PDA

View Full Version : Tristalt uber-villain - Spells Aaaaargh!

Kittenwolf
2011-09-13, 10:14 PM
Does anyone know of a list anywhere of choice/powerful/useful arcane/divine spells? I've got a Tristalt villain to stat up (Sorcerer/Geomancer//Favored Soul//Swordsage/Warblade, lvl 30, demi lich, no epic casting) but the idea of creating a full spell list for this guy makes my head hurt.
If nobody knows of such a list I may just have to go "he's spent a million gold on Knowstones and knows every damned spell I might want him to cast" ><

vampire2948
2011-09-13, 10:24 PM
You sure you want to do a tri-stalt villain? He'd still have really limited actions per round. If he isn't going to last >10 rounds in combat, it doesn't really matter whether he's a Wizard//Cleric or just a Wizard//SomethingActuallyUseful.

But... First post in this thread (http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=394.0) has links to good wizard spells by school.

There're better ways to make a fight challenging than simply making it more gestalt.

For example, for a demi-lich, I'd give him various interesting creatures as undead minions. Maybe even some things that people wouldn't usually expect to see undead-ified. Look up the Necromental template, maybe.
Strong spellcasting minions would make the fight a lot harder, since atm you're only using 1-2 spells a round [with quicken].

Also - He's level 30. He can afford to spend a million gp on knowstones.

Kittenwolf
2011-09-13, 10:34 PM
I'm amused by your inference that Cleric isn't useful :)

He is what he is build wise for story reasons, and also for story reasons he has no undead minions (basically an ascension ritual went FUBAR and he's been stuck inside a castle-sized phylactery for twenty or thirty millenia, unable to actually do anything).

He'll have his six children as minions, facing off against six PCs :)
Oh, and with the Extra Quicken epic feat, he's actually casting 3-4 spells per round ;)

Thanks for the link, shall take a look :D

Acanous
2011-09-13, 10:43 PM
Tristalt

lvl 30

no epic casting

I do not comprehend this.
I mean, you could just fill one of his lists with things like Celerity, Time Stop, Mind Fog, Force Cage, Prismatic Wall, whichever Bigby spell bull rushes things into a prismatic wall, Contingeancy, and then a Vile Scorching Split Ray Fell Drain Scorching Ray or three.
Also Embrace/Shun the Dark Chaos, in case he needs to swap out a feat.

Kittenwolf
2011-09-13, 10:48 PM
I do not comprehend this.

As stated above, he's been trapped in his phylactery. He's literally been incapable of taking actions for tens of thousands of years, he has no epic spells for the same reason he's got no summoned undead, no traps, etc :)

I mean, you could just fill one of his lists with things like Celerity, Time Stop, Mind Fog, Force Cage, Prismatic Wall, whichever Bigby spell bull rushes things into a prismatic wall, Contingeancy, and then a Vile Scorching Split Ray Fell Drain Scorching Ray or three.
Also Embrace/Shun the Dark Chaos, in case he needs to swap out a feat.

*This* is the kind of thing I'm after :)
Though no stores of ruby etc means no forcecage.

Silva Stormrage
2011-09-13, 10:56 PM
Though no stores of ruby etc means no forcecage.

There is an epic feat ignore material components. Might want to take a look at that.

Kittenwolf
2011-09-13, 10:59 PM
There is an epic feat ignore material components. Might want to take a look at that.

Ah yes that's right, the epic one removes all costly components. Mwaahahahahaha (not that Forcecage would slow down anyone in this party, barring maybe one person)