PDA

View Full Version : (3.5) suggestions and ideas for grafts for a "Mad Scientist" themed evil wizard

maniakmastah
2011-09-14, 10:13 AM
Hey everyone, i've gotten into character creation mode for a high level game and decided on an evil wizard/Fleshwarper that has a clear "mad scientist" theme to him. Level is going to be around 21, and i'm going more towards a "enhance the flesh" type of wizard than the standard glass cannon. I already decided on feats, but could use some input and ideas on fiendish grafts to apply to him, and curious to hear about useful or interesting graft ideas. Unless the DM decides otherwise, i'm using the revised graft rules from Magic of Eberron. No idea is too off the wall, so can't wait to hear your ideas.

Telonius
2011-09-14, 10:39 AM
Just going by the books, Feathered (FF 210) or Membranous (FF 211) Wings. Un-dispellable Fly Speed is always nice.

Urpriest
2011-09-14, 10:50 AM
Just wondering, which method are you using to get Heal as a class skill?

Also, using the revised rules is a pretty serious gimp, since it means you can only apply one type of graft to any given creature, while your whole class's shtick is learning how to make multiple types of grafts. I presume the reason why you listed Fiendish Grafts is because those are the ones you've chosen for yourself?

They're not a bad choice. Feathered Wings are almost always better than membranous. Fiendish Grafts also have a few cheap inherent bonuses (one of the legs I think) and some decent natural weapons. Are you planning to do melee with this character?

maniakmastah
2011-09-14, 11:14 AM
Just wondering, which method are you using to get Heal as a class skill?

Also, using the revised rules is a pretty serious gimp, since it means you can only apply one type of graft to any given creature, while your whole class's shtick is learning how to make multiple types of grafts. I presume the reason why you listed Fiendish Grafts is because those are the ones you've chosen for yourself?

They're not a bad choice. Feathered Wings are almost always better than membranous. Fiendish Grafts also have a few cheap inherent bonuses (one of the legs I think) and some decent natural weapons. Are you planning to do melee with this character?

He's a human and at 1st level, as his bonus feat for being human, took Able Learner, which treats all skills as "in class" and costs 1 point.

I chose Fiendish not only because it sounds like the best type to add to himself and i love the style and how much it fits an evil character, but to me, it sounds like Fiendish (as well as Undead) are the most customizable and the best routes i can go if i wanna work with my DM for making homebrew or custom grafts.

The DM hasn't decided on what system to use yet (because i'm still playing a melee oriented character still in his game), but i always like to have a back up character primed and ready and thought this would be a nice change of pace. I chose to go with the revised rules thus far because unless he allows otherwise, those are the current rules for grafts.

Though i haven't planned on going into melee unless needed, i did take a dip in the Chaos Monk alternate Monk class from Dragon Magazine 335 at 3rd level to get Kung Fu Genius, so i can add his INT mod to his AC, and do plan on getting some protective items and abilities so if it does come down to getting into the thick of things, i could.