PDA

View Full Version : Charisma Based Gestalt

GideonRiddle
2011-09-13, 12:20 PM
One of my players in my Gestalt campaign is playing a Sorc/FS and I am looking for useful Cha dips they could use.

Build Currently:
Sorcerer 4/Paladin 2/Fighter 1//Favored Soul 4/Mystic Theurge 3

His plan is to after MT to go into Geomancer/FS for the last 6 levels.

So far I have suggested Marshal 1(for Spell Penetration Aura) and Monk 2 (Aesthetic Mage) for Cha to AC and Evasion.

Which leaves a total of 3 levels that he does not know what will go with MT.
(Another level of Fighter is in there also)

The final result will look something like:

Sorc 4/Pal 2/Ftr 2/ Monk 2/ Marshal 1/??? 3/Geomancer 6//FS 4/MT 10/ FS 6

I am open to suggestions, as I just can't think of any others.

Please & Thank you.

Keld Denar
2011-09-13, 12:32 PM
Binder for 3 levels will get you up to a 3rd level vestage if you drop a feat on Improved Binding (EBL of 5 = 3rd level vestage). Foculor is a popular 3rd level vestage for debuffing your foes to make them more vulnerable to your and your allies attacks.

You might want to check with your DM..."theurge" type PrCs are highly recommended against in gestalt because of the already duel nature of gestalt. Just a word of warning.

A gestalt character can’t combine two prestige classes at any level, although it’s okay to combine a prestige class and a regular class. Prestige classes that are essentially class combinations-such as the arcane trickster, mystic theurge, and eldritch knight-should be prohibited if you’re using gestalt classes, because they unduly complicate the game balance of what’s already a high-powered variant. Because it’s possible for gestalt characters to qualify for prestige classes earlier than normal, the game master is entirely justified in toughening the prerequisites of a prestige class so it’s available only after 5th level, even for gestalt characters.

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2011-09-13, 12:43 PM
You might want to check with your DM..."theurge" type PrCs are highly recommended against in gestalt because of the already duel nature of gestalt. Just a word of warning.

It looks like he is the DM...

Replace Monk 2 with (Unarmed) Swordsage 2, he'll still be able to switch it to Cha with Ascetic Mage and he'll be able to wear light armor and keep the bonus. That will also give him some useful maneuvers and stances of up to 3rd level, even higher if he takes those levels later.

Arcane Duelist (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/re/20030224a) 2 adds your Cha bonus to AC as a Dodge bonus. Its 3rd level ability has some interesting interaction with two-handed Power Attack. You can get its feat prerequisites with Cobra-Strike Monk (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/classes/variantCharacterClasses.htm#monkVariantFightingSty les) 2.

Mystic Wanderer 1 from Magic of Faerun adds your Cha bonus to your AC as a Sacred or Profane bonus, but only when you're unarmored.

Godskook
2011-09-13, 02:20 PM
Replace Monk 2 with (Unarmed) Swordsage 2, he'll still be able to switch it to Cha with Ascetic Mage and he'll be able to wear light armor and keep the bonus. That will also give him some useful maneuvers and stances of up to 3rd level, even higher if he takes those levels later.

Specifically, if he has at least 8 levels before taking it, he can grab all 3 concentration-save maneuvers, which with skill check optimization, will still be higher than even his Cha saves.

----------------

@OP, is this his 'current plan', or is his character already in play? Cause there's significant improvement to be had(while still sticking with the Cha-based caster with gish-like bonuses).

GideonRiddle
2011-09-13, 04:24 PM
They are currently at Level 7 and at 8 he plans to take a level of Fighter.

Edit: He is playing a Lawful Good Human Female. Just in case this changes things.