrewing
2011-09-12, 09:32 AM
Persisting any of the Save boosters will help with it. I built a DMM cleric a while back, and I started numerous threads asking for advice. Got some good pointers. Check out my list of threads, see if you can glean anything useful from it.

Ceaon
2011-09-12, 09:35 AM
...What!?

Indeed. Your easiest solution is just to take Lightning Reflexes instead of (more) DMM Persist Quicken fuel.

Gullintanni
2011-09-12, 09:41 AM
Hi guys, I'd like some advice. I'm playing a lvl2 human cleric in a low op group, other characters are sorcerer, bard and fighter. I rolled a 52 point buy array, so I have to restrain myself from overshadowing.

My character sees 'signs of the gods' everywhere, and that's why cleric 5/divine oracle (2or6)/contemplative X is my build idea for the moment. As you can see, restricted to PHB+CD.

Dex is at 13, hurting my initiative, but mostly a good refl save to take advantage of Divine Oracle (evasion in armor). So, I want to work on that stat/save:
- I prefer not to loose cleric casting levels
- 'standard' books, I'm already going exotic by using CD.
- I don't want to take 'Lighting reflexes' as a feat. Need feats to fuel DMM quicken cheese.

Thanks

PS: I consulted the X to Y thread. Far too exotic, except Pal 2 dip.

You could take 2-3 levels of Prestige Paladin for more BAB and 2/3 casting progression with Divine Grace to top it all off...or Lightning Reflexes. Cause DMM wins everything forever and overshadowing is almost guaranteed.

EDIT: Or I can read the OP post where you specify PHB + CD. Carry on folks. Nothing to see here.

Garwain
2011-09-13, 02:49 AM
You could take 2-3 levels of Prestige Paladin for more BAB and 2/3 casting progression with Divine Grace to top it all off...or Lightning Reflexes. Cause DMM wins everything forever and overshadowing is almost guaranteed.

Hmm, actually those are both good ideas. I'll see if I can let it fly. Thanks.

PS: The quicken DMM is only turned on in emergecies. It's the "Love my character now" button. Not 'I win all' button.

Gullintanni
2011-09-13, 06:12 AM
Hmm, actually those are both good ideas. I'll see if I can let it fly. Thanks.

PS: The quicken DMM is only turned on in emergecies. It's the "Love my character now" button. Not 'I win all' button.

Quicken's not so bad. If you steer clear of DMM Persist you'll be fine. Quicken's powerful but not game breaking...well, no more than the spell you'll be casting would normally be.