PDA

View Full Version : Need help with a high charisma race

Daitini Peck
2011-09-13, 11:12 AM
So my DM is having us make two characters for her campaign, both lvl 7.

One good, one evil.

My good character is a pixie beguiler.

But for the heck of it, I thought I'd make an evil Warmage (I know a lot of people frown on warmage).

But what I'm looking for is a being with a high charisma score, it can be from any 3.5 book.

I remember (maybe wrongly) that aside from the pixie, there is a playable monster class that has a +6 or +8 to it's charisma score. I just can't remember the book...I used the race a year ago to go warmage/rainbow servant

Level adjustment can be up to 5.

Thanks for your help.

Morquard
2011-09-13, 11:19 AM
There's teh Rakshasa with +6 cha but has a LA +7
Domovoi from Frostburn has +6, LA 2

Didn't find any with +8

grarrrg
2011-09-13, 11:41 AM
...high charisma score...Level adjustment can be up to 5.

Thanks for your help.

I assume that means you get up to +5 LA free?

I have links to +0-through-+2 LA race listing in my sig.

At +0LA you only get +2 Cha, either paired with -2 Con, or with +2 Wis.

At +1LA you still only get +2 Cha, but better other stats.

At +2LA there is the Petal, Tiny Fey with +8 Cha

WOW! Cha got the short end of the stick when it came to racial bonuses.

My advice? Templates.

Garagos
2011-09-13, 11:42 AM
Vampires get a big Cha bonus, i think +4 or +6 but also a hefty LA. If you're ok with just a +2 bonus, FR has a race called Star Elf. Their LA is either +0 or +1 I believe.

Andion Isurand
2011-09-13, 02:00 PM
Don't forget about the magic blooded template from Dragon 306... for no increase in LA... it gives -2 Wis and +2 Cha (among other things).

----------------------------------

Obah-Blessed template from Dungeon Magazine 136 is a fun one to look at.

+2 Str, +4 Dex, +2 Con, +4 Cha
one extra pair of arms
multi-weapon fighting bonus feat
+2 LA

-- or --

+4 Str, +6 Dex, +4 Con, +6 Cha
two extra pairs of arms
multi-weapon fighting bonus feat
+3 LA

Then you could consider the Draconic Template at +1 LA... for +2 Str, +2 Con and +2 Cha (among other things) so you can put claws on all those extra arms.

Primordial Giant template -- Secrets of Xendrik, pg. 81

it gives a giant -4 Str, -2 Con, +4 Int, +4 Cha (among other things)...for no increase in LA

sreservoir
2011-09-13, 07:55 PM
half-fey (or phrenic) draconic unseelie fey magic-blooded petal is +18, I think, at LA +5?

Half-orc Bard
2011-09-13, 08:06 PM
half-fey (or phrenic) draconic unseelie fey magic-blooded petal is +18, I think, at LA +5?
I suddenly want to make a sorcerer

Hirax
2011-09-13, 08:13 PM
A phrenic draconic half-fey lesser aasimar Would have +2 str, +2 int, +4 wis, +12 charisma at 5 level adjustment. Half-fey would give you wings and spell like abilities, and phrenic gets you a bunch of good psi like abilities. If you're willing to be exalted, saint is also a great template.

edit: unseelie fey could be added as well since it's LA+0 somehow, but it might be frowned upon.

hex0
2011-09-13, 08:42 PM
A phrenic draconic half-fey lesser aasimar

Must have been a crazy night this character was conceived...

Succubus/Incubus have insane CHA. You could reduce the at-will abilities to a few times per day and make a lesser one with a lower LA, possibly.

There are also variant rules for half-fiend (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/we/20060630a) that you could shuffle your stats for more cha bonus. Play a half-succubus/incubus instead. Str +2, Dex +2, Int +4, and Cha +8, instead of Str +4, Dex +4, Con +2, Int +4, Cha +2 for half-fiend template. (+4)

deuxhero
2011-09-13, 08:52 PM

No wonder the kid wound up Evil.

sreservoir
2011-09-13, 09:32 PM

not really. phrenic is sort of a freak occurence, and thus has little to do with that night. draconic and aasimar only requires some sort of dragon or celestial somewhere along the line. it's easy to imagine a bloodline with both celestial and dragon in it, since they aren't really opposed, and dragons can reproduce with just about anything corporeal with a Con score ... which includes even lantern archons, hmm.

dragon + aasimar -> half-dragon aasimar; half-dragon aasimar + a few generations of non-dragon aasimar -> draconic aasimar; draconic aasimar + some fey -> half-fey aasimar, which might happen to be phrenic.

okay, maybe that was a bit contrived.

Safety Sword
2011-09-13, 09:38 PM
high charisma race

Miss Universe contest? :smallsigh:

By the way a phrenic draconic half-fey lesser aasimar is not so much a race as it is a mad geneticists blender leftovers.

Seriously, don't do template stacking like that unless you can cast an actual Shield spell to deflect the DMG that is thrown at you.

Dusk Eclipse
2011-09-13, 09:40 PM
I can't believe this is the time when suggesting a Great Wyrm Dragonwrought Kobold wouldn't be the that cheesy...

Playground I am impressed and proud:smallamused:

Half-orc Bard
2011-09-14, 02:57 AM
oh and be old it boosts Cha

ericgrau
2011-09-14, 07:55 PM
Nixie is +8 cha for only 3 LA; a good base for a crazy template. Half a dozen 2 LA options to hit +12 cha at 5 LA.

Ajadea
2011-09-14, 08:19 PM
I'll second ericgrau and vote nixie. Phrenic Nixie is +12 Charisma on a +5 LA chassis. Not very weird, but rather flavorful, and ever so slightly reminiscent of your pixie character. And hey, you're a little green psychic thing! How cool is that?

Lord Ruby34
2011-09-14, 08:20 PM
Add magic blooded for an additional +2.

faceroll
2011-09-14, 08:27 PM
Warforged -2 Cha, +0 LA
Unseelie Fey +2 Cha, +0 LA
Magic Blooded +2 Cha, +0 LA
Incarnate Construct +0 Cha, -2 LA
Middle Age +2 cha
Necropolitan +0 charisma, -1 level & some exp
Evolved Template Applied 7 times +14 cha

Total: +20 Charisma for 5 LA and no racial HD.

grarrrg
2011-09-14, 08:56 PM
Warforged -2 Cha, +0 LA
Middle Age +2 cha

You sir, win an internets AND a cookie.

sreservoir
2011-09-15, 04:01 PM
Warforged -2 Cha, +0 LA
Middle Age +2 cha

doesn't work. incarnate construct doesn't work on fey, which unseelie fey turns you into. incarnate also applies only to existing LA and cannot bring it below 0. and you lose your 1st-level feats.

Daitini Peck
2011-09-15, 04:46 PM
I'm not sure if the book Bastards and Bloodlines is allowed, but if so, I did find one LA+5 race called an Alicorn which gets +2 str, +4 dex, +4 con, +4 wis, and +6 con....

I think it might be from 3.0 though...

[EDIT]

Also found the Houri race in the book, +2 to dex, int, and wis, with a +8 to CHA
LA of 5

faceroll
2011-09-15, 04:52 PM
Applying evolved 5 times for +5 LA gets you +10 str, +10 cha.

grarrrg
2011-09-15, 06:34 PM
doesn't work. incarnate construct doesn't work on fey, which unseelie fey turns you into. incarnate also applies only to existing LA and cannot bring it below 0. and you lose your 1st-level feats.

Your internets has been temporarily rescinded following the inquisition.

You make keep the cookie.

Paul H
2011-09-15, 08:48 PM
Hi

Shame it's not PF. Cha 22 is easy enough as a 1st lvl Synthesist for:

Gnome, Halfling, Human, Half Elf, Half Orc

Including normal stat increases, you can make that 23 at 6th lvl, 27 at 12th, etc. Add headband of Charisma or Eagle's Splendour to all that...

Thanks
Paul H
Edit: That'll be Cha 23 at lvl 5. Plus all the other stuff. (Nat AC, extra HP, other evolutions (like flying) etc. and Spellcasting. (Haste is 2nd lvl spell for Summoner/Synthesists).

Thanks
Paul H

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2011-09-15, 09:14 PM
A variant Half-Fiend (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/we/20060630a) would probably work. Based on a Succubus it would probably give something like Str +2, Dex +2, Con +2, Int +4, Cha +8, +2 natural armor, wings, DR/Cold Iron, and you'd have to switch some of the default spell-like abilities to Charm Monster, Detect Thoughts, Ethereal Jaunt, and Suggestion.

A Half-Giant with the Primordial Giant template from Secrets of Xen'drik would get Int +4 and Cha +4 for only +1 LA, you could add Phrenic on there for another Int +2, Cha +4 for a total +3 LA. I've always liked the idea of a big guy character who's a powerful spellcaster instead of a physically strong combatant.

Paul H
2011-09-15, 09:26 PM
Hi

How about the Evil Gnome syndrome?

Gnome w/Pyromaniac Racial Trait
Synthesist 1/Sorc (Crossblood: Draconic Fire/Elemental Fire) 6

Your Fireballs now do 8D8+8 Fire. DC 19 Reflex. (DC 20 w/Spell Focus Fire).

Change any elemental spell to Fire. Add +1 dam/dam dice to any fire spell. Add +2CL to any Fire spell. Replace Gnome's normal SLA's with fire based ones.

But that's just PF for you..... :P

Thanks
Paul H
PS You've also got the spells/abilities of 1st lvl Synthesist (SUmmoner Archetype)