PDA

View Full Version : Sequel to "Beetlejuice"?

H Birchgrove
2011-09-12, 10:49 AM
http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/44438646/ns/today-entertainment/#.TmypR-wWauI

I dunno about this. Should have Keaton at least.

Dr.Epic
2011-09-12, 11:22 AM
http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/44438646/ns/today-entertainment/#.TmypR-wWauI

I dunno about this. Should have Keaton at least.

No. No. No. If it's a sequel, it shouldn't have Keaton. It should have Val Kilmer. But wait, if it's a reboot, maybe it should be Christian Bale. A cookie to anyone who actually got that reference.

Also, WHAT!?!? A sequel? Now? Well, the sequel to Tron wasn't too bad. But Crystal Skull was awful. I've frightened.:smalleek:

Cespenar
2011-09-12, 11:39 AM
No. No. No. If it's a sequel, it shouldn't have Keaton. It should have Val Kilmer. But wait, if it's a reboot, maybe it should be Christian Bale. A cookie to anyone who actually got that reference.

I'd suggest giving a cookie to anyone who doesn't get that reference.

MammonAzrael
2011-09-12, 04:14 PM

As long as it's not Clooney. Then we'd all need cookies.

And while I seriously doubt that this could in any way be good, the title should have Beetlejuice in it twice.

Because then we'd get the inevitable third movie, which could be called Bettlejuice, Bettlejuice, Bettlejuice (or B3 for short).

And when the movies come out we can get together, watch the original, and then watch the original again because they never made any sequels.

Traab
2011-09-12, 04:24 PM
You know, a beetlejuice back for revenge flick might not be too bad. I just wish they released some sort of info on what its going to be ABOUT. Will it be the same ghost couple plsu living girl he comes after? is it a next generation thing where wynona had kids and they get to deal with beetleboy? Give us more to work with than, "Its a sequel" dammit!

Lord Seth
2011-09-12, 05:28 PM
I liked the cartoon series more than the movie.

MammonAzrael
2011-09-12, 05:36 PM
I liked the cartoon series more than the movie.

Did you know there are episodes of the cartoon series on the movie DVD?

Starscream
2011-09-12, 05:40 PM

Comfort food won't save us when he trots out with vinyl nipples on his striped suit!

Also: What the what?! A sequel? With a 60 year old Keaton, CGI instead of stop motion, and not Tim Burton at the helm? I think I'll pass.

Dr.Epic
2011-09-12, 09:40 PM

Any chance we could do a prequel with Adam West?:smallbiggrin:

NikitaDarkstar
2011-09-12, 11:23 PM
I'm with Starscream here, I'll pass.

Hollywood, it was fine the first time around. You can't remake it and a sequel this far after the first movie? Just because it worked somewhat with Tron doesn't mean it'll work with Beetlejuice. Now please stop messing with beloved movies from our childhood dammit! >.<

The Succubus
2011-09-13, 04:20 AM
Comfort food won't save us when he trots out with vinyl nipples on his striped suit!

Also: What the what?! A sequel? With a 60 year old Keaton, CGI instead of stop motion, and not Tim Burton at the helm? I think I'll pass.

"not Tim Burton"
"not Tim Burton"
"not Tim Burton"

...does not compute....does not compute.. *head explodes*

RabbitHoleLost
2011-09-14, 07:48 AM
Back in my Beetlejuice obsession/fangirling in December, I'd read about this. Its supposed to be, or atleast, last time I'd heard, "Beetlejuice goes to Hawaii", wherein Beetlejuice actually saves the day.
Tim Burton had the plot roughly sketched out, but couldn't find anyone to write it out fully. Kevin Smith denied, claiming that there really wasn't anything to make a sequel with, and by the time a company picked it up, Winona Ryder was/is too old to reprise her role as Lydia, even though Michael Keaton has stated multiple times he'd love to play Beetlejuice again.

I find it very unlikely they'd do a sequel now, but I'd like it, all the same.

Edit: Duuurrrr, I actually read the article. Seems like they scrapped the Goes to Hawaii bit. Mmm, I could dig this.

Traab
2011-09-14, 07:58 AM
See now, I could understand keaton wanting to play that role again. Its one of those parts where you are encouraged to go nuts and have fun with it.

Metahuman1
2011-09-14, 11:57 AM
The real reason it worked for Tron was because the original Tron was "Let's see just how far we can push the envelop on the special effects."

That's the sort of thing they should go back and try to top every five too ten years anyway, just too see how far the limits of the tech have grown.

Dr.Epic
2011-09-14, 01:56 PM

I didn't get the reference. What does it mean? Does it have something to do with Terminator? I'm confused.

JadedDM
2011-09-14, 03:06 PM
I didn't get the reference. What does it mean? Does it have something to do with Terminator? I'm confused.

It's a reference to Batman, and all of the men who have played him in movies.

Dr.Epic
2011-09-14, 04:10 PM
It's a reference to Batman, and all of the men who have played him in movies.

OH! Thanks. The guy who made that original reference should have been more clear about that. Man, I hate that guy! Dr. what's-his-name.:smallmad: I always hate how he tries and pretends he doesn't know what Dr. Horrible is yet his screen name and avatar are clearly based on them. Why won't someone just ban him already and do the entire forum a favor?:smallwink:

Bearpunch
2011-09-14, 08:44 PM
Actually, I could do without Tim Burton at the helm, the only good movie he made was Mars Attacks! (+5 internets to the reference!)

But honestly, the man hasn't had an original thought since the 90's.

Oh god... what have I done... PROTECTION FROM FIRE!

Psyren
2011-09-14, 10:01 PM
I prefer the Gawker headline. (http://gawker.com/5838107/hollywood-still-determined-to-ruin-absolutely-everything)

How could they do this and not give it to Burton?

More importantly, how could they do this?

Tirian
2011-09-14, 10:16 PM
They could do it the same way they're rebooting Buffy the Vampire Slayer without Joss Whedon or making all of Alan Moore's movies despite Alan Moore nuking those projects from orbit.

I'm sure they've got a name attached to the lead, which is going to be the only hook. Just like Jim Carrey deciding that he wanted to put his stamp on the Grinch or Johnny Depp on Willy Wonka or Steve Martin on Inspector Clouseau* despite the fact that the originally media was unimpeachable in every way. I expect that this would be no different if it made it to theaters: a critical disappointment that would only make money to the degree that people chose to pay to watch a train wreck in slow motion.

* (I'm tempted to include Harrison Ford trying to play Indiana Jones after two decades of crappy career.)

Elrik
2011-09-15, 01:09 AM
I liked the movie (even though the part where the stretch faces scared the bricks out of me).

I recall watching the animated series when I was a kid but I don't remember enough of it.

If they have a sequel, they have to make the visuals terrifying, maybe bring the face stretch back so I can lose it again.

Also, WHAT!?!? A sequel? Now? Well, the sequel to Tron wasn't too bad. But Crystal Skull was awful. I've frightened.:smalleek:

So, if they make a prequel, will we see TV's Adam West?

EDIT: You already made that joke, sorry.

I'd actually probably like Heath Ledger as Beetlejuice, if he was still around.

Traab
2011-09-15, 09:23 AM
I liked the movie (even though the part where the stretch faces scared the bricks out of me).

I recall watching the animated series when I was a kid but I don't remember enough of it.

If they have a sequel, they have to make the visuals terrifying, maybe bring the face stretch back so I can lose it again.

So, if they make a prequel, will we see TV's Adam West?

EDIT: You already made that joke, sorry.

I'd actually probably like Heath Ledger as Beetlejuice, if he was still around.

I dunno, while I think a joker style beetlejuice is actually pretty spot on, it needs to be the RIGHT joker version. Heaths one would be great for a horror film style beetlejuice, but a somewhat malicious prankster would fit in more with the classic style.

Tirian
2011-09-15, 02:41 PM
... but there is already a series of horror movies where you say someone's name three times and they show up to kill you in a creative way.

Dr.Epic
2011-09-16, 12:30 PM
Could be worse. It could be in 3D. Wait, is it in 3D?:smalleek: I'm scared now.

Bhu
2011-09-17, 05:02 PM
The last rumor I'd heard they were going to try to get winona ryder to play an older wiser Lydia who is raising a family when beetlejuice comes back for revenge. Not sure if want.