PDA

View Full Version : Geysers

chinlamp
2011-09-12, 06:52 PM
I've looked at Stormwrack and there doesn't seem to be any mention of them. As natural water hazards, I don't really know where else to look. Are there rules for geysers?

If there aren't, are there any rules for tidal caverns? That is, caverns that flood with the tide. What about rules for being in front of the entrance point when the water comes rushing in?

Any suggestions on how to home brew this, should none of these ideas ever have been put in source books (I don't have access to Dungeon magazine), would be helpful.

Urpriest
2011-09-12, 08:33 PM
Geysers don't really do a rising tide thing.

That said, if you want to flood an enclosed area slowly, I believe there are rules in the DMGII for just such a thing. I used them for a sci-fi pbp recently.

chinlamp
2011-09-12, 08:38 PM
Geysers don't really do a rising tide thing.

That said, if you want to flood an enclosed area slowly, I believe there are rules in the DMGII for just such a thing. I used them for a sci-fi pbp recently.

Hah, just as I was writing in an edit.

Yeah, the area I'm designing is underwater and if a PC happens to break a wall, I wanted rules for a geyser as the pressure pushes the water in. Figured that would be the best equivalent.

Thanks, I'll look in the DMG2 (didn't think to look there as I don't own a copy).

Urpriest
2011-09-12, 08:57 PM
If that's what you meant by geyser, then DMGII is even better: I think it specifically has rules for what happens when they open the door into a flooded area.