PDA

View Full Version : [PF] Need Help With Charecter.

SirDalyus
2011-09-12, 11:02 AM
I'm Having trouble comming up with a charecter for a pathfinder game I'm running. I'm playing a Level Five druegar and I could use some help deciding how to flesh him out. The idea is he is part of the night watch of a massive citystate. He is dedicated to the justice being done, and has no qualms about breaking the law to do so. I've decided that chaotic neutral is a fitting alignment for him, but can see a point for lawful neutral.

My charecter has already picked up three levels in inquisitor. I can retrain feats and skills. I was thinking of going into shadowdancer for three levels to get shadow jump. Have any of you fellow playgrounders got any classes or prcs that fit flavourwise? Or feats.

subject42
2011-09-12, 11:52 AM
My charecter has already picked up three levels in inquisitor. I can retrain feats and skills. I was thinking of going into shadowdancer for three levels to get shadow jump. Have any of you fellow playgrounders got any classes or prcs that fit flavourwise? Or feats.

I would honestly suggest avoiding prestige classes in Pathfinder. They tend to do unpleasant things to your character in the long run, compared to single-classing.

Are you using the Paizo Duergar or the Dreamscarred Press Duergar?

SirDalyus
2011-09-12, 12:27 PM
Paizo Druegar. So avoid the three level dip in shadowdancer then?

subject42
2011-09-12, 12:36 PM
Paizo Druegar. So avoid the three level dip in shadowdancer then?

Three levels is a lot for a class that has both casting and scaling class features. If you can retrain, the Travel Domain (http://www.pathfindersrd.com/classes/core-classes/cleric/domains/paizo---domains/travel-domain) grants you a teleportation like movement effect at 8th level.

Alternately, you can take the Shadow Bloodline (http://www.pathfindersrd.com/classes/core-classes/sorcerer/bloodlines/bloodlines-from-paizo/shadow-bloodline) powers through Improved Eldritch Heritage, but that requires good charisma and three feats.