PDA

View Full Version : How To Increase Effective Wild Shape Level?

Tibbaerrohwen
2011-09-14, 06:20 AM
How do you increase your effective druid level for the purpose of wild shape? This, of course, is excluding MoMF.

Thanks.

vampire2948
2011-09-14, 06:26 AM
There's a PrC in Oriental Adventures called 'Shapeshifter', you already need the ability to alter your form. So you can get in with something like Changeling as your race.
Grants Wildshape3/day at 1st level.

Taking levels of Druid is better on the spellcasting side of things, but it's a cool way to add Wildshape with a 1-level dip.

AzraeltheFalle
2011-09-14, 06:33 AM
The Wildshape Amulet from Magic of Faerun increases your effective Wildshape level by four. It Can't increase it beyond 20 though :smallfrown:

Tibbaerrohwen
2011-09-14, 06:34 AM
There's a PrC in Oriental Adventures called 'Shapeshifter', you already need the ability to alter your form. So you can get in with something like Changeling as your race.
Grants Wildshape3/day at 1st level.

Taking levels of Druid is better on the spellcasting side of things, but it's a cool way to add Wildshape with a 1-level dip.

I'm already playing a Druid though, so I'm looking specifically for something that will increase my effective druid level or provide me with an increase in available creature HD. Something like Practiced Spellcaster, except for Wild Shape.

faceroll
2011-09-14, 06:37 AM
There's an item in MIC, IRC.

Tibbaerrohwen
2011-09-14, 08:01 AM
The Wildshape Amulet from Magic of Faerun increases your effective Wildshape level by four. It Can't increase it beyond 20 though :smallfrown:

There's an item in MIC, IRC.

Perfect, thank you.

hex0
2011-09-14, 11:31 AM
Also Arcane Hierophant advances your Wildshape.

Tibbaerrohwen
2011-09-15, 08:24 AM
There is also a 12,000 gp item from Dragon that gives you +4 to your effective wild shape level but a -6 to all Charisma based skills and Wild Empathy.

Does anyone know what the item from MIC is called?

Cog
2011-09-15, 09:11 AM
I'm not finding one there at all; it's not even in the Druid-minded item set.

Feytalist
2011-09-15, 09:16 AM
Possibly thinking of the Wildshape Amulet, which has been mentioned. It's 3.0, but it'll still work.

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2011-09-15, 10:35 AM
If you get all three of the Armor of the Beast, Mantle of the Beast, and Ring of the Beast in Complete Champion, "you are treated as one level higher than you are for the purpose of using wild shape. (For instance, an 11th-level druid clad in the trappings of the beast could assume the form of a plant creature.)"

Coidzor
2011-09-15, 02:45 PM
There is also a 12,000 gp item from Dragon that gives you +4 to your effective wild shape level but a -6 to all Charisma based skills and Wild Empathy.

Which one? Or do you mean the dragon compendium?

mikej
2011-09-15, 03:25 PM

I believe the item you're thinking of is "Skin of the Kaletor," from Dragon Magazine 324.

faceroll
2011-09-15, 03:40 PM
If you get all three of the Armor of the Beast, Mantle of the Beast, and Ring of the Beast in Complete Champion, "you are treated as one level higher than you are for the purpose of using wild shape. (For instance, an 11th-level druid clad in the trappings of the beast could assume the form of a plant creature.)"

Ah, it was CC I was thinking of.