PDA

View Full Version : Ur-vindicator suggestions

Hirax
2011-09-12, 12:44 PM
Starting a level 20 game soon, and I rolled the following as stats (4d6, reroll 1s, drop lowest, sequential, no switching). We are required to be human, no templates. This will probably last 5-7 sessions, but there will be no leveling.
str: 14
dex: 14
con: 6 (OUCH)
int: 14
wis: 18
cha: 18

After a rocky start I came up big in the end. For some reason this tempts me into playing a LE ur-vindicator. Since alignment and fluff are totally mutable, I came up with this:
Human paragon1/crusader4/ur-priest2/paladin of tyranny2/pious templar1/RKV7/human paragon+2

Pious templar is pretty much for mettle, and is expendable if anyone can think of anything better. Human paragon 2 and 3 as well. I'm not worried about missing immortal fortitude, I prefer aura of perfect order.

I've only used 19/20 levels, and I'm also only at 9/10 on ur-priest casting. I'm also totally at a loss for feat selection, other than using the ol' hole for iron will, which at level 20 is totally worth the dent in WBL. I currently have no word on what anyone else will be playing.

subject42
2011-09-12, 12:47 PM
That con score is a killer, especially at high levels like that. Could you maybe muck around with Walker in the Waste to get the undead type without a template?

Hirax
2011-09-12, 12:49 PM
That con score is a killer, especially at high levels like that. Could you maybe muck around with Walker in the Waste to get the undead type without a template?

Already asked about becoming undead, it's forbidden in any fashion. Even risen martyr from BoED is out.

Flickerdart
2011-09-12, 12:51 PM
I don't think a god would accept an Ur-Priest worshipper, not would an Ur-Priest want to worship a god. A living god, anyway. Therefore, the answer is to kill Wee Jas, take that one feat, and then worship her corpse. :smalltongue:

Hirax
2011-09-12, 05:05 PM
After reading the adaption section for ur-priests, I think my character will be an ur-priest with the goal of elevating someone/something else to godhood. Or maybe I'm just an infiltrator into the RKV order, and I'm really trying to destroy Wee Jas!

faceroll
2011-09-12, 06:11 PM
Faerie Mysteries Initiate keys your HP off of int instead of con. From some DR magazine. Requires you to **** a fey.

Urpriest
2011-09-12, 08:27 PM
Especially with your low spells per day, DMM Persist is a good direction. That will take up a significant number of your feats. If Nightsticks stack, consider Craft Rod as well to reduce costs. DMM Quicken lets you abuse your RKV powers.

Hirax
2011-09-12, 11:20 PM
I got permission to waive the elf requirement for seeker of the misty isle. Basically I wanted travel devotion. Contemplative will taken for the time domain which gets me good spells and improved initiative. I'm going to bite the bullet and not take able learner, and torch all my skill points for ur-priest. This puts me at:
Paragon1/Crusader4/ur-priest2/paladin2/seeker1/contemplative1/RKV7/paragon2

Here's the feat progression plan so far:
Hole: Iron will
Human: Spell focus (evil)
1: Law devotion (very much up for grabs, would trickery be better given my terrible con?)
3: Quicken spell
6: Persist spell
9: Twin spell
12: Practiced caster
15: DMM twin
18: DMM quicken
Seeker (10): travel devotion
Contemplative (11): improved initiative
Paragon2 (19): DMM persist

Now I need to plan how to maximize turn attempts, and how to spend my WBL. Nightsticks do not stack. Level 20 WBL is 760k, here's what I have so far, suggestions are very welcome, as I'm at a meager 16 turn attempts.

+5 str item (25k)
+6 con item (36k)
+6 dex item (36k)
+6 wis item (36k)
+6 cha item (36k)
After 5 stat bumps from levels, and also human paragon, this will put me at 20/20/12/14/30/24
Sub total 169k

Otyugh hole 3k
Nightstick (+4 turns) 7.5k
Reliquary holy symbol (+2 turns, will refluff it) 1k
Handy haversack (2k)
Cloak of resistance +5 (25k)
Gem of heavy fortification (35k)
Sub total 73.5k

+5 soulfire (immunity to negative energy, death attacks, other stuff, +4) nimble (gets rid of armor check penalty) (100k)
Mithral breastplate (4.2k)
Glamered (2.7k)
Durable (rust monster and ooze immunity) (.5k)
Healing (auto heal if you hit are at -1 through -9 HP) (8k)
Landing (ignore 60' falling, land on your feet no matter how far you fall) (4k)
Speed (immediate action 1 round haste 3x daily) 6k
Crystal of screening (undead touch attacks take -10 penalty against you) (3k)
Subtotal 124.4
Total 366.9

Nohwl
2011-09-13, 02:05 PM
trickery devotion depends on if you are playing with errata or not. you could use extend spell to extend the spells you are persisting, so they last for 48 hours instead of 24. you might want to drop a few of the dmm feats you have, or pick up cheaper ones (or even replace them with extra turning). using persist once leaves you with 9 turn attempts for one more use of persist or using twin or quicken once.

edit: where are you getting extend spell from?