PDA

View Full Version : Permanent ability Bonuses

crouchingmoose
2011-09-14, 03:46 PM
I'm working on an epic "existentialist" StP erudite that only relies on his own power and doesn't believe in the power of items or others.

The problem that I'm coming across is that I don't like how low some of his ability scores are and I'm looking for ways to permanently increase them. The rules for the bonuses are:

1. Cannot be homebrew (unless compensating for lack of epic rules).
2. Cannot use items or other characters (copies of himself allowed).
3. Access to ALL spells as though they were powers (spell knowledge is the exception to others helping).
3. Limited cheese allow, just no pun-pun limitless tricks allowed.
4. Not worried about NPF or dispelling.

As of right now I've got:
VoP with (epic homebrew (http://aaronwiki.us/index.php?title=Epic_Vow_of_Poverty)) enhancement bonus to all,
permanancy girallon's blessing and permanancy fuse arms (change to huge, then cast spells for maximum benefit),
and Extract Gift (create copy, copy uses metamorphisis, extract gift from copy) +8 enhancement to each "does not stack but overwrites lower VoP bonuses for now",
+5 wish to each stat

any other suggestions you guys have that I can use to raise my ability scores permanently (preferably untyped bonuses)

Hirax
2011-09-14, 03:47 PM
Many grafts in the Fiend Folio provide untyped bonuses.

Andion Isurand
2011-09-14, 04:23 PM
Silthilar Grafts in Lords of Madness are largely internal and 3 of them together can provide +2 to each of your physical stats.

and also...

Artifacts & Locations that grant permanent/instantaneous benefits. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=163229)

Alleran
2011-09-14, 06:17 PM
and Extract Gift (create copy, copy uses metamorphisis, extract gift from copy) +8 enhancement to each "does not stack but overwrites lower VoP bonuses for now"
What would you be snitching the +8 enhancement from? Short of calling up Malcanthet herself (the 30+ HD one from a Dragon Magazine), I'm not quite sure what's available.

Xtomjames
2011-09-14, 06:43 PM
Well you could do perma Arms of Plenty (Lords of Madness page 209) and Fuse Arms a few times over. If you have access to all spells then see my spoiler below for further suggestions and buffs.

Buffing (persistent enduring on all: In your case permanency):
Complete Divine ->Lesser Visage of the Deity (+4 cha, 10 resistance to Cold and Fire) ,Greater Vigor (heal 5 hp/round), Blessing of Bahamut (dr 10/magic), Barkskin (+5 nat ar), Flame Blade 4d8+4 fire damage, Flame of Faith +1 flaming sword +1d6 normal damage +2d10 on critical,

PHB-> Magic Circle against Good & Law, Protection from Arrows, Protection from Energy & resist energy (Cold, Fire, Electricity, Acid, & Sonic), See Invisibility, Blindsight, Tremorsense, Bear’s Endurance (+4 con), Bull’s Strength (+4 to strength), Cat’s Grace (+4 to dex), Eagle’s Splendor (+4 to cha), Fox’s Cunning (+4 int), Owl’s Wisdom (+4 wis), Heroism (+2 to attacks, saves, and skill checks), Displacement, Blink, Haste (+1 to dodge, +1 attack, +30 ft to move speed). Expeditious Retreat (+30 feet to move speed), Jump (+30 to jump check (see Magic of Faerun)), Prayer (+1 luck to all rolls), Scare (creatures of 6 hd or less are frieghtened), Shield of Faith (gain +3 deflection bonus), Sleep (creatures of 4 hd or less fall asleep),

(Dragon Magic ->)Primal: Hunter, Instinct, Senses, Speed (+5 to Climb Jump and Swim, Initiative and Survival, Listen and Spot, Reflex save, and +10 to speed). Soul of: anarchy & shadow (+5 escape artist and grapple checks, +15 negative energy damage to good creatures, 3 dr/good), Wreath of Flames,

(spell compendium ->) Find the gap (ignore AC and Shield bonus, treat each first attack as a touch attack), wraithstrike (all melee attacks are touch attacks, Fell the Greatest Foe (+1d6 /size category larger), Veil of Shadows (20% miss chance, concealment), Accelerated Movement, Mantle of Evil (SR 12+Caster Level against spells with good descriptor), Foundation of Stone (+2 ac, +6 against bull rush), Protection from Positive Energy, Mantle of Chaos (SR (20) against lawful spells), Ram’s Might (+2 str), righteous fury (+4 str and temp hp 5/caster level 35), Towering Oak (+10 intimidate +2 to str), Armor of Darkness (Shadowy shroud provides +4 deflection bonus +1/three levels (max +8) to AC and +2 bonus on saves against holy good, or light effects), Belkar Claws, Dragonskin (white) (Electricity Resistance 10, Nat Armor +4),

Complete Arcane-> Fist of Stone (+6 to str, natural slam attack),

Complete Mage -> Heart of Air (+10 to jump)

Lords of Madness -> Arms of Plenty, Undulant Innards,

PHBII-> Sonic Shield (+4 deflection bonus to ac, 1d8 sonic push back damage against melee attacks), Crown of: Protection, Might, Smiting, Grave (+2 str (discharge +8 for 1 round), +2 to dmg, +1 deflection bonus to AC, +1 resistance bonus on saves; discharge to gain +4 for 1 round. Command undead, discharge for +4 to rebuke), Animalistic Power (+2 to str dex and con), Invest moderate protection (heal 3d4+1/2lvl grant DR 3/evil), Channeled Divine Shield (if cast for 2 rounds gain DR 10/evil)

Draconimicon-> Scintillating scales (Deflection bonus to ac= con modifier)

Sandstorm -> Halo of Sand +1 deflection bonus/3 levels

Drow of the Underdark-> Combat Readiness (+1 per 3 levels to initiative, flanking foes gain no bonus),

Unapproachable East -> Bladebane (+2 to weapon, +2d6 damage to a bane target), Improved Mage Armor (+7 ac)

Heroes of Battle-> Battlemagic Perception,

Lost Empires of Faerun: Strom Shield (absorb 20 points of electricity dmg/ caster level)

Oriental Adventures: Invisibility to Enemies, Mental Strength (+4 to will), know the shadows (+20 hide in shadowed areas), Endurance (1d4+1 con bonus), Warning (+4 to spot and listen, retains dex bonus to ac when flat-footed), Scales of the Lizard (+2 to nat armor).

Book of Vile Darkness-> Masochism and Sadism (for every 10 points of damage given caster gains +1 to attacks, saves and checks, for every 10 points taken “”), corrupt weapon (automatically confirms crits against good aligned foes), Distort weapon , Devil’s Eyes (see through magical darkness), Demon Wings (gain demon wings fly at base land speed at average maneuverability). Unheavened (+4 profane bonus to saving throws against good aligned spells), Fiendish Quickening (all teleport abilities are quickened/free action), Devil’s Tongue (gain 15 foot grapple with tongue), Vampire’s Fangs (gain bite and drain ability of a vampire)

Book of Eldritch Might 1: Enhance Magical Flow (+1 spell DC), Foil Tracer (Teleport spells can’t be traced).

BoEM 2: Quick Boost (+2 con), Disdane the Devine (+1/4 levels against Divine Magic), Invigorate Item (+1 to weapon).

Book of Hallowed Might 1: Godspeed (+60 to speed, +2 to AC)
Abyssal Might (+2 to Str, Con, Dex and SR), Hell’s Power (+2 to AC, +1 to ALL DR), Claws of the Savage (gain su claws 1d6 dmg), resonating resistance (spellcasters casting spells against you must check SR twice to succeed),

Tome of Magic: Bane of the Archrival (+4 to ac, counter mind affecting spells, force selected person to stay away), True Prayer of the Chosen (+3 ac bonus and reflex save), Bulwark of Reality (+4 to AC), Augment Truefriend (self)(+2 str dex and con).

Villain Design Handbook-> Tail (grow prehensile tail +1 to Dex, +4 to balance climb and tumble), Rear View (gain 360 degree vision), Spell Haste (cast two spells per round), Elongation (+1 ac to bludgeoning, can extend reach by 1 foot per round, retract as free action instantaneously.), Initiative (always go first),

Eberron Secrets of Salorna
Flexform: Gain +10 to tumble and escape artist, can move freely through opponent’s square without AoO.
Fortify Metal and Stone: Double hardness of weapon and/or armor and gain DR as per Adamantine.

Miniatures Handbook: Lightfoot, movement doesn’t attack AoO, Conviction: +2 to all saving throws to a max of +5 at level 18.
Quick march: +30 to speed, Lion’s Charge: Grant’s Pounce

Total bonuses to ability scores: Str: +26 Dex: +9 Con: +10 Int: +4 Will: +8 Cha: +12 AC: +61+ new con modifier
Damage Reductions: 11/magic, 14/evil, 4/good, Resistances: Acid, Fire, Water, Sonic, Electricity: resist 10, Protection from Energy 48: Electricity, cold, fire resistance 10 (as per DR).Absorb 70 points of electric damage before applying resistances,
Skills: Bonus to all skills and saves: +3 specific(already includes the general bonus): Jump +143, Climb +12, Balance+12, Bluff +3, Tumble +12, Swim+8, Survival+8 Listen +12, spot +12 Escape Artist: +8 Hide +23 (shadowed areas), (because of the spell Initiative, character always go first anyways…)
Speed: +160 Initiative +14 Attack: +1 Grapple: +5 (move at full speed when climbing, flying, or swimming), temporary HP 35 (permanent until used up by damage or until 7 days have passed.)
Damage: Spells +15 negative energy to good aligned creatures, +2 to melee dmg
Saves Reflex: +12 Will: +8 Con: +4: +2 against good aligned affects, immune to sneak attack and critical hits. Persisted Enduring Vigor constantly is replenishing 2hp/round
SR 20/good or lawful aligned spells, immune to positive energy,
Flaws: Take: heartless, merciless, pyromaniac, wartorn, gain 4 feats. Truename research, Ambidexterity, Multiweapon fighting, extra readied maneuver.

crouchingmoose
2011-09-14, 08:13 PM
What would you be snitching the +8 enhancement from? Short of calling up Malcanthet herself (the 30+ HD one from a Dragon Magazine), I'm not quite sure what's available.

Enough "Body outside Body" duplicates with psionic reformation and embrace/shun dark chaos to get the necessary bonuses temporarily (ie great strength, great constitution) then metamorphisis into a demon with low enough hit die to be the target of the spell all I have to do is get a +16 stat which for str, dex, and con is easy if you've got a 30+ stat demon you change into.

crouchingmoose
2011-09-15, 07:47 AM
Any other suggestions...I'm espically looking for boosts to int that could stack so I can break 50 int (right now im at 45 and Im using venerable, inherint, enhancement, and level bonuses)

tyckspoon
2011-09-15, 02:04 PM
Assuming you're allowed to Permanent pretty much whatever you want (Girallon's Blessing and Fuse Arms are not on the standard Permanence list, and aren't excepted for such in their spell listings either) Greater Visage of the Deity will give you (most of) the half-celestial template, including a typeless boost to all your stats (only +2 for Int, but hey, it's typeless.) Other than that, I don't really know.. mental stats are a lot harder to explode than physical. You might be able to scare up a Sacred or Perfection bonus somewhere, but those are more often on Wis/Cha as the divine stats, or on physical stats in the 'gods help me smite my foes!' kinds of buffs.

crouchingmoose
2011-09-15, 02:31 PM
Assuming you're allowed to Permanent pretty much whatever you want (Girallon's Blessing and Fuse Arms are not on the standard Permanence list, and aren't excepted for such in their spell listings either) Greater Visage of the Deity will give you (most of) the half-celestial template, including a typeless boost to all your stats (only +2 for Int, but hey, it's typeless.) Other than that, I don't really know.. mental stats are a lot harder to explode than physical. You might be able to scare up a Sacred or Perfection bonus somewhere, but those are more often on Wis/Cha as the divine stats, or on physical stats in the 'gods help me smite my foes!' kinds of buffs.

Acutally Girallon's and fuse are allowed... its on page 60 of savage species...under the section entitled "Permanancy and Savage Species Spells"

tyckspoon
2011-09-15, 03:04 PM
Ah. I was going with the Spell Compendium updates, which don't have that permission. Suppose that'd be DM's call on whether the Savage Species expansions still hold good.

Zagaroth
2011-09-15, 06:27 PM
If you are epic, you should be looking at Epic transformation spells with a duration of Instant...