PDA

View Full Version : Need help with a Bullrushing build.

Tvtyrant
2011-09-12, 08:26 PM
I am trying to get a Warforged Dungeoncrashing Fighter to go into first Warforged Juggernaut for four levels and then into War Hulk for ten. This gets four time strength to damage on a successful bullrush (3 from Fighter, 1 from Juggernaut) and some pointless bonus damage (2d8). The strength should be around 40, so about 160 a round.

My problem is I cannot seem to qualify for everything the way I want. Anyone got suggestions?

Zaq
2011-09-12, 08:32 PM
What level are you looking at, how many flaws are you willing to take, what's absolutely critical and what's expendable, and how much BAB are you willing to lose?

Talentless
2011-09-12, 08:33 PM
I am trying to get a Warforged Dungeoncrashing Fighter to go into first Warforged Juggernaut for four levels and then into War Hulk for ten. This gets four time strength to damage on a successful bullrush (3 from Fighter, 1 from Juggernaut) and some pointless bonus damage (2d8). The strength should be around 40, so about 160 a round.

My problem is I cannot seem to qualify for everything the way I want. Anyone got suggestions?

What are you starting with?

Can't really tell you how to get the qualifications if we don't have a starting point.

Tvtyrant
2011-09-12, 08:41 PM
32 point buy, focused on con and strength. Haven't set anything in stone yet, as the campaign hasn't started. It will be starting at level 5, so I was thinking Dungeoncrasher Fighter. 2 flaws allowed. The things I really want are Warforged Juggernaut and to be bullrushing based, since the Juggernaut gives a lot of immunities and grants bonuses to bullrushing. The Dungeoncrasher came out of the Juggernaut, since they have synergy. War Hulk makes it do actual damage, and much more likely to actually succeed on a check.

Zaq
2011-09-12, 08:55 PM
How do you intend to qualify for War Hulk, just special GM permission? Don't you have to be Large? The typical Enlarge Person + Permanency route (risky though it is!) doesn't work on warforged, after all.

Anyway, what exactly are you having difficulty qualifying for? Or was War Hulk it?

Tvtyrant
2011-09-12, 08:59 PM
How do you intend to qualify for War Hulk, just special GM permission? Don't you have to be Large? The typical Enlarge Person + Permanency route (risky though it is!) doesn't work on warforged, after all.

Anyway, what exactly are you having difficulty qualifying for? Or was War Hulk it?

Warhulk. One option someone mentioned was have a caster PAO me into a warforged charger, which is large.

Urpriest
2011-09-12, 08:59 PM

He asked about War Hulk in the RAW Q&A thread, so that's probably it.

Stoneblessed+Barbarian is a reasonably common route, though a bit feat/level intensive. Enough War Mind or Psychic Warrior to get Expansion would also work, as would one of various ways of getting Alter Self (since Warforged Charger is a pretty nice form for that anyway).

Tvtyrant
2011-09-12, 09:01 PM
Tauric Belt appears to solve my problem; as long as I get one by level 10 I will be able to take Warhulk. Thanks everyone!