PDA

View Full Version : Warrior of Chaos type Prestige Class? Where?!

Darklady2831
2011-09-13, 10:05 PM
So I'm trying to make a character for an upcoming campaign, and while we're only starting at 1st level, I'm going to be planning my character extensively, and I'm aiming for the "Chosen of the Dark Gods" type of character, beast in melee, with divine spellcasting to boot.

I'm aiming for him to be along the lines of a Warrior of Chaos in flavour, but probably Neutral Evil.

So my problem is, I can't find a prestige class I like that enhances that theme. Sure I could just go straight Cleric, but... thats BOOOORING.

Weezer
2011-09-13, 10:44 PM
Cleric/Crusader/Ruby Knight Vindicator (refluffed for your dark god of choice) could work very well. A good combination of Melee and divine casting with all the deliciousness of RKV slathered on top.

Darklady2831
2011-09-13, 10:56 PM
Might I ask where Ruby Knight Vindicator is located?

Psyren
2011-09-13, 10:57 PM
Might I ask where Ruby Knight Vindicator is located?

Tome of Battle
Also, to me, "Warrior of Chaos" screams Barbarian; if you want divine spells, maybe Runescarred Berserker?

Acanous
2011-09-13, 11:00 PM
Chaos in 40K fluff is more Arcane casting than Divine, though.
If you're stuck to By the Book, Wiz1/Spirit Lion Totem Barbarian/Rage Mage (Use Precotious Apprentice for early entry) into Frenzied Berserker.

If you're allowed to refluff, Champion of Gwynhyrwyf is pretty much exactly what you're looking for.

Darklady2831
2011-09-13, 11:03 PM
True about in 40k, however in Fantasy, it could go either way, seeing how they're some of the few actual active gods. So, this champion, which book is it in?

I should probably note, I'm limited to the PHB, DMG, MIC, 3 of the Complete Series (I choose any of them), And one other book outside those.

Weezer
2011-09-13, 11:22 PM
As someone earlier said Ruby Knight Vindicator is from Tome of Battle.

Champion of Gwynharwyf is in Book of Exalted Deeds

How much divine spellcasting do you want the character to have? Should he be mostly a warrior or a caster?

A Paladin of Tyranny based sorcadin would work for both a Slanneshi or Tzeneetchian style Chaos Warrior.

Darklady2831
2011-09-13, 11:26 PM
I definately want lots of spells in the fighting, but mostly buffs to make him a better warrior. Divine Power is a must :P.

I'm actually aiming for a more... Everchosen, feel. Like Archaon. Favoured of all of them :P

Acanous
2011-09-13, 11:30 PM
Well, the first example with Rage Mage is more of Khorne. The Champion of Gwyn meets some of what you want, but you'll need to refluff it (Or you're playing a [good] champion of Chaos o.0) Given the selection you've got there, your best bet may in fact be to grab either Book of Nine Swords or Magic of Incarnum as your bonus book. Maneuvers or chakra binds could both work.

Weezer
2011-09-13, 11:48 PM
I definately want lots of spells in the fighting, but mostly buffs to make him a better warrior. Divine Power is a must :P.

I'm actually aiming for a more... Everchosen, feel. Like Archaon. Favoured of all of them :P

Going by that I'll return to my first suggestion, choose Tome of Battle as your additional book and go cleric/crusader/ruby knight vindicator. The magic of a chaos devoted cleric combined with the passionate/spirited fighting style of the crusader would mesh very well to get your warrior of Chaos Undivided feel.

DemonRoach
2011-09-14, 12:00 AM
Can't recall the pre-req's, but there's Warrior of Darkness in BoVD. Uses alchemical potions to get bonus stats/feats/whatever at various levels.

Probably not great, but closest thing to the feel that you want that I can think of.

Darrin
2011-09-14, 05:28 AM
I'm aiming for him to be along the lines of a Warrior of Chaos in flavour, but probably Neutral Evil.

You want a Warrior of Choas... without a chaotic alignment. Hokay....

So my problem is, I can't find a prestige class I like that enhances that theme.

You might want to look at the Chaotician in the Planar Handbook. 5-level PrC, lots of chaotic flavor... but doesn't advance any spellcasting. Otherwise, consider refluffing Mythic Exemplar or Ordained Champion from Complete Champion.