PDA

View Full Version : America's Got Talent

Tragic_Comedian
2011-09-13, 08:33 PM
Anybody watching the finals tonight? Who's your favorite to win the competition? Discuss.

Personally, unless Poplyfe absolutely kills it tonight, I think Landau Eugene Murphy's gonna be the winner.

Fjolnir
2011-09-13, 09:17 PM
I am hoping for Team iLuminate or Silhouettes personally, I like Landau Eugene Murphy Jr, but those have been my favorites the entire run so far.

Tragic_Comedian
2011-09-13, 09:25 PM
Silhouettes did really awesome tonight... By far their best performance. I was never a fan of Team iLuminate, they're too much of a Fighting Gravity ripoff. My prediction is: Landau, Silhouettes, iLuminate, Poplyfe (love 'em, but they just didn't deliver tonight).

Fjolnir
2011-09-13, 09:40 PM
I never really got into poplyfe and last week they were way too fast on their song for my tastes...

Watching it off my DVR currently, watching poplyfe perform, bad song selection the Queen catalog has so many good songs in it and to pick that set was a bit cliched. I would rather have heard "Don't Stop me Now" or "Bohemian Rhapsody" than "We Will Rock You/ We are the Champions" and I don't think I'm alone in that.

Mauve Shirt
2011-09-13, 10:10 PM
Poplyfe made a big mistake. They chose a song that was beneath her register, and that didn't have enough musicality to make the rest of them stand out. I think Tragic Comedian has the lineup right. Landau, Silhouettes, iLuminate, Poplyfe.

Starwulf
2011-09-13, 11:47 PM
As much as I sympathize with Landau, I very much want to see Team iLuminate win, they absolutely killed it tonight, best performance of the entire show. Personally, I'm also sick and tired of singing acts win. This isn't American Idol, it's Americas Got Talent, and iLuminate is far superior to Landau in sheer talent!

Fjolnir
2011-09-14, 01:04 AM
I admit, I think about not just the most talented act but the one I would pay to see for about an hour at this point. I can go see a crooner in Vegas, I never really liked Poplyfe so an hour would not be desirable for me so it falls to which of the dance acts I prefer. I would be happy to spend my money to see either of those shows perform live.

In a completely unrelated and old note I thought it was funny when the Kinetic King was eliminated, you could see it in the judges faces that they were fully prepared to pass him into the next round unanimously when he left.

Starwulf
2011-09-14, 05:56 AM
I admit, I think about not just the most talented act but the one I would pay to see for about an hour at this point. I can go see a crooner in Vegas, I never really liked Poplyfe so an hour would not be desirable for me so it falls to which of the dance acts I prefer. I would be happy to spend my money to see either of those shows perform live.

In a completely unrelated and old note I thought it was funny when the Kinetic King was eliminated, you could see it in the judges faces that they were fully prepared to pass him into the next round unanimously when he left.

Awwwhh yeah.

Tragic_Comedian
2011-09-14, 09:09 PM
Just watched the finale. Spoilered for the benefit on the West Coast:My predictions were all correct. Go Landau! He's sure made West Virginia proud.