PDA

View Full Version : Converting AGDQ to 3.PF

Tanuki Tales
2011-09-12, 11:08 AM
As suggested by both the awesome Mark Hall and by a friend of mine at work, I've decided to run my 3.PF Eberron group through the AGDQ adventure path (and a campaign journal will be forthcoming when it starts).

I'm currently in the middle of converting the Temple level of A1 to 3.PF and have read through most of the Sewer level as well.

Are there any tips, tricks or pit falls I should look for when converting this entire path from AD&D to a newer edition (and no, I don't mean flat conversion; I am doing a total rewrite with the setting and plot only being changed as necessary [such as replacing the Half-Orcs and Orcs with Goatfolk and a few Changelings when necessary])?

Like for example: I noticed that the fight in room 18 might be too much for a party of level 4 characters since they're expected to fight 3 Fighters in Full-plate, a Cleric, a hidden rogue and then a Troll two rounds into the combat. So of course this is something I need to change/fiddle around with.

Yora
2011-09-12, 11:23 AM
Care to mention what AGDQ stands for? :smallwink:

I assume it's an AD&D adventure.

Tanuki Tales
2011-09-12, 11:26 AM
Care to mention what AGDQ stands for? :smallwink:

I assume it's an AD&D adventure.

I would if I knew myself. :smallredface:

My friend has the complete path in print and he's supposed to be getting me a list of all the different modules so I can hunt for them.

All I know is A1 is Slave Pits of the Undercity and that Q is the Demonweb pits if memory serves.